Getting from AK to HDDR to POP?

aubriee

<font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes
I posted this on the Transportation Board, but thought I'd post it here too. In Sept I'll be leaving AK with my mom (who will be in a scooter) and will need to get to HDDR in time for the second show. After the HDDR we'll need to get back to POP. If it wasn't for the scooter I'd say taking a taxi would be easiest, but neither my mom or myself are used to scooters and don't think we'd feel comfortable taking it apart to go in the trunk of a taxi, so what would be the fastest and easiest way to get from AK to HDDR then to POP after the show?

One more question: My 73 y/o mom doesn't normally use a scooter (except occasionally when she's buying groceries). This past Dec I rented a scooter for her first trip to WDW. She did very well with it, except when she had to get in and out of elevators and on the bus. Reverse was just extremely hard for her. Any suggestions? Thanks!

To get there I'd take the bus to FW then transfer to the internal bus. On the way back you'll have to take the internal bus to the front of the resort, then transfer to DTD, then transfer to Pop.

Anne

aubriee said:
She did very well with it, except when she had to get in and out of elevators and on the bus. Reverse was just extremely hard for her. Any suggestions? Thanks!
First of all, I'd have her practice at the resort. Have her try backing into a specific area or just driving backwards in a straight line until she gets more comfortable. In a lot of cases, it's just that people don't have a lot of practice backing up, so they panic when they have to do it.

Another suggestion would be to have someone else drive it onto the bus or elevator for her. If they don't feel comfortable driving it, they could put it into freewheeling mode and push it in.
For elevators, if there is room to turn around, have her go in facing forwards and then turn in the elevator so she can also go out facing forwards (there is room on some elevators and not in others). An alternative would be to back in and then pull straight out. What makes some people "freak" is having to back out of an elevator in a spot they have never seen before (especially if there are people waiting to get in).

Take bus to Ft W. If needed take an internal bus to Settlement Bus stop. To get back there should be a bus to Pop Century after the show. If not then take a bus to DTD and then one to POP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter