Gift for boy classmates

girlsmom

Mouseketeer
I got a set of Mickey head ponytail holders on ebay (50cents each) for my daughters (2nd and 4th grades) to give their female classmates when we get back from our Disney trip, but can't think of anything to order for them to hand out to their male classmates. Hoping for the 50cents or less range... Any ideas?!?

Pencils/pens/erasers?

Have them do a bunch of the pressed pennies while they're on vacation and bring those back.

Don't know about your school, but ours doesn't allow passing out anything edible--especially candy!

I don't think that it's necessary to bring a gift, but you could go to a party store and probably find a party favor.

you might want to have something else available in case some of the girls have short hair.

We'd always bring back silly bands for my DS's friends at his preschool, but they were mostly 4 and 5 years old.

It's been a couple of years since we were there, but the Mickey head crazy straws were 50 cents each in 2011 and 2009 and found only in the food courts of the Value resorts. Maybe they have expanded their sales to other locations? :confused3

It's been a couple of years since we were there, but the Mickey head crazy straws were 50 cents each in 2011 and 2009 and found only in the food courts of the Value resorts. Maybe they have expanded their sales to other locations? :confused3

I got them in the food court at port Orleans last time. Around .59 each.

Wilderness Lodge had them at their food court in 2011. That's where I found them since we got moved to the Beach Club and they don't have them.

They were .50 cents before tax.

Sometimes we get those bags of Goofy Candy Co twisty suckers. They come like 6 in a bag. They are only a few bucks and then we just give one to each kid. One year we even found Pez dispensers for like $1 and gave those.

If you are going to be at WDW, they have them in the food courts (not all resorts have them). Big hit, I always buy lots.

These are a great idea since they are actually from WDW.

I guess I don't see the point of buying something from ebay before your trip just to hand out to the class when you get home. I get that its cheap, but its giving them something because you went to WDW, not something from WDW. Why even bother then :confused3

Bumping this up to see if anyone can tell me where, which resort food courts, (might) currently have the mickey straws. I have been looking for these for a long time.

They can make a bad day at home better. I have had to resort to eating chocolate covered marshmallows in order to get a few. The things one must suffer through.

So, can anyone tell me where to go to get these and possibly how many different colors there are? I might be at The Dolphin, if more health issues stay away

I guess I don't see the point of buying something from ebay before your trip just to hand out to the class when you get home. I get that its cheap, but its giving them something because you went to WDW, not something from WDW.

:thumbsup2

I just don't get the whole practice of giving classmates something because/from your vacation.

I just don't get the whole practice of giving classmates something because/from your vacation.

I'm with you- it seems somewhat :upsidedow to me.
Would someone walk me through the thought process of why it is a good idea to bring back gifts (cheap or otherwise) to a room full of people that you may or may not be close with, for no good reason?

I mean, what are we celebrating as a class?
Not Christmas, or a birthday.
A vacation? :confused3

"Hey, look, I got to get out of school to go to Disney World while you got to stay here and do school work.
I had tons of fun, :cool1: and just so you can always be reminded of the fun I had while you were stuck here at school, here's a Mickey Head straw! Enjoy" :rolleyes1

Hey, there's nothing wrong with taking a vacation, but in an environment like school where so many things highlight the haves from the have-nots (clothing, backpacks, lunches, etc.)
I probably would not even mention it, much less give a gift to every kid designed to draw attention to it.

If you want to give a gift to each kid, buy them and wait for an opportune time like Christmas.

Just my $0.02 :thumbsup2

I have to agree. My inlaws always used to bring us stuff (tee shirts - and I don't wear touristy tee shirts so they'd always just go in my giveaway bag) and now they bring us coffee and chocolate macadamia nuts from Hawaii (um, I used to live there and I go there too and don't buy that there) from their vacations. I wish they'd stop. One time, they even gave us all tee shirts from some beach vacation but for my daughter it was a Disney tee shirt - then I looked closer and it was one she had outgrown so I had given it for their younger daughter - what the heck?

When we go on vacation, we don't buy souvenirs for anyone else. I find it not necessary, and for kids silly. I'd let my kids buy something for themselves, but if everyone did that, we'd end up with a lot of junk we don't want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter