Garden Grove in the Swan?

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
Has anyone recently eaten at the Garden Grove in the Swan? How was the food, character encounters and atmosphere? How did you get there, by car. bus, or boat?

We are planning a dinner there.

Last edited:
also curious for first hand reviews
I am really hoping it is a hidden gem like a friend has told me.

I am a bit worried about how much the menu changes depending on what day of the week it is. We are headed there for a Wednesday dinner.

I am a huge Swan fan, so I have eaten there.

For atmosphere - it's actually really fun. It's not as immersive as some of the other character meals, but it is very whimsical, and I enjoy windows out onto the lake.

For the characters, they are fine - but a bit more sparse than some other experiences. It often isn't super crowded, though. So, that helps potentially increase your interaction.

For the food, it's honestly just not that good. That can be true of many other character meals, too. But, it's honestly just not that good.

For me, Cape May at Beach Club or Garden Grill at The Land are better for that "level" of character dining. But, you also should enjoy yourself if you go to Garden Grove!

I am a huge Swan fan, so I have eaten there.

For atmosphere - it's actually really fun. It's not as immersive as some of the other character meals, but it is very whimsical, and I enjoy windows out onto the lake.

For the characters, they are fine - but a bit more sparse than some other experiences. It often isn't super crowded, though. So, that helps potentially increase your interaction.

For the food, it's honestly just not that good. That can be true of many other character meals, too. But, it's honestly just not that good.

For me, Cape May at Beach Club or Garden Grill at The Land are better for that "level" of character dining. But, you also should enjoy yourself if you go to Garden Grove!

Thanks for your reply! Being not crowded would be wonderful as hubby hates crowds. The characters will be a bonus for our 6 year old granddaughter but we are concerned how the 2 year old is going to take to a character so sparse may be a good thing. LOL!

But so so food will not go over well with our group of adults. Have you had dinners there? If so which buffet did you have? I see a seafood one on Fri. and Sat., a Mediterranean one on Tue. and Thurs., and then the Southern Barbecue on Mon., Wed., and Sun.

We are doing a Cape May dinner earlier in the week.

We ate there for Thanksgiving, so they had a different menu and it was probably busier than normal. We were not fans. However, I don't really like any of the food at character meals that are buffets for some reason.

It was packed! We were sitting right by the tree in the middle and i was walking over the tree because there wasn't enough floor space to get to my seat.

We took the bus from AK, we were staying at the Dolphin so I was able to run to our room and change my pants that were soaked from Kali River while we waited for the table.

The garden grove only for Dinner only has a Buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. The seafood buffet.
The rest of the week for dinner there is a choice of 4 entrees prepared. The entrees include unlimited
salad and soup bar. It also includes the dessert bar. I've eaten there many times and enjoyed it very much
on the nights that the seafood buffet was NOT served. I tried the seafood buffet (fri & sat night) twice and both
time I hated it lol.

Hope this helps,
Adam

The garden grove only for Dinner only has a Buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. The seafood buffet.
The rest of the week for dinner there is a choice of 4 entrees prepared. The entrees include unlimited
salad and soup bar. It also includes the dessert bar. I've eaten there many times and enjoyed it very much
on the nights that the seafood buffet was NOT served. I tried the seafood buffet (fri & sat night) twice and both
time I hated it lol.

Hope this helps,
Adam

Interesting. That s very different information than what I was told. I am being told there is a barbecue buffet on the night we are there. They list the four entrees but list a buffet also. We are going on a Wed night so I know it will not be a seafood buffet. I guess I better try to call them directly and see what the menu is. The information I was working off of is from Oct 2016 so who knows what changes may have occurred.

Thanks so much for replying! It does help!

time I hated it lol.

Hope this helps,
Adam

Adam, Thanks for your very accurate information! I spoke with a Kathryn this morning at the Garden Grove (407-934-1618) and she gave me the exact information you have given above. The information on allears.net that is usually super accurate is not even close on this one.

Here is a link to the 4 entrees offered: http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/garden-grove-dinner-menu.pdf
and here is the children's menu: http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/menus/pdf/garden-grove-kids.pdf

It is still a character meal in the evenings.

Thanks again!

I'm glad you called to find out yourself :)
I only know this because I have been dining at the Garden Grove for years.
Over the years I got to try all the different buffet nights they used to offer.
In fact I think i'll be at Disney the same time as you.
I'll be there Feb. 7th till March 2nd lol.
Enjoy your Disney trip,

Adam

Following. Debating between this and Cape May for BREAKFAST. I currently have a reservation at Cape May and debating between it and GG (I heard they don't take reservations for breakfast). It would be on a Saturday - forget which characters are there then. Thanks :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter