Genie Questions and Answers (with no commentary)

Is there a guarantee about the number of rides you will be able to make with Genie + ?

I can imagine how frustrating it would be waking up at 7 to only be able to make the first reservation for the afternoon. And then on top of that only being able to make 2-3 more for the rest of the day. Wouldn’t Disney have to deal with a boat load of angry people at the end of the day if they don’t feel they got their money’s worth?

I imagine there's no guarantee about the number of rides, sort of like when you buy a park hopper (even pre-covid) there was always a disclaimer about park hopping being subject to capacity limits.

Disney has data on everything, they must know the average number of FPs used by a typical guest. My guess is that most guests only use 3 to 4. Apologies for veering into commentary, I think most people will be content to skip 3 to 4 lines for free.

If you are not an early riser will Genie+ be worth it? Like Fastpass+ I assume there are limited number of G+ slots available. If you pay for G+ and wake up late its possible most slots for popular rides are taken up right?

If you are not an early riser will Genie+ be worth it? Like Fastpass+ I assume there are limited number of G+ slots available. If you pay for G+ and wake up late its possible most slots for popular rides are taken up right?
Theoretically yes as this seemed to be more like a digital version of the old paper fastpass where you choose the next time slot open vs pre-picking return times (at least this is my interpretation) I assume MDE (or genie basic depending on if it’s a feature or a total rebrand) would have standby wait + next available LL time slot so people can better budget time

Is there a guarantee about the number of rides you will be able to make with Genie + ?

I can imagine how frustrating it would be waking up at 7 to only be able to make the first reservation for the afternoon. And then on top of that only being able to make 2-3 more for the rest of the day. Wouldn’t Disney have to deal with a boat load of angry people at the end of the day if they don’t feel they got their money’s worth?
No guarantee's as it depends on demand and how many others get G+ too.

My expected scenario to promote G+ would be something along the lines of standing in line at Splash Mountain with 130m wait times. G+ will pop up and say that the LL line is only 10 minutes. Would you like to upgrade? If people save enough time on one or two rides, G+ could be considered a win for first-timers while a lot of us planners know better than to show up in the first place.

There have been many threads created discussing Genie+, many of which are coving the same topics. This thread is being moved to the Theme Parks Community board with one main thread remaining on the main Theme Parks board.

Please continue discussion of Genie+ here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-genie-announcement.3849361/
I can understand and agree with the reasoning of having only one Genie thread on the TPAS board. However, my personal opinion is that this one, which is limited to known information about Genie, is more suited to the TPAS board, while the other one, where people are discussing/arguing about the merits, pros and cons, value, etc. of Genie and answers to the questions raised on this thread can get lost, is more suited to the Community board.

So all this comes on at 7am each day for resort guests, do you think it will be possible for one member of a party to try for a virtual queue while at the same time another books the first genie+ pass in either HS or EPCOT?

So all this comes on at 7am each day for resort guests, do you think it will be possible for one member of a party to try for a virtual queue while at the same time another books the first genie+ pass in either HS or EPCOT?

I would think so. I haven't read anything which would suggest that this would not be possible.

No guarantee's as it depends on demand and how many others get G+ too.

My expected scenario to promote G+ would be something along the lines of standing in line at Splash Mountain with 130m wait times. G+ will pop up and say that the LL line is only 10 minutes. Would you like to upgrade? If people save enough time on one or two rides, G+ could be considered a win for first-timers while a lot of us planners know better than to show up in the first place.
You think people would be happy with saving time on one or two lines? Even newcomer to the park will have enough sense to know that would be a ripoff.

I imagine there's no guarantee about the number of rides, sort of like when you buy a park hopper (even pre-covid) there was always a disclaimer about park hopping being subject to capacity limits.

Disney has data on everything, they must know the average number of FPs used by a typical guest. My guess is that most guests only use 3 to 4. Apologies for veering into commentary, I think most people will be content to skip 3 to 4 lines for free.
If I had to pay extra then I would expect more than 3 lines. With FP, people could definitely make more than 3-4 reservations especially including meet and greets.

Another great question.

There have been many threads created discussing Genie+, many of which are coving the same topics. This thread is being moved to the Theme Parks Community board with one main thread remaining on the main Theme Parks board.

Please continue discussion of Genie+ here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-genie-announcement.3849361/
Hello @scrappinginontario: The thread you suggested has scant information; mostly it’s filled with vitriol commentary. Will the moderators be limiting that? Or, is there another thread regarding the Genie service that is for information only?

Hello @scrappinginontario: The thread you suggested has scant information; mostly it’s filled with vitriol commentary. Will the moderators be limiting that? Or, is there another thread regarding the Genie service that is for information only?
Fortunately, I can Watch this thread, so whenever I sign on to DISboards I just click Watched Threads and pull it up. I can skip over the other one when I scan the TPAS board.
I agree with @g-dad66 - given how BGs have worked, I don’t see any reason why what you suggest won’t work. However, it’s up to Disney IT, isn’t it, so in reality we just have to hope it will work.

Check posts 1633 and 1636 at this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-genie-announcement.3849361/page-82
Training session said that only onsite guests can access Genie+ at 7:00 am. Offsite guests must wait until they are in the park.

This contradicts previous information (which said that all guests can start Genie+ bookings at 7:00, and that offsite guests had to wait until park entry only for the upcharge attractions).

Interested in learning more about this issue.

I just listened to the Dis Unplugged podcast discussing what we know now, and what they are predicting based on their own experience. They'll discuss more on Tuesday's show as well.

1. Virtual queues will still be in play, correct? We’ll still have the ability to get a boarding pass for ROTR (and Remy, and potentially other attractions in the future, like Tron), and not pay?

2. See #1; if we aren’t able to get a boarding pass for one of the VQ attractions, will we have the opportunity to purchase Lightening Lane for them?

3. Will we be able to purchase Genie+ for singular days and for individual people, or is it all or nothing?

4. Do you have to purchase Genie+ to be able to access Lightening Lane?

5. Will this create a scenario where additional attractions won’t have an opportunity for a standby line? (I understand virtual queue attractions already don’t have standby.)
1 & 2: I think this has been clarified now but yes, anyone will still have the option to join the virtual queue. If you're not able to get a timeslot, you'll have the option to purchase them as a Individual Attraction Selection. You can book two IAS per day, from what I understand.

3. Individual and single days seem to be what it is currently. Remains to be seen if they'll have a length of stay/ticket flat price like Max Pass at DL used to have.

4. My understanding is that you will need to have either purchased Genie+ or an IAS, or both. But, yes, only access to LL if you've paid.

5. I doubt that very much. There will be more in the standby lines now than before because presumably fewer people will be using this service than they did the free FP+ one.

8. Which attractions will be G+ attractions and which will be LL attractions? How much will LL cost for each attraction (just having a range for prices would be helpful)?
I would assume the former "Tier 1" attractions under FP+ will translate to IAS attractions. I presume that's what you mean... the rides with the up-charge. Lightning Lane is just the name of the queue that you'll enter whether you're riding a ride under Genie+ or an IAS attraction.

Also wondering if you just lose your money if you pay for a lightning line ride and can’t make your slot- traveling with kiddos the unexpected happens- we’ve had to pay charges when we couldn’t make dining reservations due to weather/kiddos being sick, one more thing we may lose money on due to unforeseen circumstances!
Great point. Another example could be purchasing at 7am (and getting a return time of say 3pm) for ROTR, but whomp whomp, it goes down at 2:30 for the rest of the day.. I'm guessing in this scenario they will refund you, but just another potential hassle.
Good questions. In the past when a ride would go down under FP+, you were offered the option to ride any other ride at your convenience. Perhaps they'll offer the same. I know with other for-cost "fast pass" type services (EP at Universal or MaxPass at DL), if you didn't get your money's worth for whatever reason, that was just the risk you took with the purchase.

The most important question to me right now is: When will this start?
The Dis Unplugged folks were split on this... some thought it made sense to roll out in time for the 50th on October 1st. Others thought it would be way too risky to roll out this new program during one of the busiest times. Especially with the learning curve and potential glitches. I tend to agree with the latter and would guess late October/early November - the lull between the 50th and the holiday season.

Question:
We are stopping overnight and arriving next day.
Can I wake up and select our first attraction on Genie+ (or the IAS) but be able to pick our time slot since we wouldn't be in the park until later that day?

Question:
We are stopping overnight and arriving next day.
Can I wake up and select our first attraction on Genie+ (or the IAS) but be able to pick our time slot since we wouldn't be in the park until later that day?
I believe Genie+ allows you to choose the "next available time." Whether that is in an hour or 5 hours later may depend on park conditions any given day (crowds, etc.).

Individual Attraction Selection sounds like you can pick a time, but we don't really know specifics of which attractions, how many time slots, how frequently are the time slots, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter