GF room size question?

Desnik

<font color=teal>I actually love packing and plann
Can someone please help me? I am having trouble booking a room and I need some clarification. Does anyone know the square footage of a deluxe room in the Royal Palm Club at the GF, the one with 2 queen beds?

Also, is this info correct, the standard Royal Palm Club room and the deluxe King Royal Palm club room are both the same size, 448 sq. ft.?
TIA:goodvibes

I do not know the square footage of the deluxe queen or deluxe king rooms, but when looking at the layout of the rectangular deluxe king rooms (with the jacuzzi) on the second floor, it is certainly possible that they are nearly the same size as the standard rooms. (approx. 440 sq. ft.)

The octagonal or turret king rooms are bigger, they have room for a sitting area. Here are a few photos:

And here are a few photos of the deluxe RPC room, 2 queens (as you can see, there is a lot more space than a standard room):

All these photos are, of course, before the switch to the new decor.

Can someone please help me? I am having trouble booking a room and I need some clarification. Does anyone know the square footage of a deluxe room in the Royal Palm Club at the GF, the one with 2 queen beds?

Also, is this info correct, the standard Royal Palm Club room and the deluxe King Royal Palm club room are both the same size, 448 sq. ft.?
TIA:goodvibes

Hi desnick!
I think the square footage on the deluxe rooms is about 650 compared to about 440 for a standard room - they are noticeably larger. Hope that helps!

k&a&c'smom Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics again!!:) Just curious did you prefer the deluxe or turrett room?

Hi Minniesota!!

I guess we were posting at almost the same time...Havent seen you around in a bit...hope all is well...:goodvibes

Blue Skies:flower3:

Great pictures, k&a&c'smom. Thanks for sharing.:surfweb:

Nice to see you on the boards, minniesota.:wave2:

Thank you all so much! I knew the deluxe with 2 queens had to be a lot bigger than a standard RPC room with 2 queens. So I definitely need that deluxe room. So let me get this straight, the deluxe king room is smaller than a deluxe room with 2 queens? That deluxe king room is the size of the standard room? Why am I confusing myself!?:rotfl:

Desnik - there are two deluxe-king-club level rooms, one is the turret room, the other is the rectangular rooms located on the second floor. They are in an area with no through traffic, therefore are quieter, and have a jacuzzi tub. You can't specifically book either, you have to request which you'd like from the RPC planners.

The photos of the turret king room that I posted, those rooms are definitely larger than a standard room, but seemed smaller than a deluxe queen room, to me. The rectangular honeymoon rooms MAY be slightly larger than a standard room, but I don't know the square footage - I've seen the layout of both, and they seem to be close to the same size. If you have gotten the square footage from someone that puts the deluxe king room at 448, that may be the difference, as I believe the standard rooms are closer to 440, as minniesota posted (thanks, minniesota!:wave2:). Confusing, right?! lol

Blueskies - We loved both rooms, but I think I prefer the deluxe queen room - more room for everything in general, and able to sleep 4 vs. 2. You could put a scooter, baby bed and a rollaway in that room, and still have room to navigate! ;) And it has a balcony, although those wrap around windows in the turret room were gorgeous. Here are some photos of the view from the turret room:

You can see the castle, glowing in the background.

themed pool, so pretty!

I don't know why we only have photos of the view at night! Sheesh!

Thank you!
I wish it all wouldn't be so confusing!:rotfl:
We are staying here for our vow renewal we are having at the GF and I really need the extra space for the day of because of photographers, hair/makeup people, etc.... I need to get that deluxe room!

Desnik - sorry, I edited my post about the same time that you posted! I'm bad about that.

If you can't switch to the deluxe with queens, ask for the turret room. If you tell them why, I'm sure they will do everything they can to accommodate you. As you can see from the photos, there is quite a bit of space that is not taken up by furniture, so I think you would be OK. I think the deluxe queen would be better, but the turret room would work.

Good luck, and congratulations on the vow renewal!:goodvibes

Desnik- hopefully not adding to the confusion but below are pics of a deluxe room with two queens that was laid out differently than k&a&c'smom's photos. This was Room 4422. The deluxe rooms must have a square footage range (650 - 700?) depending on how they are laid out. These are also pre-refurb.

Lots of open space in this room:
CIMG1003.jpg

Sorry this is dark!
CIMG1002.jpg

Queen beds and desk:
CIMG1001.jpg

View from right outside the sliders:
CIMG1007.jpg

This room has a long wrap-around balcony:
CIMG1005.jpg

Love those photos, minniesota, thanks for posting them! Oooh, I'd love to get that balcony, the best of both worlds!:goodvibes

Wow More great pics...thanks K&a&c and minniesota....

I didnt realize there were two different types of deluxe queen rooms...really like that one with the wrap around balcony!! I'll have to remember that room number...so nice...

Desnik After all of these pics good luck choosing!!!

k&a&c'smom - what great pics! You too, minniesota.

Here are some of my GF RPC pics (to add to the confusion :laughing:)

Our favorite was the turret room.

Turret room on 5th floor
(walk-in closet; NO balcony; larger tub than regular room but no jets)

5-5-07078-1.jpg

5-5-07112-1.jpg

2d floor honeymoon room ~ (above Gasparilla Grill; jacuzzi tub; King bed; MK views from balcony)

DSC03678-1.jpg

DSC036311-1.jpg

DSC036321-1.jpg

4th floor King room. Had wet bar but chair only - no loveseat. Nice balcony :cloud9:

DSC03826-1.jpg

DSC03799-1-1.jpg

Thasnks for the pics! I was just asking yesterday, as I decided we would do RPC over Sugarloaf for my mom's 60th birthday! We have been staying at BWV and BCV concierge so we could get a one or two bedroom, but
I think we will do a Queen and a King near each other at GF this round. My mom's favorite hotel and easy to get my young daughter back and forth from most of the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter