• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

getting fit for your trip - a place to share & ramble

I watched QI while eating a bowl of caramello ice cream topped with Hershey's syrup and milo :) but :(

After losing 1kg with the flu last week I've now it it back on over the past few days :(

Marlea98 said:
I watched QI while eating a bowl of caramello ice cream topped with Hershey's syrup and milo :) but :(

After losing 1kg with the flu last week I've now it it back on over the past few days :(

I love QI! And caramello ice cream!

so i had a bad week last week. i got sick, i was tired, i spent the whole week with the flu, and we had no food in the house (ie, no real food, lots of canned/frozen food) and since i had a fever & was exhausted, i couldn't be bothered doing a grocery shop.

we got takeaway a lot. and everything tasted like cardboard. but that didn't stop me from eating it.

so. since i can't trust myself with food and portion sizes right now, i am going back to the one thing that has worked for me always.

lite n easy. so simple. easy. convenient. when i do lite n easy, i'm not hungry. i don't think about food. i don't obsess. i don't crave. and the weight usually shifts pretty nicely. so our delivery is on tuesday, meaning we start tuesday night :) so happy about this.

went the lite n easy website to order, no problems. they have their success story page, which includes some guy who lost 60kg in a year. that's less than i want to lose, but it shows it is doable. he had a link to an inspirational youtube, which then sent me on a downward spiral of youtube videos of massive weight loss before/after shots etc. and i discovered a tlc/lifetime show called 'my 600 lb life' -- it chronicles 4 people over the space of 4 or 5 years, who were all over 600 lbs (~275 kg), some by a little (601), some by a lot (675). all underwent bariatric surgery to reduce the size of their stomachs, and all underwent skin reduction surgery along the way.

omg. it was horrendous. and heartbreaking. and inspiring. and motivational. and confronting. and just omg. it challenged me. it inspired me. it moved me. it made me appreciate what i have in my life and reinforced my goals to lose weight and just omg. some of the stories they tell and the things they did. every one of them struggled. it was truly grotesque at times. but the scary part of it was i could see myself in some of their comments. about their attitutes. and their perceptions. and their doubts and their fears and their denial. i see all of that in myself, and it scares me. it scares me really badly. i am nowhere near 600lb. and i am now determined to make sure that i am dealing with this disorder to ensure that i never, ever, ever get within spitting distance of being overweight again.

Alicia I hope you're feeling better, I'm still getting over my flu and now DS has it :(

It's so hard to keep your motivation when you're sick :(. I hope you're on the improve now.

Sorry you are unwell Alicia. Hope you are on the mend soon.

A friend of mine is doing light and easy and she loves it! She said the meals are really yummy so it sounds like it will be great!

Thanks for the encouragement :)

Aussietravellers -- i have had success with liteneasy before and loved it :) It is really convenient and simple. Glad to hear that your friend is enjoying it!! How is your 12wbt going?

Stick with it Alicia. My DH did the Wesley weight loss program so based on shakes and then reintroduced food. It also involved a lot of psycho-analysis-why over-eat etc. But it worked-mostly thanks to the shakes as he didn't keep up with all the exercises. He's kept his weight down now for 8 years.

Sorry you are sick again-your immune system sucks which of course you know...you were battling GF not that long ago weren't you. Are you managing OK with the new job? and have you ever been tested for ME (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis)-a lot of your recurring symptoms reminds me of those of a friend in the UK who has suffered from ME for the past seven years -hers is so bad she's pretty much house-bound with occasional short trips in a motorised scooter but there's degrees of severity. Not a lot known about it but they are starting to recognise it is a debilitating disease which can have major effects on a variety of different body systems and organs.

Alicia, I can sympathise. I started to get sick middle of last week and all this new found energy completely disappeared. I ended up getting sent home by my boss on Thursday and told to go home to bed for a few days. Which I did happily as it meant plenty of time to browse the disboards. But it also meant plenty of time to lie idle and eat not very good food.
All my motivation of a few weeks back has gone out the window and I'm desperately trying to find it again. My family and I plan on going for a bush walk today. Hopefully that will help.

Aussie Wendy said:
Brace yourselves SE Qld girls - todays gonna be HOT

Yuck :( we are in the north and it's already horrible. I'll have to go and put the sprinkler on in the chicken yard later when it's the hottest part, even in the shade it's still hot for them :(

Hmm - sitting here with the a/c on already!! Just so I can get ready for work in comfort!! Stay cool and hydrated everyone! I think it's the only way. That or head to the shopping centre - just not Chermside...!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ugh. Summer is my least fave time of year anyhow but 39°c is just wrong. It was 28 at home when i was getting ready for work with my little ceiling fan. We slept poorly last night as it was too hot and we dont have a/c. It is stinking hot outside and inside at work it is not much better.

Stay hydrated everyone. Its stinking and miserable out there :(

I think Chermside is up and running again.

It's really windy here but still so darn hot. The poor chickens are all just hot and walking around with their little wings out. I watered them lightly earlier and they're still hot :sad2: My dogs are stretched out on the cool tiles in the airconditioning :cool2: I've got washing to hang out but it's way too hot to go outside but they would be dried in no time if I did. It's not very pleasant outside at all. I'm wondering if I should pick up my kids from the bus stop instead of letting them ride their bikes home after school.

ok so we are 4 days into summer and it's almost 40degrees. this bites.

usually xmas day is one of the hottest of the year. not sure what that has in store for us this year though.

i find myself praying for thunderstorms to help cool us all down :)

ok so we are 4 days into summer and it's almost 40degrees. this bites.

usually xmas day is one of the hottest of the year. not sure what that has in store for us this year though.

i find myself praying for thunderstorms to help cool us all down :)

We had a good storm last night that cooled it right down but I've just looked at the BOM radar and there isn't even anything brewing for the GC/Bris. I was sure there would be with it being SO hot today!

Next door has chickens-don't know how they fared today-their chook run is pretty sheltered but my DD who was home says we've had strong hot dry winds. I haven't looked up the bom to see how long this is meant to last.

Next door has chickens-don't know how they fared today-their chook run is pretty sheltered but my DD who was home says we've had strong hot dry winds. I haven't looked up the bom to see how long this is meant to last.

It's going to be warm but not as hot as today over the next few days. And I think we have showers coming later in the week.

run a cold bath, fill a glass with cool white wine...and just soak...:thumbsup2

me, i'm off to sit under my clothes line and drink my way to happiness without being hit in the head too many times by beach towels:confused3

so today was day 3 on my lite n easy program (i hate that they spell it incorrectly, drives me bonkers) and so far, it has been both easy and ... well... light.

i don't feel bloated and gross after a meal. i don't feel heavy and blah. i actually feel slightly more energetic. i know 3 days is a drop in the ocean and the changes i am experiencing are most likely mental, rather than physical, but i am enjoying it so far.

well, at least as much as my throat/chest/ear/nose/omg everything infection will allow.. everything i eat or drink tastes like cardboard. the BSAs the doc gave me i swear are making me more ill, not less. :scared1:

we'll see what kind of progress i have made next week when i take my measurements .. until then, stay cool ladies :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter