• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Galactic Starcruiser Closing Permanently In September!

Sad that Disney execs are so out of touch lately that they greenlighted this at the price point they did. Also if we’re gonna keep it Star Wars related can we please do something original trilogy related for a change. Like…why are they so averse to it. Just stop forcing the issue.
The concept was ultra unique and fun. I'm a fan of the whole canon, with Episode III being my favorite. So era was not an issue to me, you were just existing in the Star Wars universe/ at Disney World/Battuu.

I feel bad for the cast members. Hopefully they'll be given jobs somewhere else in the company.

Not surprised, though. It was far too expensive and there aren't enough SW fans with that kind of money to keep it going for long. It was greenlit after The Force Awakens was a massive hit and it looked like SW was going to be huge again. Then the other two sequel movies came out.

My guess is they'll revamp it into a deluxe SW themed hotel and add a swimming pool. They might keep a few of the cooler features, like letting people put it into hyperspace. But it'll otherwise be just like their other hotels.

I feel bad for the cast members. Hopefully they'll be given jobs somewhere else in the company.

There's always flexibility. I've even heard of Disney musicians who could perform several styles and could be moved around as needed.

Should have just rethemed one of the value resorts to Star Wars and had a few characters walking around during the day and charged it like a moderate.

They can, but it lacks some amenities that a regular hotel has. That said, they could add those things, but it's still quite small with small rooms too. It'd be a tough sell compared to other options.
It's funny that it would be a tough sell as a hotel, but yet Disney felt that the luxury experience was worth $2400 per night.

I’m incredibly sad. We did this in March, and I’m glad we were able to experience it.

I don’t know how they turn this into a regular hotel and make it profitable and reasonable. It’s very small. It has 100 rooms. Riviera has 300. Wilderness Lodge has 430. Plus there’s no real parking (it’s valet), it’s behind Hollywood Studios (basically backstage), and would need to rely entirely on buses.

I think lots of people expected this. It would have been fun, but just too expensive. The big question will be what do they do with it now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter