Getting a little worried about sleeping on a double bed

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There are so many other fun things to think about! If it doesn't work out with both of you sharing the double then you can each have your own bed. Hopefully you will get the king!

I think you will be just fine. I choose a double for my home due to size of my bedroom. I can sleep two adults in my bed just fine, sometimes with a kid in tow, and always with a cat in tow.

No way can DH and I sleep comfortably in a double bed. On a recent trip to San Francisco we stayed one night at the San Remo Hotel just for the experience. We knew the room had a double bed but we thought we would be ok. We were wrong. We would definitely stay at this hotel again, but we'd request a room with two twins. The night was VERY long.

I think you will be just fine. I choose a double for my home due to size of my bedroom. I can sleep two adults in my bed just fine, sometimes with a kid in tow, and always with a cat in tow.

I think you and I are the only ones who have ever had a double bed in our home.

When DH and I first got married, we lived in a tiny apartment (BARELY a one bedroom). We had his old bedroom suite..with a double bed! It really wasn't a problem (granted, we are short and we were skinny then).

[I guess I should add that I live in the USA and I'm only in my 30s]

My granddaughter has a double bed in her room in our home. My son has a queen in his room. DH and I have a king, even though we have the smallest bedroom by far. Keeps us from collecting stuff-the bed takes up the whole room.

My granddaughter has a double bed in her room in our home. My son has a queen in his room. DH and I have a king, even though we have the smallest bedroom by far. Keeps us from collecting stuff-the bed takes up the whole room.

I should have clarified. I think that poster and I are the only ones who have had a double bed in our home that we shared with another person.

The little Mermaid rooms have no king beds, only fulls.

All of the value resorts have a King bed option.

If we had to we could deal but in all honesty, I would kiss my DH goodnight and tell him to have a lovely nights sleep in that bed and me in the other. But...I'd have to make sure I have something to tap him with when he snores because my leg won't be able to kick him!

DH and I have slept in a double when we were both a lot thinner and we hated it. He had a queen at his parents and now we have a king. And we both sleep on the edge but can turn if need be. In a double, turning wouldn't be as comfy.

On the AT in the family suite, DH and I slept on the bottom bunk, not sure if that is a double but we had no room. We were back to back and my face was against the wall. I ended up flipping and my head was on the smaller side bunk where my son was asleep.

I would for sure do the own bed thing and if you needed to um...well this is a G rated board but you know...take a trip to one another's bed then do it and go back happily to your own bed.

If it just the 2 of you don't worry. If one of you can't sleep or be comfortable move to the other bed. DH and I have done it when POFQ had double beds & in other hotels.

Whenever DH and I stay in a room with two doubles, we each have our own bed lol. We've been married 35 years and prefer to share, but it's just a bit snug in a double. When we were first married, we had a queen bed, but moved to a king after about 15 years. We usually request a king room anywhere we stay. At Shades of Green, they don't have double beds, just queen or king so we're good. DH's parents were married 61 years before his dad passed 2 months ago and they never had larger than a double. I love my DH, but I like my space when I sleep.

DH and I have joked about it. When you first get together, a twin bed is fine, but the longer you're together, the more space you want :-)

A full mattress measures 54 x 75 inches, a queen is 60 x 80. That means each of the 2 people sleeping on a full gets 3 inches less. DH and I shared a full for the first 35 years of our marriage. It was not a big deal. That said, we did sleep on separate beds when we stayed in value resorts at Disney. I did finally insist on a queen when we were getting close to retirement (wanted to be sure we could spend the money.)

We just got back Wednesday night from seven nights in two connecting rooms at Pop Century. We are a family of seven. I was also concerned about the full size beds before our trip but we all managed to sleep just fine every night and no one complained, not even my 6"3, 240 pound DH. We were so tired at the end of the night you could have told us that the beds were clouds. :laughing:

just an excuse to spoon and snuggle. no problem found.

This is what my DH said :laughing: , but I promise you no more pirates or princesses were made on this trip :teeth:.

Double beds are kind of a deal breaker for me. They are not very comfortable for two adults. For one night I would make an exception for a cheap place to crash, but not for a whole vacation.

A double bed is barely equivalent to the width of two crib mattresses. And a bit longer (like 72"). A king is like two twin sized beds.

We would each take a bed. There is no way we'd share on a double. We can barely share on a queen bed.

On our last trip, we stayed DVC Studio at the Poly with it's queen bed and half way through the first night I moved to the little pull down bed. It wasn't too bad and since I'm not tall, I managed.
My husband is such a bed hog, I was nearly on the floor trying to share the bed with him. LOL

When DH and I first got married, we lived in a tiny apartment (BARELY a one bedroom). We had his old bedroom suite..with a double bed! It really wasn't a problem (granted, we are short and we were skinny then).

[I guess I should add that I live in the USA and I'm only in my 30s]

I'm in my 30s, in the US and DH and I had a double bed the first few years we were married. I certainly prefer more space, but it is totally doable. Given the choice, I would take my own bed ;-)

The little Mermaid rooms have no king beds, only fulls.

All of the value resorts have a King bed option.

Actually the Little Mermaid does have King beds for certain. I was there at Little Mermaid a couple years ago with my DD26 and we got in a bit late to get our room and all they had to give us was a room with one King bed. We were expecting the two doubles, but I can definitely confirm they do have King beds at Little Mermaid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter