• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie plus and Child Swap

Genie+ is the on-the-day mobile-app-operated paid service replacing the old FastPass (I.e. avoids waiting in a standby queue by giving you a return time).
Rider Switch is where you have a (for example) child who is too short / scared to ride some of the eligible attractions, in which case the parent waiting with that child can go through the quick lane when the rest of their party has finished riding (although it appears staff sometimes operate this in slightly different ways)

Here's the thread all about Genie+
https://www.disboards.com/threads/e...lightning-lane-please-read-posts-1-7.3856734/

Here's the Disney page about Rider Switch
https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/guest-services/rider-switch/

For both ILLs and Genie+ rider swap, all riders will need an ILL for ILL rides and Genie+ for Genie+ rides. Just tell the CM that you'll need to RS, and they'll add one to the person who is re-riding (if there is one) and the one waiting behind.

I just did this a few weeks ago. My party of 6 had a VQ for Guardians but my 4 year old was too small to ride. So basically, whichever parent is going second will go to a cast member standing outside and tell them you need to child swap. They will scan your tickets or phone for whoever is going to be riding the second time. The cool thing that I was surprised by was that my 6 year old was actually able to ride twice because that's allowed when one parent is child swapping. So the cast member scanned my ticket and my sons ticket. After he was done with the first ride, he and I went back through the lightning lane to take my turn. That's nice too because we only had to wait maybe 5 minutes on the second go round instead of waiting the 45 minutes in the VQ.

For both ILLs and Genie+ rider swap, all riders will need an ILL for ILL rides and Genie+ for Genie+ rides. Just tell the CM that you'll need to RS, and they'll add one to the person who is re-riding (if there is one) and the one waiting behind.
So if we’re a party of 4 (2 parents, 2 kids), and we have one kid who rides basically nothing based on fear/sensory not height. Can our second child reride the rides with the other parent? I’m just wondering if for FoP, do we have to buy 4 ILL or will 3 ILL be enough for each parent to ride with our riding child.

So if we’re a party of 4 (2 parents, 2 kids), and we have one kid who rides basically nothing based on fear/sensory not height. Can our second child reride the rides with the other parent? I’m just wondering if for FoP, do we have to buy 4 ILL or will 3 ILL be enough for each parent to ride with our riding child.

If the non-riding child doesn't meet the height requirements, then yes, you will get a rider swap that lets the waiting adult ride and bring one additional guest with them. (3 ILL) Let the CM know before you enter the LL to add the RS, then the waiting party can wait elsewhere for the first party.

If the non riding child does meet the height requirements, then speak with the CM as to how best achieve a rider swap. Most times you will switch at the exit, but this varies from attraction to attraction and it's up to the CMs discretion as to the additional guest. (3 ILL)

If the non-rider meets the height requirement and you want to guarantee that neither parent rides alone then purchase the 4 ILL's. This way you can just switch bands to have the riding child re-ride with the 2nd parent using the non rider's MB (or keycard).

If the non-riding child doesn't meet the height requirements, then yes, you will get a rider swap that lets the waiting adult ride and bring one additional guest with them. (3 ILL) Let the CM know before you enter the LL to add the RS, then the waiting party can wait elsewhere for the first party.

If the non riding child does meet the height requirements, then speak with the CM as to how best achieve a rider swap. Most times you will switch at the exit, but this varies from attraction to attraction and it's up to the CMs discretion as to the additional guest. (3 ILL)

If the non-rider meets the height requirement and you want to guarantee that neither parent rides alone then purchase the 4 ILL's. This way you can just switch bands to have the riding child re-ride with the 2nd parent using the non rider's MB (or keycard).
Thanks! He does meet the height, he’s a tall 54” 7 year old with a fear of all “thrill” rides. He loves Disney but if definitely makes it more complicated for us when he won’t ride any rides with a height limit or drop of any type.

When my son, who was tall enough, didn’t want to ride ToT the CM gave him the option of waiting in line with us and then walking to the exit to wait for us (must be 7 or older to do this) or doing the regular rider swap. We opted to just have him wait in line with us. We all had LLs for the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter