Giant Eagle doubles fuel perks starting THIS Thursday!

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
For the Western Pa a and Ohio people. Double fuel perks starts THursdy so I rationalize 100 gift cards cost 88. Even less when you use a CC with perecent back like Disney Visa PRemier at 2% on grocers. Stocking up to pay off the June Bill!!! :)

And FYI if you have a chase freedom rewards card...In my case I have 70K points on here. I can scan my advantage card buy 700 in Disney gift cards, come home and transfer the points to pay the entire 700 bill. I also just earned 2.80 off a gallon on the next fill without being out of pocket for any of the gift cards b/c I paid with points...

Perfect timing! I just checked their website last night to see if they had the upcoming sale flyer out yet! I need to buy gift cards this week to pay for our dining plan and also pick up some Lowe's gift cards for some home improvement projects!

Perfect timing! I just checked their website last night to see if they had the upcoming sale flyer out yet! I need to buy gift cards this week to pay for our dining plan and also pick up some Lowe's gift cards for some home improvement projects!

I know every meal I buy at Disney or room charge I rationalize at a 12 - 17 percnt discount if it is my bonus CC category hits with double perks for the 17. I have to settle for 14% this time. LOL but I am thrilled. That REALLY adds up for me.

The Giant Eagle in Robinson Township stopped selling Lowes gift cards in March. Not sure if it's all locations on just Robinson.

Lowe's is no longer listed on the website either. Home Depot is.

Lowe's is no longer listed on the website either. Home Depot is.

I asked the manager about it this morning and they said Lowes said too many were being purchased???? You would think GE would care about that more than Lowes would! I remember Best Buy left for a while too and go back. Guessing somehow they were abused?

Pretty sure you're right about the Best Buy gift cards. Don't recall the exact details, but I heard that someone, somehow, figured out a way to spoof Giant Eagle's activation codes on the Best Buy gift cards and took them for a great sum of money, so Best Buy pulled their cards until Giant Eagle fixed the security issue?

However, that's not the case with Lowe's. Giant Eagle buys all the gift cards they sell from the respective companies at a reduced price. Arbitrarily, let's say an average of 15% off. Lowe's pulled their cards because they were renegotiating the sale terms with Giant Eagle and didn't like the price they were being offered. As such, with the drop in sales that I wager they'll see, chances are Lowe's cards will be back in Giant Eagles before the year's out.

I asked the manager about it this morning and they said Lowes said too many were being purchased???? You would think GE would care about that more than Lowes would! I remember Best Buy left for a while too and go back. Guessing somehow they were abused?

yea lot of the smaller contractors where pricing out jobs and buying lowes cards to get free gas. :rotfl2:

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
woo hoo op last trip i got 90 gallons of free gas

Disney gift cards I bought this week end gave me 2.80$ off a gallon
Woo hoo
Need another 1000$ yet
Keeping fingers crossed for it again for fathers day

Disney gift cards I bought this week end gave me 2.80$ off a gallon
Woo hoo
Need another 1000$ yet
Keeping fingers crossed for it again for fathers day

If I remember correctly I recall it being May and not again until back to school shopping....It was a long wait last year and really the double perks seem to get spaced further and further apart.....I bought 3k on Thursday and going to buy more day before it expires....

If I remember correctly I recall it being May and not again until back to school shopping....It was a long wait last year and really the double perks seem to get spaced further and further apart.....I bought 3k on Thursday and going to buy more day before it expires....
I was hoping they let it continue till Father's Day fingers crossed I need another 1000$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter