• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting To and From Help!

DannyDisneyFreak

Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.
We are arriving at MCO on November 6th, that night we are staying the Fairfield Inn By Marriott Orlando Airport for one night. The is complimentary shuttle transportation to the hotel. The next day on the 7th we check in for our WDW resort stay (split stay between AKLV and Poly) till the 15th and our return home flight is out of the Sanford airport. Prices to rent a car for the entire stay from airport to airport are around $500. We don’t necessarily need a car the entire time but trying to figure out options. How much are Uber/Lyft prices running to the airport(s) to/from WDW? Please give me any suggestions to keep my transportation costs down. Thanks!

Who is “we”? How many people? Children? Car seats needed?

You can also get Uber and Lyft estimates right in their respective apps, without needing to actually book anything.

DME is free from MCO TO your Disney hotel (assuming that hotel shuttle can also take you back to MCO). Then you only have to worry about the departure to Sandford. Do you need a car during your stay and how large is your party as mentioned above? Renting a car vs online taxis will depend on party size and how many other trips you plan to take while @ Disney.

Book DME as a one way from the airport to ALK then take the hotel shuttle back to the airport to catch DME to the ALK.

On your switch day drop your bags at bell services (or have them picked up) and have them transported to the Poly, Head to the parks as you normally would and then over to the Poly, your bags won't arrive until after check in time when you can pick them up or have them brought to your room.

Look into rideshare pricing online, taxi or a pre booked town car ride for the trip to Sanford, we have used Fl Tours and Tiffany in the past with good service from both.

You can price Uber/Lyft/Taxi options by using the ride.guru website or the Uber/Lyft apps as well.

At Disney time is money, I'm not sure I'd spend the time to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport then go get in line for DME, take the bus to the hotel. If you don't need car seats, you'll save a lot of time taking Uber/Lyft. Generally prices are close to $36 from MCO one way.

You can price Uber/Lyft/Taxi options by using the ride.guru website or the Uber/Lyft apps as well.

At Disney time is money, I'm not sure I'd spend the time to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport then go get in line for DME, take the bus to the hotel. If you don't need car seats, you'll save a lot of time taking Uber/Lyft. Generally prices are close to $36 from MCO one way.

Yes ..
Totally agree the trip to the resort via the airport is a time sucker but the OP asked to keep transportation costs down!

@tjmw2727 correct, but the OP didn't say free, just keeping costs down. I'm just sharing another option.

Who is “we”? How many people? Children? Car seats needed?

You can also get Uber and Lyft estimates right in their respective apps, without needing to actually book anything.

2 adults, 2 kids age 12 and 17

2 adults, 2 kids age 12 and 17
Book DME as a one way from the airport to ALK then take the hotel shuttle back to the airport to catch DME to the ALK.

On your switch day drop your bags at bell services (or have them picked up) and have them transported to the Poly, Head to the parks as you normally would and then over to the Poly, your bags won't arrive until after check in time when you can pick them up or have them brought to your room.

Look into rideshare pricing online, taxi or a pre booked town car ride for the trip to Sanford, we have used Fl Tours and Tiffany in the past with good service from both.
I agree with above, to keep costs down use DME for transport MCO to AKL, Disney transport AKL to Poly, and rideshare or a limo service Poly to Sanford airport. You can call DME at 866-599-0951 and tell them what date you need to go from MCO to AKL (and that you only need one-way). No need to pick a fake flight, etc.

In addition to the Uber and Lyft apps, you can use the RideGuru app to check fares. It will show you the various Uber and Lyft permutations as well as taxi fare at the time you check.

I called Disney today and they confirmed that we could go back to the airport on the next day and use Magical Express. There’s no way to “reserve” it because a ME reservation need to be connected to a flight arriving that same day, but he said people all the time who forget to register for ME just show up and as long as you have a resort reservation you can get on.

I called Disney today and they confirmed that we could go back to the airport on the next day and use Magical Express. There’s no way to “reserve” it because a ME reservation need to be connected to a flight arriving that same day, but he said people all the time who forget to register for ME just show up and as long as you have a resort reservation you can get on.
FYI even when flying in, no one “reserves” DME. The DME folks (Mears) just use the flight information to estimate how many people will be needing transportation at different times of day. Hope y’all have a great trip!

If you call DME directly they can make the reservation for you without a flight number, I have done this many times.. This will speed up the process at the airport when you check in.

Alternately you can use the online form and just use any early morning flight from anywhere on your check in day to reserve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter