Galaxy's Edge show on Freeform channel.

Aaeolien

Mouseketeer
Anyone else see that last night? Was super cool, lots of behind the scenes stuff shown and thought processes behind how the Imagineers went about things. Enjoyed seeing it. Makes us more excited for our trip next summer. LOL

I really enjoyed it too. I can't believe how many little details we missed in August. At least I know what to look for on the next trip.

I watched it too and I am so glad I did. It was really good and I am so excited to go back in February and ride Rise of the Resistance. My husband has not been to Galaxies Edge yet but the show got him really excited to go.

Anyone else see that last night? Was super cool, lots of behind the scenes stuff shown and thought processes behind how the Imagineers went about things. Enjoyed seeing it. Makes us more excited for our trip next summer. LOL
I am watching this on Hulu now. Had to pause it to read DIS boards because I'm so confused. For instance, the part where Kaylie (so?) Cuoco plays on her phone, well, we downloaded the Disney Play app and the only "interactive elements" we saw were boring trivia quizzes or a chance to download playlists if you have an Apple music app that we don't have (and I wonder if they'd charge for it). (Also the app doesn't work in the long ride queue where you would hope to distract yourself from standing in line for so long.) There were no translations or anything else whatsoever that she showed on her phone.

Likewise, the exec in the tv special who described how the guests (us) would be able to interact with characters for an immersive experience, well that was just question marks, huh??? Just once in two long visits to Blackspire, we saw a pair of Stormtroopers who said one single line to someone rather far away from us. That is the full extent of our character sightings.

I am also still grossed out by the dry, stale lava roll that they implied was like a cinnabon. It is not! It is like the cheapest, stalest pastry you ever had the misfortune to eat. And the cookie garnishing the overpriced blue milk at Oga's was so hard I could have broken a tooth. Avoid them!

Overall, the tv special is leaving me with question marks floating over my head, as it does not reflect what we experienced just 2 weeks ago.

Meh, it was ok and was basically a 2 hour commercial........but with all the "rumors" of how Lucas HATED the place and would not step foot in it.....ha........best part was the preview of "rise of skywalker".........

Meh, it was ok and was basically a 2 hour commercial........but with all the "rumors" of how Lucas HATED the place and would not step foot in it.....ha........best part was the preview of "rise of skywalker".........
I enjoyed it, but all of Disney's specials and programs are commercials for their parks. Same with the holiday specials at Christmas.

Yep it was for sure a 2 hour commercial but for what it was for someone who hasn't been yet I enjoyed it.

I am watching this on Hulu now. Had to pause it to read DIS boards because I'm so confused. For instance, the part where Kaylie (so?) Cuoco plays on her phone, well, we downloaded the Disney Play app and the only "interactive elements" we saw were boring trivia quizzes or a chance to download playlists if you have an Apple music app that we don't have (and I wonder if they'd charge for it). (Also the app doesn't work in the long ride queue where you would hope to distract yourself from standing in line for so long.) There were no translations or anything else whatsoever that she showed on her phone.

Likewise, the exec in the tv special who described how the guests (us) would be able to interact with characters for an immersive experience, well that was just question marks, huh??? Just once in two long visits to Blackspire, we saw a pair of Stormtroopers who said one single line to someone rather far away from us. That is the full extent of our character sightings.

Not sure what was wrong with the app, but my husband used it all over the land, including in the Smuggler's Run queue.

There are several characters that roam the land (Rey, stormtroopers, Chewbacca, Vi Moradi, Kylo Ren), but you can also interact with the cast members themselves who all have their own backstories. I've seen all of the characters and had neat interactions with cast members who asked me about the creature I adopted and one of the cantina CMs also "harassed" my friend about hiding her lightsaber.

I am also still grossed out by the dry, stale lava roll that they implied was like a cinnabon. It is not! It is like the cheapest, stalest pastry you ever had the misfortune to eat. And the cookie garnishing the overpriced blue milk at Oga's was so hard I could have broken a tooth. Avoid them!

Overall, the tv special is leaving me with question marks floating over my head, as it does not reflect what we experienced just 2 weeks ago.
did you update the Disney Play app. The datapad is there I have played everytime I visit. many, many cool things to do with it
The characters do interact, again you just have to look around and see them playing, everything that was shown in that special I have seen in person.
As for the cinnammon roll, I had it for breakfast on opening day and enjoyed it but haven't had the chance to eat it again, so not sure if it's gone down in quality
How long were you inside BSO? maybe you just had bad luck as missing the characters, also Rey, Chewie and Vi Moradi tend to hang out by the Resistance camp so if you weren't in that area for long you might've completely missed it.
My favorite character interaction so far has been leaving Batuu at 10:30pm (the park closed at 10pm, we took our time leaving cause we were grabbing pics) and seeing Vi standing next to the x-wing, we approached and asked what she was doing and she said she eas just checking that Rey's repairs to the ship were the correct one. We talked for a bit, I said "may the spires keep you" she replied "Ignite the Spark" and I replied "Light the Fire"

I really enjoyed it too. I can't believe how many little details we missed in August. At least I know what to look for on the next trip.

Yep, I took some notes. :) Have some from the book too. I’m looking for porg nests my next visit.

Parts of it were so boring I skipped it though. Don’t need to watch
teens/kids (I assume they’re Disney channel stars?) wander around or peoples first SW memories. Also skipped the RotR section as I don’t want to know anything. I’ll go back and watch it after I ride it.

I'll give that the same level of credence I give all internet-based rumors about who does or doesn't like SW.

Besides, if I was George Lucas, I'd see absolutely zero point in ever going to Galaxy's Edge, period. He showed up for the launch when he certainly was under no obligation to do so, and that was very generous of him, giving Disney a huge dose of PR.

I'll give that the same level of credence I give all internet-based rumors about who does or doesn't like SW.

Besides, if I was George Lucas, I'd see absolutely zero point in ever going to Galaxy's Edge, period. He showed up for the launch when he certainly was under no obligation to do so, and that was very generous of him, giving Disney a huge dose of PR.

Like he would show up anyway in DL........Honestly did not need him there anyway as Disney is now Star Wars....I see Lucas and all I hear is Jar Jar Binks talking.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter