Gift card for resort parking fee

Lisa75

DIS Veteran
Good evening. The only charge I will have on the room is the parking fee. May I use a Disney gift card to pay it? If so, when should I go down and do that?

Thanks!

Good evening. The only charge I will have on the room is the parking fee. May I use a Disney gift card to pay it? If so, when should I go down and do that?

Thanks!
Try at check in with the front desk. If they won’t let you pay ahead of time you can pay on the last night of your trip. You can also pay the morning of departure but they will charge and refund your cc on file as that processes at like midnight or something (and leave yourself enough time if you go the morning route, I went to do some small thing at the CSR front desk recently which had been walk up but a few mornings ago and the line was 25 people deep with 3 CMs working, like yikes!)

You may pay the entire amount when you check in. I prepaid for days worth of meals several times in order to stay ahead of the charges.

You may pay the entire amount when you check in. I prepaid for days worth of meals several times in order to stay ahead of the charges.
They will not allow you to prepay room charges with a gift card. They might have in the past, but it's a nightmare if you don't spend it all and they have to somehow refund the remainder.

You can’t do that anymore with gift cards. You can only pay for your room and maybe parking ahead of time. Other charges can only be paid by gift card after they post to your account.

You can’t do that anymore with gift cards. You can only pay for your room and maybe parking ahead of time. Other charges can only be paid by gift card after they post to your account.
YES YOU CAN!!! I just got back from a trip where I had already paid for the room before arrival. I preloaded my account via gift cards (3 different times) to cover my upcoming meals. You might need a manager, as some junior staff don't know how to do this. Try to not overpay. As others have stated, make sure you have the gift card if you over pay, so they can refund the balance back to the gift card.

YES YOU CAN!!! I just got back from a trip where I had already paid for the room before arrival. I preloaded my account via gift cards (3 different times) to cover my upcoming meals. You might need a manager, as some junior staff don't know how to do this. Try to not overpay. As others have stated, make sure you have the gift card if you over pay, so they can refund the balance back to the gift card.
Me, and almost everyone else here, has been told it’s against policy for the last few years. Admittedly there is no way I would ever request to speak to a Mananger about something so trivial.

Or just pay for your meal directly with the gift card. No need to deal with the front desk, a manager or a possible refund at all. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Exactly
Why bother with putting it on the room balance and paying with a magic band when you can just pay with the gift card at time of purchase and avoid the "middle man"? You've clearly brought the gift card with you, just use it. Since putting it on the resort room balance causes the resort to jump through hoops it seems really unnecessary. Don't be that guest that causes the resort to jump through hoops to do something you can do yourself even easier than they can do to do something that is not normal procedure.

What we have done frequently is charge with our bands then stop at the desk each evening, or every other evening, and pay off the charges with the cards. This will include parking charged so far. Everything charged to the room can be paid off using gift cards. Key being after charged

Last edited:

Thanks!
Your CC on file will be charged daily for parking (not 1x for all days on checkout day), you will need to tell them that when you check in. I was very surprised that every time I did a mobile order, my cc got billed instead of 1 big checkout bill. They are making it harder to use gift cards for us (but not impossible) to use gift cards for parking and mobile ordering food. I just now double-checked my CC from our last visit and they did charge parking each day on my card, not on the checkout day for the entire stay.

Last edited:
Yes, it is ideal for Disney if consumers spend their gift cards on superfluous purchases like merchandise, rather than on a cost the guests HAS to incur, like parking. It doubles the revenue for Disney.

But do NOT feel apprehension/shame in asking to use your card differently than in the manner most ideal for the corporation. It’s YOUR gift card, i.e YOUR money.

You absolutely CAN pay your hotel parking with a Disney gift card. Disney confirmed it officially: “If you'd like to use a Disney Gift Card to pay the parking charges at your Resort Hotel, simply stop by the Front Desk to use the card to pay off your resort charges prior to checkout.”
https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...rd-paying-parking-charges-walt-disney-463178/

And the gift card can be used in conjunction with another form of payment, if the balance doesn’t cover the full charge.

And a Disney Rewards Redemption card works for parking too.

Last edited:
Yes you can use a Gift Card to pay that fee, I would just check with the Front Desk before checkout

Your CC on file will be charged daily for parking (not 1x for all days on checkout day), you will need to tell them that when you check in. I was very surprised that every time I did a mobile order, my cc got billed instead of 1 big checkout bill. They are making it harder to use gift cards for us (but not impossible) to use gift cards for parking and mobile ordering food. I just now double-checked my CC from our last visit and they did charge parking each day on my card, not on the checkout day for the entire stay.
I'm not sure if you're aware but gift cards have been able to be used for mobile orders for a while now. When mobile orders first started in 2017 no you couldn't use it and I agree it was a pain for us as we did us Disney gift cards a lot. But that is no longer the case. We used our Disney gifts cards frequently enough in May for mobile orders.

There is a way to switch the mobile order to your gift card each time you check out. Has to be done each time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter