Gideon's

You don't order in advance. It's a virtual line to enter the store and shop.

1. You go to the store and a worker will take your information outside on a tablet.
2. You can leave and shop or whatever. We waited about 2 hours in early afternoon on a weekday.
3. You receive a text that it is your turn.
4. You get in line outside the store. It's about 20 minutes or so depending on how fast people are shopping. They let 2-3 people enter at a time or so.
5. You enter the bakery, shop and buy your items.

They don't always have a virtual queue. It is only if it is needed. They also will cut off the queue if too many are in it in the evening.

Can you stop by in the morning, sign up for the virtual line, then go to the parks and show up at night to shop? I don't know if there is a return window or not. If there is one, it likely is pretty generous, but is it 8 hours or something? I don't know.
Thank-You so much for the info. We are going to Disney Springs for the first time and wanted to stop by Gideon's.

I was planning on going here to get some cookies cuz my wife and kids would love this type of stuff.

But if I have to join some virtual queue hours ahead of time and then wait when we get there, this may not be worth the effort. I understand if it takes up to an hour before we can go in, but several hours just to wait in line before entering the store?

That seems excessive.

I quite by accident ended up first in line last week. Entered DS @ 8:45 from the bridge crossing from the Buena Vista Palace side (was there solely because I needed to drop my daughter off at the hotel for something and thought It would be nice to take a walk through DS early without the heat). Remembered about Gideon's and thought I would see if I could get in line without a long wait. So I waited at the temperature check til 9 when DS opens. Walked over and honestly thought I had to be in the wrong place because there was no one around but a CM came by and said how lucky I was to be first in line. It was probably around 9:15 or so. I didn't mind sitting there - the weather was perfect and I just played on my phone. Would I wait hours and hours for it in the heat, nope. Don't get me wrong...the cookies were incredible. But they were cookies and no cookie is worth waiting hours for in my book. Loved the coffee cake and cookies and cream ones.

We got there at 9am last week on a Thursday. Were about the 15th-20th group in line. We had cookies in hand and were out the door by 10 (they opened a scootch early). We got the pistachio, the coffee cake cookie, the peanut butter crunch, and the cookie of the month espresso-peanut butter...and the cold brew.

I'm SO happy we went, because now we never have to go there again. MEH.

If you love the taste and feel of eating a pound of raw cookie dough, then this will be your jam. I love cookie dough...but a little sneaky spoonful when I'm making cookies, not a Big Mac sized lump. I know, I know...it's supposed to be that way. No thanks.

The coffee cake cookie was okay. I'd rather have an Entemann's coffee cake. It was a big greasy, soft, mound of dough with crumb topping. The flavor was good, but I cannot get past the texture. Same with the peanut butter one. There was NO crunch. Just more raw dough.

I tried the cold brew, but I am not the one to take a review from since I don't like coffee....and I did not like this drink either. I couldn't discern any peanut butter flavor, and neither could DH (who loves coffee. He wasn't a fan either).

If there is a time then there is no wait, we may try the cake.

We got a DELICIOUS chocolate chip cookie from 4 River's Smokehouse in Daytona the day before. It was heavenly. And the Cookie Num Num is way better too. Best cookie on property is the one in the Norway bakery.

Like Jennasis, I was there last week Fri. 5/7. Walked over from SSR. Got in line ~9am. Was maybe group 6 or 7 in line. They opened 10 min early at 9:50am. I was out around 10am. Got the coffee cake, pistachio, and cookies and cream. I found the cookies OK. I think part of the hype is waiting in line & being inside Gideon's with the cool theming/design. (And, admittedly, following their social media.) The cookies themselves were OK... the toppings are fantastical (similar concept at Everglazed), but the end product was eh. Still glad I tried it, but I wouldn't go out of my way or take away a park day to experience Gideon's. I think there are better desserts in Disney Springs like the pastries at Amorette's or even a Sprinkle cupcake. But I realize that this is my humble opinion.

I'm a huge fan of Levain Bakery in NYC. They were the OG pile of cookie dough in a super round, big shape. I like Levain's better.

Like Jennasis, I was there last week Fri. 5/7. Walked over from SSR. Got in line ~9am. Was maybe group 6 or 7 in line. They opened 10 min early at 9:50am. I was out around 10am. Got the coffee cake, pistachio, and cookies and cream. I found the cookies OK. I think part of the hype is waiting in line & being inside Gideon's with the cool theming/design. (And, admittedly, following their social media.) The cookies themselves were OK... the toppings are fantastical (similar concept at Everglazed), but the end product was eh. Still glad I tried it, but I wouldn't go out of my way or take away a park day to experience Gideon's. I think there are better desserts in Disney Springs like the pastries at Amorette's or even a Sprinkle cupcake. But I realize that this is my humble opinion.

I'm a huge fan of Levain Bakery in NYC. They were the OG pile of cookie dough in a super round, big shape. I like Levain's better.
Yes! Levain has the better cookie to me too, but I did love the coffee cake cookie from Gideon's.

We got there at about 11 AM last Saturday (May 8). They said the estimated time was about 2 and a half hours, but it took longer. We were ready to leave DS, but we got the call. The cookies were pretty good, but not worth the extreme hype. I ate on mine over the course of the trip - not even finishing it until I was home! I did love the inside of tha tplace though - it's worth going just for that if you can. If spending time at DS, I recommend signing in as early as possible. The cookies did keep pretty well, though if it's very hot out you may want to get them back to the room relatively quickly.

[fI you love the taste and feel of eating a pound of raw cookie dough, then this will be your jam. I love cookie dough...but a little sneaky spoonful when I'm making cookies, not a Big Mac sized lump. I know, I know...it's supposed to be that way. No thanks.

[/QUOTE]

SO much THIS!! We felt the exact same way. We are a sweet loving family family of 5 and i ended up throwing away the remains because no one likes them enough.

When you try to reserve a spot and "queue up" to try to get into the place, does it tell you the "potential" wait time is?

Does it tell you ( before you get into the queue ) that the "current wait time" is 2 or 3 hours from now?

The reason I ask this is because I'm wondering if you can time it ahead of your schedule so that when it is your time to go to the bakery that it lands sometime after you expect to get to DS.

For example:

If you know that you will be a DS after 7pm, you check and the current wait time is 3 hours, that you go into the app and get in the virtual queue sometime around 4 to 4:30pm to try to secure a spot around the time you expect to get to DS.

When you try to reserve a spot and "queue up" to try to get into the place, does it tell you the "potential" wait time is?

Does it tell you ( before you get into the queue ) that the "current wait time" is 2 or 3 hours from now?

The reason I ask this is because I'm wondering if you can time it ahead of your schedule so that when it is your time to go to the bakery that it lands sometime after you expect to get to DS.

For example:

If you know that you will be a DS after 7pm, you check and the current wait time is 3 hours, that you go into the app and get in the virtual queue sometime around 4 to 4:30pm to try to secure a spot around the time you expect to get to DS.
You need to go to the store to join the waitlist, you can't do it remotely. They do give you an estimated wait time but it isn't always right.

You need to go to the store to join the waitlist, you can't do it remotely. They do give you an estimated wait time but it isn't always right.

Yes. They were a bit over the quote they gave us, but it was just an estimate. My advice is to go as early as possible.

I will say that while the cookies were quite good, they aren't really worth that kind of hype, so take that for what it's worth. There are plenty of sweet treats around that would suit just as well.

I was there on Saturday morning. I took an Uber from Caribbean Beach at @9:30am. I was told that the buses from the resorts don’t run until 10am. I walked up to Gideon’s at 9:50. The line went around the side of the building. There was a guy with an iPad at the end of the line who said that they were starting the virtual queue. They allow a certain number of people in the actual line and then start virtual line when it gets too long. I was told that the call back time was 1 hour and 40 minutes. I went shopping and received a text to come back at 11:00am (1hour and 10 mins). There was a small line when I returned....maybe 15 mins. The cookies are good.... but the peanut butter cup cake is AMAZING!!

I'm happy to see this. I've got zero interest in the cookies, but the peanut butter cup cake sounds delicious!

On Saturday we had a four and a 1/2 hour wait. This was my second time here. The first time was so good and yummo. This second time, only had red velvet cake and peanut butter cake. Sold out of all others. We purchased the peanut butter cake and an expresso cookie. Both were old and stale. And not sure where the expresso was in the cookie. I was so disappointed. To wait as long as we did and to be given stale old crap. Not a good look. I won't be back.

We waited an additional 20 mins. Not a big deal really if you understand this and plan ahead to check in and go shopping. But to wait all this time and have stale food? That's a no go for me.

I'm happy to see this. I've got zero interest in the cookies, but the peanut butter cup cake sounds delicious!

It does! But remember, there are 3 cake choices each day. The only one there everyday is red velvet. The other 2 rotate.

Our wait wasnt too bad. We went on Tuesday the 11th, got to Disney Springs at 4pm, went to the person at the front door with the ipad to join the queue and our estimated time was 90 minutes. We shopped and did get called back at exactly 5:30 and the wait line moved pretty fast. We were in and out by 5:40. Then it was off to our 6pm ADR. Worked out great for us.
Our favorite one was the peanut butter espresso one, but frankly we all like the chocolate chip cookies at Zuri‘s Sweet shop in Animal Kingdom the best. Every trip we have to get multiples of those. And i don't mean the big kiddie ones they had pre-covid, but the smaller more gourmet like ones on the bottom shelf of the case. We got them every AK day and even brought some home. They keep really well in the fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter