• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garden Cottages

N

nw6675

I know someone out there as to have the scoop! Tell me about the Garden Cottages at BWI. I booked it on a whim and now my DH is all in, cost to the wind. I watched the YouTube's of the refurb. Tell me any thoughts, good or bad. Is the location crappy? Can I say crappy on the DIS? HA! Is it a million miles from the club?

I really enjoyed my stay in August! It's so cute and there's an outside door then up the stairs, down the hall and there's the club so the lounge didn't seem far (to me) at all.

Disclaimer-I'd wanted to stay for at least 15 maybe more, years and the refurb was brand new when I stayed but I can't think of anything to complain about (except, of course, perhaps it was a " wee" bit pricey!).

If you can swing it, I'd say go for it!

I don't know but have always wanted to stay in them. They look so cute and very convenient to the quiet pool. Sorry for dumb question but what is the club? Boardwalk concierge?

I really enjoyed my stay in August! It's so cute and there's an outside door then up the stairs, down the hall and there's the club so the lounge didn't seem far (to me) at all.

Disclaimer-I'd wanted to stay for at least 15 maybe more, years and the refurb was brand new when I stayed but I can't think of anything to complain about (except, of course, perhaps it was a " wee" bit pricey!).

If you can swing it, I'd say go for it!
Thank you!!! We've wanted to for years, but never did it. We have it booked and I thought we'd change, but my husband is excited for it. If he's ok with the $$$ then who am I to say otherwise?!

Thank you!!! We've wanted to for years, but never did it. We have it booked and I thought we'd change, but my husband is excited for it. If he's ok with the $$$ then who am I to say otherwise?!

Enjoy! This was a special trip with my DN/SIL and they were in "regular" concierge and could see my cottage from their balcony. We had such a nice vacation and the Innkeeper's Lounge CMs were wonderful and I loved spending time in my room-I didn't want to leave to go to the parks 😂 .

Years and years ago my DSis was in one and they really enjoyed the experience. Good for you!

I will see you in 2 weeks at VGF!
At one time, we were going to be there, but our dates and resort have changed. We are at SSR from Nov 28 to December 1 and then we will go on a Merrytime Cruise on the Wish.

We can still catch a glimpse of each other, but not at VGF.

Funny story connected to this. I had booked a reservation for me and my daughter at the boardwalk. Somehow it got screwed up.. I called to get it straightened out which the CM accomplished. Fast forward to nearing vacation time and I called to see if we could request any upgrades. The CM said let me look. She came back and said we have something special already planned.

We arrived and we’re upgraded to the cottege. It was fantastic! Lots of room. The funny part for me was that my daughter who was about 16 at the time llooked around and said Dad there is only one bed! The unit we stayed in had a loft with a king bed. Thankfully the couch on the lower level was a pull out,

Best place I have ever stayed at DW. Been to GF Poly BW YC and BC.
I would stay there without a second thought

I forgot to add that you have your own mailbox. I’ll try to find my photo

These are my favorite rooms. I love how quiet it is and I feel like I can get away from the park madness. Having an extra half bathroom is wonderful. They are very close to the quiet pool and I don’t mind the walk to the club. I prefer the ones with a balcony to the ones with the garden in front and usually request a balcony.

Funny story connected to this. I had booked a reservation for me and my daughter at the boardwalk. Somehow it got screwed up.. I called to get it straightened out which the CM accomplished. Fast forward to nearing vacation time and I called to see if we could request any upgrades. The CM said let me look. She came back and said we have something special already planned.

We arrived and we’re upgraded to the cottege. It was fantastic! Lots of room. The funny part for me was that my daughter who was about 16 at the time llooked around and said Dad there is only one bed! The unit we stayed in had a loft with a king bed. Thankfully the couch on the lower level was a pull out,

Best place I have ever stayed at DW. Been to GF Poly BW YC and BC.
I would stay there without a second thought
Couch is no longer a pullout after the refyrb, fyi.

My college-aged DS and I were upgraded to the cottage suites, as well, back in 2019. I’m glad they were still a pullout back then. We’d have made do - we were given a king room at WL CL last year even though we had booked 2-queens 🙄. Not a huge issue, but DS stayed up later than I and woke me every time he climbed into bed.

The funny part for me was that my daughter who was about 16 at the time llooked around and said Dad there is only one bed! The unit we stayed in had a loft with a king bed. Thankfully the couch on the lower level was a pull out,

Thats how all the garden cottages are. They’re what used to be the Honeymoon Suites. They‘ve always only had a king bed upstairs. For a few years they had the pullout couch, but that was eliminated 2 remodels ago.

Last edited:
I know someone out there as to have the scoop! Tell me about the Garden Cottages at BWI. I booked it on a whim and now my DH is all in, cost to the wind. I watched the YouTube's of the refurb. Tell me any thoughts, good or bad. Is the location crappy? Can I say crappy on the DIS? HA! Is it a million miles from the club?

We stayed in one several years ago. Pros: guaranteed king bed & lots of room. It’s nice to have a living area to relax in & watch TV. The extra bathroom is nice too. They’re right near the quiet pool, which I prefer over BWI’s main pool. They’re so cute on the outside, it’s nice walking up & knowing you’re staying there.

Cons: The stairs to the bedroom. After a day in the parks, my legs did not want to walk up a flight of stairs to get to bed. The stairs are kind of steep & were hard wood when we stayed there. We don’t have hardwood floors at home so they seemed a little slippery & I had to be pretty careful on them. We didn’t use the lounge as much as we normally would have. We found It inconvenient. At other club levels, if the lounge is full, we take food back to our room. Or stop in for a beverage & snack on our way back from the park. For is, the cottages were too far to carry stuff back to the room. Sometimes we didn’t want to make the trek to the lounge after being in the parks, we just wanted to get to the room. So we didn’t make as much use of the lounge as we do at other resorts. The lounge is on the 4th floor, so we took the elevator. I was not taking stairs to the 4th floor. Also, the only way to get to them is outside. If it’s raining, no interior hallway access.

After saying all that, I would stay in 1 again if I was planning a more relaxing stay with less park time. The rooms really are beautiful & feel like a special treat. Hope you have a great time!

Last edited:
We stayed in one several years ago. Pros: guaranteed king bed & lots of room. It’s nice to have a living area to relax in & watch TV. The extra bathroom is nice too. They’re right near the quiet pool, which I prefer over BWI’s main pool. They’re so cute on the outside, it’s nice walking up & knowing you’re staying there.

Cons: The stairs to the bedroom. After a day in the parks, my legs did not want to walk up a flight of stairs to get to bed. The stairs are kind of steep & were hard wood when we stayed there. We don’t have hardwood floors at home so they seemed a little slippery & I had to be pretty careful on them. We didn’t use the lounge as much as we normally would have. We found It inconvenient. At other club levels, if the lounge is full, we take food back to our room. Or stop in for a beverage & snack on our way back from the park. For is, the cottages were too far to carry stuff back to the room. Sometimes we didn’t want to make the trek to the lounge after being in the parks, we just wanted to get to the room. So we didn’t make as much use of the lounge as we do at other resorts. The lounge is on the 4th floor, so we took the elevator. I was not taking stairs to the 4th floor. Also, the only way to get to them is outside. If it’s raining, no interior hallway access.

After saying all that, I would stay in 1 again if I was planning a more relaxing stay with less park time. The rooms really are beautiful & feel like a special treat. Hope you have a great time!
I didn’t know that we were club eligible until I got back. Didn’t really matter though. That’s too bad that they have eliminated the pull out. Certainly makes it more expensive for just a couple.

I didn’t know that we were club eligible until I got back. Didn’t really matter though. That’s too bad that they have eliminated the pull out. Certainly makes it more expensive for just a couple.
Only two are ever allowed in the Garden Cottages, so that’s the standard expense for a couple. Stinks they didn’t inform you about the club!

My husband and I stayed in one a couple years ago. They are cute, but we won’t stay in them again. The stairs are too steep and I really didn’t like being so far from the lounge. We are older now, early 70s, so that may have something to do with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter