• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GASP! On check in I was advised by a CM to...

medicgirl_911 said:
Not trying to :stir:
OK so with all the debate about using the child meal credits for adults to gain "extra" meals, I just had to share this.
We checked in for our first Disney experience last Monday (5/1) at POP. We had purchased DP. On check-in the very nice CM who was going over our reservation with us and explaining everything to us brought up our dining plan information. She was explaining everything about snacks/CS/TS which of course I had been lurking here for a couple of months and subscribed to TGM so I pretty much knew everything but was listening and nodding politely. Then she drops the bombshell on me.
"What a lot of people don't know is that Disney does not distinguish between a childs credits and an adults credits. You can actually just pay for your childs meals which is considerably cheaper and enjoy more CS and TS meals for your family." :listen: Did she actually just tell me this or has the ongoing debate just sprouted this audible hallucination?? I must have had a stupid look on my face because she said "We just try to let people know this so they can enjoy their plan all the more" I mumbled something about trying to keep that in mind.
It isn't something that I necessarily think is the proper thing to do, and we did not take part of this "little known secret". But what really bothered me, is this something she was approved to let me know??? I highly doubt it, I am sure Mickey likes his money to be in the black and not in the red. But it did tug at the back of my brain, especially as my daughter never ate a single of the meals she got, she wasnt feeling all that well the entire trip and plus I think the sensory overload left her not wanting to stop to eat. And I was thinking --man I could have been having an extra dinner at somewhere like Le Cellier. LOL But people who don't know any different and are getting this info from a CM what are they supposed to think but that this is OK? I almost feel as if I should call managment to let them know about it.
Has anyone else been given this kind of info from a CM??? :confused3

We were told the same thing by numerous waiters/waitresses and people working the cash register at the CS places. Not only that but, at the end of the week, there was a mistake and 2 CS meals had not been deducted from our card...I knew full well that I had used them and informed the front desk and they said they would take them off....We went to buy snacks for the plane as we were leaving the resort and I tried to charge to my room with room key as I did not have credits left...and the cashier was arguing with me that I still had CS credits left and that she was going to apply them. I told her 10 times (her english was weak) not to do it, that they were being deducted at front desk etc...and she said it didn't matter, they were there and she had to use them.
Guess what happened - when the front desk went to deduct them and saw that they had been used they charged me for the full credits when they had been used to buy a couple of banannas...never did get this straighted out ..remember Mickey has your credit card number and charges lots of stuff to it without itemizing what you are being charged for at the end of the week making it impossible to correct mistakes.

PrincessJen09 said:
But parents of kids 3 to 9 can pay for the kid meal plan and use it to feed themselves. Anyone see what is wrong with this picture?

I'm with ya. :thumbsup2

Hey Pedler, I've been trying to stay out of these lately, see you're still in them. Been spending my time writing Disney trying to get our refillable beers. :cool1:

kcrew said:
I did the same thing with my 8 and 9 year olds, and I am also a little concerned on how to handle it when questioned by a CM. I certainly don't want to tell my kids they have to say they are 10,,,,yes I know the card will list them as adults, but I assume CM's do not ask to see the card up front, but rather ask the kids directly their ages. Perhaps I can just interject and say something like "we just have one (referring to my 6 yo) child on our dining plan, did you need to see our cards?" :confused3

I'm hoping that if I just explain to the CM the circumstance, it won't be a problem. I will offer for them to see my cards to verify it. I would rather not get into that grey area with my kids, if I told them to lie about their ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter