Getting a picture autographed

HesATramp

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

I've got a possibly "odd" question, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I'll be heading down to WDW in 13 days. I would like to purchase one of those hand drawn sketches of the characters that they sell at the Art of Disney stores. I'm purchasing it for a little girl that I know, and I would like to have the character autograph this picture. Is this a possibility or no? I'm going to purchase the sketch no matter what, but I thought I would make it that much more special for her by getting the autograph! If this is NOT a possibility, I don't want to carry it around the park all day; I'll just have it sent to the resort!

Thanks so much for any help you can lend!!

Until next time,
John

The character should be able to autograph it.

I would just check with their character handler beforehand before you present the item, but I don't see it being an issue.

They sign photo mats and books. I can't imagine why they wouldn't sign a photo. Seems like the one we bought came with a mat. Maybe take it out and just have it signed, if it would make it less of an issue

Hi all!

I've got a possibly "odd" question, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. I'll be heading down to WDW in 13 days. I would like to purchase one of those hand drawn sketches of the characters that they sell at the Art of Disney stores. I'm purchasing it for a little girl that I know, and I would like to have the character autograph this picture. Is this a possibility or no? I'm going to purchase the sketch no matter what, but I thought I would make it that much more special for her by getting the autograph! If this is NOT a possibility, I don't want to carry it around the park all day; I'll just have it sent to the resort!

Thanks so much for any help you can lend!!

Until next time,
John
Yes, John they will!

We just did a very similar plan for a friend back home. We kept the sketch in a zip lock bag, and made sure we had sharpies with us. (According to one CM handler, they are worth their weight in gold!)

We asked very nicely, and our request was granted!

We even saw children having their coloring book pages of characters autographed... (which I thought was a great idea!)

Thanks so much for you replies!! :-)

This makes me so excited to carry out my plan now! I KNOW my young friend will LOVE the autographed sketch!

Until next time,
John

Which character is it? A few of them can't sign autographs. We had a custom character sketch done at the Animation Gallery a couple of years ago. It was a rarely seen character, but the artist added the personalized autograph to the sketch for us.

So, I've heard that about the Sharpie pens! But I wonder if they're AS important for the face characters than the fur characters?

So, I've heard that about the Sharpie pens! But I wonder if they're AS important for the face characters than the fur characters?
I would say yes, since they have no where to store a pen. Also I think it'should easier to sign with a sharpie, as well as you are able to see it better after it is signed

The thing about sharpies compared to pens is that they are much smoother and require much less pressure to write with. Since the characters don't have a table or sturdy surface to write on, the less obstacles there are the better the signature will be. And compared to other markers, Sharpies will absorb almost instantly into most materials, so there is not worry about the autograph transferring or smudging (the marker that came with the SWW book is fine on paper but smudges on other materials to the point of rubbing off completely).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter