"Get me to the park on time"...

grannyminnie

DIS Veteran
Morning, Cali locals...(and others who might offer a suggestion!)
I need to know of possible ways to be driven to DL from my motel in El Segundo. Here's the scenerio (this might be repetitive to some. I have written and asked on another thread; but in case you missed it....)
I know from phoning the motel we're staying at that VIP Tours does a DL tour pickup at my motel daily, BUT, and this is a big "BUT", they don't pick up until 8:55 am. This on a Monday morning will undoubtedly get me to the park no earlier than 10, if that. For a one day park visit, I find this unacceptable. I know there's a DL Express bus service from LAX, which we're staying close to. Does anyone else have other suggestions, such as Shuttle services. Someone on another thread wrote about Super Shuttle or some such.

The thing with traffic near LA- if you leave anytime after 7- you will hit traffic. I would try one of the other shuttles, but it will still take some time with the traffic :(

The thing with traffic near LA- if you leave anytime after 7- you will hit traffic. I would try one of the other shuttles, but it will still take some time with the traffic :(
Thanks for your response. I am going to check to see if I can leave before 7, no matter who I go with!

Since you're very close to LAX I'd say taking a shuttle from there is your best bet. There's an option involving public transit (MTA Green Line => MTA #460 "express" bus to DL), but consider that only if the LAX shuttle option doesn't pan out.

Since you're very close to LAX I'd say taking a shuttle from there is your best bet. There's an option involving public transit (MTA Green Line => MTA #460 "express" bus to DL), but consider that only if the LAX shuttle option doesn't pan out.

Thanks for your input. I read on the shuttle site that they give preference to the DLH, stopping there first. I can just go thru the hotel from there and walk into the park, I imagine. My concern/stress/fear would be the getting back to the motel from the same site if the shuttle doesn't take reservations. (or maybe the site just says you don't NEED reservations)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter