getting to Universal from WDW

tiggerlvr

Mouseketeer
I am trying to decide if we should rent a car or not, we always have in the past and it has sat in the parking lot except for our trip to Universal, I am thinking this trip maybe getting a towncar for our trip to and from the airport, and then maybe rent a car for a day from the Car center? What other options would I have to get to Universal? Taxi maybe? I guess depending on the cost of these will determine if it would be cheaper just to rent a car. There are 4 of us. Any ideas are appreciated.

We are hiring a towncar for our one day excursion to U/S. It only cost $55 round trip. You call them the day before you need them to set up a pick up time and they come right to your hotel. You let them know then when you want to come back. It just seems so much nicer then taking a cab.

We have been to USF many times from WDW, and have always booked a towncar service to pick us up and bring us back to the hotel. Personally, I prefure to let the locals do the driving, and me relax and see the sights. Our cost last year was $55 RT through Tiffany.

If you use a towncar for both trips you are getting close to a car rental. Even though you may not use it alot it is nice to have.

Figure approximately $100 (includes tip) for rountrip service WDW to/from MCO.

Add another $65 (included tip) for roundtrip service to USO/IOA and you are very close to a weekly rental.

If you eat off of Disney property only one night then you have more than covered the cost of the rental car even if it does sit in the parking lot for most of your stay.

Also if you have always had a rental car you will really miss it. How many times did you run to the drugstore or drive yourself to dinner at one of the other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter