• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting to Raglan Road - mobility issue/options

Boardwalk III

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Heading down in early March with my sister and two nieces. My sister has 2 bad knees so uses a scooter when she’s at Disney (not at home). However she absolutely hates the production of getting on and off the buses in the scooter which is understandable. Thus we’re staying at Grand Floridian for 3 days and then Boardwalk for 3 days so she can avoid busses (only bus ride she’ll have to take is to AK).

My nieces (who are grown) would like to do a trip to Disney Springs with late night dining at Raglan Road. My sister says she’s going to pass due to the scooter/bus issue, and of course I’ll stay back with her. But it got me wondering if there was any way to get someone to drop us off within a short walk to Raglan Road? Anyone have any bright ideas?

Happy to hire Uber or private driver or whatever to make this happen. I know the Minnie Van sometimes has a Handicap van option, but my guess is she like to avoid that whole process as well (I’ve done it before with another friend & the loading/unloading is a bit of a production).

I also know there are WDW scooters at Disney Springs that she can rent but she’s unlikely to rent a second scooter. Thus I think she and I will just meet the girls over there for the meal so she would just need to walk to the Ragland Road and back if there was a nearby drop off (not down at either end).

Appreciate any thoughts!

To be upfront, I have very limited experience with your question. But as a person who has stayed at OKW often and ridden by boat to DS regularly, this might offer some food for thought. Raglan Road is not very far from the boat dock at Disney Springs over near the Boathouse restaurant. Perhaps a van that could transport her from your resort to main building at OKW, use the scooter to go to the marina behind that building, take the boat (with the scooter) to DS. You'd have no bus, the scooter would be with her, and perhaps a fun evening for all of you. Hope you can work something out. It's tough when avoiding buses, but I understand why!

Looking at this map of Disney Springs, Raglan Road is on The Landing (the island) and is more or less of a straight shot from the exit of the Lime Garage. Google Maps (hope this link works - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lim...f54bff41f7!2m2!1d-81.5177549!2d28.3710834!3e2) says it's 0.1 mile. I just don't know of a way to arrange for her to be dropped off in the Lime Garage, up on the 2nd floor near the exit. As you know, the rideshare drop offs are at either end of DS, and valet parking is on the far side of the bus station.

Edited to add - I just read @thanxfornoticin 's post above mine, and their suggestion is very much worth considering. The boats currently do not dock at The Landing, only at the Marketplace dock (far right on the map), but your sister could ride the scooter from there to Raglan Road very easily. The tricky part will be getting to OKW or SSR or Port Orleans - all of those resorts have boat service to the DS Marketplace dock.

Last edited:
Looking at this map of Disney Springs, Raglan Road is on The Landing (the island and is more or less of a straight shot from the exit of the Lime Garage. Google Maps (hope this link works - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Lim...f54bff41f7!2m2!1d-81.5177549!2d28.3710834!3e2) says it's 0.1 mile. I just don't know of a way to arrange for her to be dropped off in the Lime Garage, up on the 2nd floor near the exit. As you know, the rideshare drop offs are at either end of DS, and valet parking is on the far side of the bus station.
Thanks, lots to think about. She might actually be able to walk from the Marketplace dock. I’ll take a closer look. We were there together in November 2021 and she decided to rent a car, and rented a scooter that could be taken apart. We did that at DS, parked in garage and disassembled/ reassembled the scooter. It was not an easy task and we said never again! 😬

To be upfront, I have very limited experience with your question. But as a person who has stayed at OKW often and ridden by boat to DS regularly, this might offer some food for thought. Raglan Road is not very far from the boat dock at Disney Springs over near the Boathouse restaurant. Perhaps a van that could transport her from your resort to main building at OKW, use the scooter to go to the marina behind that building, take the boat (with the scooter) to DS. You'd have no bus, the scooter would be with her, and perhaps a fun evening for all of you. Hope you can work something out. It's tough when avoiding buses, but I understand why!
Interesting thought, thanks. If she decides to forgo the scooter I’m wondering if we would be able to get to the Boathouse dock at OKW with an Uber or driver. Or would we need to have a reservation to get in the gate? I am a DVC member but not staying at OKW, so doubt that is of any help!

I would expect that OKW is one of the resorts you can still be dropped off by a ride service without issue, but I don't know for certain. And if she goes without the scooter, it's a very simple walk from the drop-off at the main building back to the dock. Then the walk at DS shouldn't be too back from that dock to RR. Just something 'out of the box' to consider! Good luck. A couple years ago we went with both parents on scooters to enjoy the trip - one did the buses without any concern and the other didn't want anything to do with the buses - so I can understand the differences. But it would have been very sad for them to miss out on family/friends time because of it. I hope you work it out!

Mears accessible taxi van. Same price as a Mears taxi. The driver will load and unload the scooter using the ramp. Your sister will get off the scooter and sit in the van while the driver loads her scooter.

Skip the rear basket. It makes it harder to maneuver.

The walk from the Marketplace dock is long. You're required to walk out of the way to get to security.

Edited to add the walk is about half a mile

Last edited:
Mears accessible taxi van. Same price as a Mears taxi. The driver will load and unload the scooter using the ramp. Your sister will get off the scooter and sit in the van while the driver loads her scooter.

Skip the rear basket. It makes it harder to maneuver.

The walk from the Marketplace dock is long. You're required to walk out of the way to get to security
Never thought about the security line - that does change the distance quite a bit......

You may already know - but you can ask the bus driver to assist in loading a scooter. In the 10 times I've used a scooter (10+ years) never have I encountered a bus driver not willing to load and unload my scooter - with me sitting in it. (Some bus drivers may offer, but as some have told me - they have encountered guests who are "offended" when help is offered.

You may already know - but you can ask the bus driver to assist in loading a scooter. In the 10 times I've used a scooter (10+ years) never have I encountered a bus driver not willing to load and unload my scooter - with me sitting in it. (Some bus drivers may offer, but as some have told me - they have encountered guests who are "offended" when help is offered.
Yes, good reminder. I’m sure she feels she shouldn’t bother them, but a good solution.

OP said they hate buses and is willing to pay.
Many guests have scooters. GF and Boardwalk share buses. Bus service to DS isn't great, maybe every 30 minutes. Buses can accomodate 2 scooters. There could be 2 people with scooters ahead of you. Is your hotel the last stop...there. could already be 2 scooters on the bus. Are you the first stop...there could be returning guests getting off at the last resort.

Last stop with room for your scooter. You may have to wait while the driver tells guests to move.

Use a Mears accessible van. Real easy.

OP said they hate buses and is willing to pay.
Many guests have scooters. GF and Boardwalk share buses. Bus service to DS isn't great, maybe every 30 minutes. Buses can accomodate 2 scooters. There could be 2 people with scooters ahead of you. Is your hotel the last stop...there. could already be 2 scooters on the bus. Are you the first stop...there could be returning guests getting off at the last resort.

Last stop with room for your scooter. You may have to wait while the driver tells guests to move.

Use a Mears accessible van. Real easy.
Yes, thanks for these reminders! I was with another friend several years ago on her scooter, towards the end of the night at Disney Springs and we were the only ones at the bus stop to go back to the Boardwalk. The bus didn’t come for an hour and a half, close to midnight I think. No idea why. And wasn’t familiar with Mears accessible van, nor did I know how to contact anyone within Disney for assistance.

How far in advance do you need to schedule a Mears accessible van, and do you happen to have a contact number? Many thanks!

Yes, thanks for these reminders! I was with another friend several years ago on her scooter, towards the end of the night at Disney Springs and we were the only ones at the bus stop to go back to the Boardwalk. The bus didn’t come for an hour and a half, close to midnight I think. No idea why. And wasn’t familiar with Mears accessible van, nor did I know how to contact anyone within Disney for assistance.

How far in advance do you need to schedule a Mears accessible van, and do you happen to have a contact number? Many thanks!
You can download the Mears app. You can call them at 4074222222
I don't remember if they call it a wheelchair taxi or accessible.

It's on demand. Request it no earlier then you're ready to leave your room. Even better wait until you're in the lobby.

Drivers are independent contractors. When you make the request a nearby driver accepts the fare. Book it the day before...if they take your request...only means Mears will ask for drivers 5 or 10 minutes before your requested time. Some guests get a business card from their driver and book direct.

A few weeks ago we were looking at Christmas decorations at GF. We were treated to torrential rain. Taking the monorail to MK then walking to bus for CSR didn't sound like fun. Asked the valet at GF for help. He said drivers hang out at GF. The valet located a wheelchair taxi.

You can download the Mears app. You can call them at 4074222222
I don't remember if they call it a wheelchair taxi or accessible.

It's on demand. Request it no earlier then you're ready to leave your room. Even better wait until you're in the lobby.

Drivers are independent contractors. When you make the request a nearby driver accepts the fare. Book it the day before...if they take your request...only means Mears will ask for drivers 5 or 10 minutes before your requested time. Some guests get a business card from their driver and book direct.

A few weeks ago we were looking at Christmas decorations at GF. We were treated to torrential rain. Taking the monorail to MK then walking to bus for CSR didn't sound like fun. Asked the valet at GF for help. He said drivers hang out at GF. The valet located a wheelchair taxi.
Terrific, many thanks!

Get an Uber and let THEM disassemble/reassemble the scooter. Never had one say no anywhere around the world. Just tip well for the extra service!

One time each during trips March 2022 and November 2022 i did have uber drivers not accept giving me a ride with a scooter that can be disassembled, so it does happen. Also had a several rides where the drivers would not lift the scooter parts into the vehicle. And I always chose uber xl so there will be less chance of a problem. I prefer use Mears handicap taxis but they aren’t always available.

Uber and Lyft both have options to request wheelchair friendly vehicles.

Depending on the size of the scooter, if you can break it down so it fits in a regular trunk or an Uber XL then those are both options.

If you head to Disney Springs early enough there often isn't a long line for busses, if your sister is anxious about holding other people up.

Some advice is that you may end up having to wait or stand around while at Disney Springs, so I would recommend either bringing her scooter with her or renting a wheelchair there instead of just trying to get dropped off close to the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter