• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting autographed soveniers on the ship

Disney items are not clutter ... They are valued collectibles

I am trying to collect valued experiences that will not later turn into clutter.
I have lived long enough to know that "collectibles" seldom have value other than personal pleasure. And dusting collectibles in not my pleasure.
My opinion only, of course! :goodvibes

A couple of years ago a couple of friends (two adults) of mine went to WDW and on a Disney cruise.

They had the hem of two pillow cases embroidered with my neices names. Had them signed on the cruise and gave them to the girls for Christmas. The Girls LOVED them.

Just an idea!

here is a signed vinylmation
DisneyCruise019.jpg

That is absolutely AWESOME!!! :thumbsup2

When did you get that done? I head that they were not allowing them to do that anymore. But it is awesome, so good job!

This picture is not mine. I copied it off a thread on the Cruise Line board discussing what you can get signed on a cruise. I want to get one done in December.

I did this last cruise for my nieces and it worked out really well. :cloud9:

Just drop off your item and sharpies in a ziploc bag (with your cabin # and name on the baggie) at the Guest Services counter. The CM told me who signs depends who is "on board" for the cruise. The Fab 5 and some Princesses are always on board. You can specify who you want to sign. Mr. Smee was also on the ship for that cruise.

Have fun with it! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

I think this is an awesome thing DCL does that really makes them "Disney". I understand it is based on CM's doing it in their spare time, and I can imagine they get pretty busy especially on a 4 day cruise. I was wondering if we need to leave a tip inside the baggie??

I think this is an awesome thing DCL does that really makes them "Disney". I understand it is based on CM's doing it in their spare time, and I can imagine they get pretty busy especially on a 4 day cruise. I was wondering if we need to leave a tip inside the baggie??

I've heard they can't accept a cash tip but many, including myself, have added a bag of candy, like Hershey Mini's as a thank you..

Our very own Lori and Rick (TheBeadPirate) have selflessly gone and taken a trip on the Wonder to check it out and make sure everything is up to snuff. While on board, they asked about having Vinylmations autographed.

The cast members at guest services told them "No Problem".

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter