Getting Free Dining with Visa Card Offer

Dismomof2boys

Disney World Veteran
Here's my question about "IF" Free Dining is offered and using Disney Visa Card. We have 13 people going to WDW in October 2014. There are a total of 4 separate reservations. I am the only one who has a Disney Visa Credit Card. If Free Dining becomes available, I would assume it would be for Card holders before the general public. If that's the case, can I use my Disney Visa Card to upgrade all 4 reservations, even if the other 3 are not on my Credit Card? I made their reservations for them, but they used their own Non-Disney Credit Cards to pay. I am the coordinator for the trip and it would be terrible if we got Free Dining but the rest of our group did not.

I don't know the actual limit, but I upgraded mine and 2 others in our group. I believe that I had to make a payment with my visa, because we had all booked with Disney gift cards. But can't remember if I had to do it for all of them. I think I did $25 on all 3, and they just paid me back. Things are always changing, but that is what I did. Hopefully someone will come in here and tell you if you can do 4, but I know you can do at least 3 because I did.

Here's my question about "IF" Free Dining is offered and using Disney Visa Card. We have 13 people going to WDW in October 2014. There are a total of 4 separate reservations. I am the only one who has a Disney Visa Credit Card. If Free Dining becomes available, I would assume it would be for Card holders before the general public. If that's the case, can I use my Disney Visa Card to upgrade all 4 reservations, even if the other 3 are not on my Credit Card? I made their reservations for them, but they used their own Non-Disney Credit Cards to pay. I am the coordinator for the trip and it would be terrible if we got Free Dining but the rest of our group did not.
Back in October of 2012 I was able to have the Disney Visa discount applied to our daughter's room reservation. Our reservations were connected with a group ID, but I also knew her reservation number.

You can apply it to 3 reservations... so one would get left out and have to call for the general public offer.

The stipulation is that you put a new deposit down for each reservation using the DV... but that's not always consistent. I'd plan on it though JIC they are adamant about it.

Thanks everyone. Great information. I think if Free Dining is offered during our stay, I will take the advise and put a small deposit on 3 of the 4 reservations and pray that that 4th gets the plan for free as well. You were all very helpful.

My husband had a pin for our upcoming April trip and he was told he could book 3 rooms with it. After a little bit of arguing, we have a total of 6 reservations 23 people, they gave us a 4th room using his pin code.

Thanks, Lyndsey. I just had another member of our group apply for the Visa card so if we get the free dining, she can put it on her own account and I can take care of the other 3 reservations. Plus, she will be racking up some rewards to use and she received the $200 Disney Gift Card promo just for opening (if she spends $500 in the first 3 months). I am glad it all worked out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter