• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie Updated for International Guests…Tip Board Working

My recent experience for anyone still having issues... I'm using Android (Samsung S20) from Canada. I have never been able to get tip board to work at home. Went to WDW in December with a US data package and still did not work. It only loaded if I was on WiFi. It was a hassle since the coverage was spotty, but I was able to get by. I decided not to chew up vacation time troubleshooting.

Fast forward to today, still not loading the tip board from home. Tried support chat and they basically said try us again when your trip is closer. Found this thread and downloaded a VPN app and that did the trick. Now I can play around with it until our next trip in August and I'm hoping it will also solve the issue of it only loading on WiFi while I'm there. Or better yet, Disney will have it fixed.

I'm in Ontario, Canada with a Galaxy S20 and its not working for me. On my ipad it is working. Looks to be an android vs apple issue right now which is common. Apple devices update sooner.

My recent experience for anyone still having issues... I'm using Android (Samsung S20) from Canada. I have never been able to get tip board to work at home. Went to WDW in December with a US data package and still did not work. It only loaded if I was on WiFi. It was a hassle since the coverage was spotty, but I was able to get by. I decided not to chew up vacation time troubleshooting.

Fast forward to today, still not loading the tip board from home. Tried support chat and they basically said try us again when your trip is closer. Found this thread and downloaded a VPN app and that did the trick. Now I can play around with it until our next trip in August and I'm hoping it will also solve the issue of it only loading on WiFi while I'm there. Or better yet, Disney will have it fixed.
So did it work when you were there with US data AND a VPN?

I would love to know as I am from Ontario and here the tip board only works with a VPN and I usually rely solely on data when I'm at disney. (Heading down for March).

Hi

Its never worked for me ive a samsung s9 ive tried all usual with location on version 10 of my phone update and via wifi. Ive tried iphone 8 as above and another samsung bit newer than s9 not brand new. Ive also tried apple ipad as above no sim on wifi nothing works. Ive told disney in october/november lots count times ive done cast member chats, phoning internet helpdesk and logging issue thru app itself.

Not once have they given a timescale or come back with an update im on multiple incident numbers. All i get delay and try later date or use disney wifi on arrival it should work. It comes across they are not interested or doing anything its awful support. Being told try it on arrival is not a fix or acceptable you dont get chance to get used to it. It works for some in other countries. I was only told today check with my phone provider and as expected the response was the app is nothing to do with them.

Does anyone have experience with trying to book genie+ LL selections at 7am while using disney resort wifi? I'm from Germany so I'm going to have to rely on the wifi but I'm worried it'll be so slow that I'll miss the opportunity of getting SDD

So previously on my s9 tip board would not populate in uk using android or iphone or ipad with location services on and connected to wifi or mobile data but on s9 android with vpn it works.

Yesterday i could get into main tip board screen for first time ever using any of above scenarios not using vpn. However going into a time slot for normal g+ ride it says something went wrong and thats in all above scenarios but i can get to members of your party next screen on vpn. So getting there slowly but not quick enough.

Ive logged multiple times with disney since october via help in app via feedback chhose g+ then tip board. My advice is everyone keep doing this and complain and it might get fixed. Ive had many app issues but find it only gets somewhere if u keep on and escalate it or it might be coincidence i even got a 200 dollar gift card out of it as i was so annoyed with their non support. Vpn for me not realistic peer to peer uses battery and data but to test only. I submitted another one on the above today

I just tried clicking on a ride time and am also getting the “something went wrong” - could that be because I don’t have tickets for today? Or should it still let me through?

I’m in the UK and it’s nice to have the tip board finally working at least.

I just tried clicking on a ride time and am also getting the “something went wrong” - could that be because I don’t have tickets for today? Or should it still let me through?

I’m in the UK and it’s nice to have the tip board finally working at least.

It's still a bit broken then - if I turn my VPN on, I see "select eligible members to continue"

Is there anyone out there in the uk who can access tip board ok in advance of your visit who can then click on a g+ ride time slot not indivdual purchase and get to the next screen showing party members.

And i mean not using vpn but normall wifi or mobile

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter