General Star Wars Discussion

And yet....

87a2f147ae5f1015f873b09066c70fa94f9984c9.gif

So you don't care about whether the storyline of the "Acolyte" promo looks promising? You just want to make a snide remark about the diversity of the cast?
It feels like he makes these remarks just to get a reaction out of people. I'll just see his posts, sigh at how sad it must be to live your life always being outraged over everything, and then move right on.

The story is suspect also. There is no good and there is no evil, only power. That’s poppycock, yes there is indeed good and evil in Star Wars. Clearly the rebels were good in Georges vision, and the empire was patterned after Communist Nazi Germany. So yes, there clearly is indeed good and evil according to the creator of the Star Wars universe.

Also when you use a diversity spreadsheet to build your cast, I am pretty certain you are not trying to make a great story first and foremost. I don’t see the need to drag established IP with decades of established lore through the filter of today’s prevailing progressive thoughts.

Last edited:
It feels like he makes these remarks just to get a reaction out of people. I'll just see his posts, sigh at how sad it must be to live your life always being outraged over everything, and then move right on.
Yeah, that's probably a good strategy. It just gets to me after time after time of the same thing. :sad1:

The story is suspect also. There is no good and there is no evil, only power. That’s poppycock, yes there is indeed good and evil in Star Wars. Clearly the rebels were good in Georges vision, and the empire was patterned after Communist Nazi Germany. So yes, there clearly is indeed good and evil according to the creator of the Star Wars universe.

Why do you take everything so literally? That is something a character says - "This isn't about good or bad, but about power and who is allowed to weild it." This character is one of the "witches" so likely a "bad guy" who, surprise surprise, don't usually see themselves as evil. It is that character's perspective, not the message of the show. Granted we do not yet know the message of the show, but I doubt it will be that there is no such thing as good and evil. In fact, I ma pretty sure it will show good triumphing over evil in the end, as does pretty much any Star Wars story.

That Tales of the Empire trailer has got me so excited!!! Barriss as an Inquisitor is all I’ve wanted but wondering now if they’re retconning Lyn to be Barriss as the Fourth Sister in Kenobi or if something’s going to happen to Barriss and Lyn is her replacement? 🤔

Either way I’m excited to see how this plays out. That final scene of Barriss sensing Anakin in Vader was perfect.

Also excited for the new Star Tours updates to be starting tomorrow!!

That Tales of the Empire trailer has got me so excited!!! Barriss as an Inquisitor is all I’ve wanted but wondering now if they’re retconning Lyn to be Barriss as the Fourth Sister in Kenobi or if something’s going to happen to Barriss and Lyn is her replacement? 🤔

Either way I’m excited to see how this plays out. That final scene of Barriss sensing Anakin in Vader was perfect.

Also excited for the new Star Tours updates to be starting tomorrow!!
there is a cast release... different actor is playing 4th sister

"The talented voice cast includes Diana Lee Inosanto (Morgan Elsbeth), Meredith Salenger (Barriss Offee), Rya Kihlstedt (Lyn, aka Fourth Sister), Wing T. Chao (Wing), Lars Mikkelsen (Thrawn), Jason Isaacs (Grand Inquisitor) and Matthew Wood (General Grievous)."

https://www.jedinews.com/featured/a...ficial-poster-and-confirmation-of-voice-cast/

Also when you use a diversity spreadsheet to build your cast, I am pretty certain you are not trying to make a great story first and foremost. I don’t see the need to drag established IP with decades of established lore through the filter of today’s prevailing progressive thoughts.

Your analysis is flawed because you don’t have a good understanding of history. Nazi Germany wasn’t “communist” it was fascist, which it a right wing ideology. Communists are left wing, and the Nazis arrested leftists and sent them to concentration camps.

The fact that you went from a reimagining of history to complaining about diversity is so… unsurprising.

Your analysis is flawed because you don’t have a good understanding of history. Nazi Germany wasn’t “communist” it was fascist, which it a right wing ideology.
Nonsense. Both communism and fascism are authoritarian systems that put the needs of the state over the individual’s rights. They are both left wing.

We can have a Star Wars thread that is all happy and rosey again when the idiots running Lucasfilm actually make good Star Wars content again. You know like the content the creator of the entire Star Wars universe made. Disney is simply putting a Star Wars sticker on stupid things. Leslie Headland (Harvey Weinstein’s personal assistant) has described this show as Frozen meets Kill Bill! That may be the stupidest thing I have ever heard, and I feel slightly less intelligent from just listening to her saying that.

Want my praise? Make real Star Wars content again….its really that simple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter