GF to HS and AK question, and 1 person leaving early (DME or uber?)

sandyplayer

Mouseketeer
I need a little advice about how to get from the Grand Floridian to 2 parks.
We are doing a morning at Hollywood Studios and another at Animal Kingdom. We are a family five, but in addition we are traveling with my parents and sister.
Originally I thought we would take the bus, because the last two times we did Disney with just my immediate family, we took the bus. Probably because we didn't have a car.
But this time we are driving and will have a car. Does it make more sense to drive to these two parks? Is it easy? Is parking at this time easy? Close?
We are rope drop people, so thinking we can leave the GF about an hour before opening and still be ok for these parks if we drive. With the bus we would probably want to be at the stop a bit earlier than an hour before, probably closer to 90 minutes.
And the return would be easier, no?

And then another question. My sister is leaving after 2 nights and would need a ride to the airport for a 5 PM flight. We plan on doing Animal Kingdom that morning, so getting back to the Grand for her to be on a bus at 2 pm is not probable. Suggestions? Uber? She may leave from Animal Kingdom (she will only have carry on and can leave it in our car if we drive) or come back and leave from Grand?

Thanks for you help. I am sweating the details 3 months before our trip.

Driving to the parks in my opinion is faster.

I do not know how Uber works for a park pick up. But remember she will have to go all the way back to the parked car to get the bag then to the Uber pick up location. Not even sure they allow luggage on the tram in the parking lots. I know they do not allow luggage on the buses. I would just go back to the resort and catch it from there. She should allow 2 hours to do this just in case she has any issues.

If memory serves me, Uber from the GF to the Airport was around $25-26. It was fairly quick, about 20-25 minutes, and he dropped us off right at the drop-off for our airline. We did this option because we wanted to eat brunch at Narcoosee's instead of taking ME 3hrs early for our flight. I would suggest the best option would be for your sister to leave her luggage at the front desk of GF, so it's close, and then leave AK an hour before she wants to catch her Uber. She can schedule her Uber on the bus when they get close to GF.

Unless she has TSA pre I would still leave either AK or GF at the 2 1/2 hour mark as TSA at MCO is (imho) awful - very long waits!
Unlike some other airports you do need that 2 hour pre arrival window to make your flight. So - if uber can pick up at AK you will save quite a bit of time by not having to travel back to GF so if it is worth $25/$30 for her then this is the best bet. If she has to take a bus back to GF to pick up bags then she may as well just use DME IMHO.

Ok, that helps. I didn't realize MCO was so difficult. Even here in NY with LGA and JFK, two crowded poorly run airports, 60/75 minutes is more than enough time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter