Gift delivery

Shannon G

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this question has been asked a million times, but I have been searching & haven't found a clear answer. My brother, his wife & stepson are going to WDW in late Jan / early Feb, to celebrate my nephew's 18th birthday & upcoming graduation. I'd like to have a gift bag of goodies sent to him as a surprise. I know that if I order through Disney Floral it can be delivered to his room after they have checked in. But what if I use an outside company (Pixie Dust Delivery? Dizzy Dolphin?)? After they deliver the gift to the resort, can / will the resort deliver it to his room? Or will he have to pick it from Bell Services?

If I have to order through Disney Floral to get it delivered to his room, will they customize gifts beyond the "customizable" options on their web site? They have an option to select from a few bags or baskets & ten select the filler items, but he's not going to care about the bag - I'd prefer to have a much simpler container, like a gift bag, than to pay $$ for a bag he will never use.

I'll take a stab at an answer. There is just no guarantee they will deliver a gift from an outside vendor to a room, so, if you go that route, you would need to alert your brother to pick it up at bell services. I've ordered from Disney Floral twice and, while it is more expensive, I do have piece of mind that the delivery will be made to the room. I would call Disney Floral directly with your question about a simpler container. They probably have more flexibility in ordering items if you do it over the phone. I just ordered from them for a delivery in November. I ordered a Mickey birthday balloon bouquet with a plush, personalized birthday Mickey ears plus an additional Minnie Mouse headband. The total cost was around $100 with delivery. Definitely not cheap, but I know the children I purchased them for will be delighted to open their hotel room to find them waiting for them, so it was worth it to me to pay the upcharge.

I know my husband called Disney floral and created gift bags for our boys that were entirely custom. He gave them a price point and theme and worked to get exactly what he wanted. I will say, when we stayed at a value and moderate resort we had to go get the gift basket.

Not for sure about other outside vendors but I have done several things from the Disney Florist. I ordered for my kids at Halloween and did that package and it was awesome! The kids loved it and I brought all my stuff home to use to decorate my house! If you don't want to do the Disney Florist or are worried about the deal, maybe have a gift certificate for a cool place to eat! Or an activity that he might find really cool to do on this vacation. Then you could give a card to his parents and they could present it to him on your behalf (or have a character present it to him!)

How thoughtful! There are some fun “food type” snack things I’ve ordered thru disney floral and it worked well and was in room. Then the front desk (?). Added an xtra congrats card which was so unexpected.
Did cakes at restaurants... the mickey cake.. more than once.. but unless you know they ll eat the whole thing kinda wasteful as most people headed back to a park and won’t carry it ( we were permitted to give it to server CM’s).
Did flowers ( with fairies.. which was great) but not a guy thing clearly.

Never used an outside company. Can’t help there.
Perhaps a gift card instead ...so recipient can use while there for what he’d like??
You could give it/card to parent to leave for him that morning... as s surprise??
Good luck!!

Outside companies have to leave items at front desk, then they will call you to pick it up.

They have delivered outside vendor gifts for me in the past. The guest MUST have don pre-check in. The gift is delivered to guest services by the outside vendor. After that, they deliver the present whenever they wish to.
I tried to coordinate having it delivered before the family got to the room, but the resort decided 10pm was best :confused3

My experience was with All-Star Sports in summer 2017.

Just an FYI Disney Floral does not always deliver to the room. I have a friend that usually orders me a gift from them. One year they just handed it to me at checkin. Every other time it was delivered. It is much more exciting walking into something sitting on your bed as a surprise compared to just getting it at checkin. LOL

They have delivered outside vendor gifts for me in the past. The guest MUST have don pre-check in. The gift is delivered to guest services by the outside vendor. After that, they deliver the present whenever they wish to.
I tried to coordinate having it delivered before the family got to the room, but the resort decided 10pm was best :confused3

My experience was with All-Star Sports in summer 2017.
This June we had some things delivered and we had to pick them from guest services. It probably depends on the person who accepts the items. Who knows with Disney they change things everyday we were also at sports.

Not for sure about other outside vendors but I have done several things from the Disney Florist. I ordered for my kids at Halloween and did that package and it was awesome! The kids loved it and I brought all my stuff home to use to decorate my house! If you don't want to do the Disney Florist or are worried about the deal, maybe have a gift certificate for a cool place to eat! Or an activity that he might find really cool to do on this vacation. Then you could give a card to his parents and they could present it to him on your behalf (or have a character present it to him!)
How do you do that?

How do you do that?

Your room is not your room until you have checked in and assured the resort (by not requesting a change) that you accept the room.

Maybe by paying a lot of money to Disney Floral?

I think the PP that suggested having a character hand something to the guest was referring to putting something together yourself (I think she mentioned gift card in a card) and then asking a character to hand that card to the recipient. I don't think they were referring to actually spending upwards of $1000 to hire a character to do this ... ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter