• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FYI: You will be charged for not cancelling or no-show

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
GG charged me the fee, $60. We had eaten there the day before and I thought DIL had cancelled for the next day. I didn't have computer access, although I didn't receive a text on my phone (not smart phone). Just wanted to say: "The no-show/cancel fee is "REAL".

Call them and explain you ate there the day before and forgot to cancel. Don't expect a refund, but they might offer one.

It's probably too late now, it was a month ago. It was a "lesson-learned". I will finalize everything before I leave next trip.

I'd still probably call. But that's me. It's not like you didn't eat there at all.

I'd still probably call. But that's me. It's not like you didn't eat there at all.
Do you think I can address this in the email about 1900 PF too? I guess they will think I'm just a "complainer" but I have given Disney restaurants MUCH $$$ this trip and in the past.

Do you think I can address this in the email about 1900 PF too? I guess they will think I'm just a "complainer" but I have given Disney restaurants MUCH $$$ this trip and in the past.

You can try but they may not help. All over their website and on the phone, people are told that there is a $10 per person fee for no-shows.

You can try but they may not help. All over their website and on the phone, people are told that there is a $10 per person fee for no-shows.
I have ALWAYS cancelled before we left for our trip but this time we just didn't know which day we would be in Epcot to eat at GG. As I said, LESSON LEARNED.

I had to call Disney for something else. I said I have reservations for a party of 3 and we might be only 2, if I use the website to change from 3 to 2 would I loose my times, she said possible, it is better to call to change. If they could not change 3 to 2 without changing the time, they would make a note on the reservation that making a change to the number would change the time. She said I could be charged for the 3rd person, if they did not show, I told her I had never heard of the restaurant charging if one person did not show up, she again they might charge.

I had to call Disney for something else. I said I have reservations for a party of 3 and we might be only 2, if I use the website to change from 3 to 2 would I loose my times, she said possible, it is better to call to change. If they could not change 3 to 2 without changing the time, they would make a note on the reservation that making a change to the number would change the time. She said I could be charged for the 3rd person, if they did not show, I told her I had never heard of the restaurant charging if one person did not show up, she again they might charge.

They don't.

As I said, they are under absolutely no obligation at all to refund. But you can ask and they can say no. It's not like you didn't show up there at all. You likely spent a decent amount of money eating there the night before.

Whether complaining about 2 things at once will get you labeled as a complainer I can't say. I would probably send the email and hope that maybe they refund the $60 as compensation for the pathetic character representation at a pricey character meal at 1900 PF.

They won't charge as long as one person shows up.* And if they did, those of us who are solo would be able to argue that as some of their restaurants will not show reservations for one person ('Ohana notoriously).

*I could see them having issues if you were booking for 5 or 6 consistently when you knew there would only be 1 or 2 because that's pretty clearly just a way to get an ADR. But 1 person booking for 2 when their system won't allow booking for 1 - or 4 when the system won't allow booking for 3? That is a glitch in their system and unless and until it gets resolved they would not have a leg to stand on to charge us in those cases.

You won't be charged for showing up with 2. We just got back today from our trip and we had two reservations that were for 4 but we only had 3 at those meals. It wasn't a problem.

Disney is not consistent with the no-show charges. I had a no show on my last trip. It was a work trip and it was on the corporate card and I missed it because of a schedule change and I didn't bother calling. I got my next statement and there was no charge for the no-show. You would think it was an automated process but apparently either there is some human intervention or I got lucky with a glitch.

To me, I would only call if my reasoning was that you thought someone else had cancelled it.

Having two reservations and having eaten there once isn’t a good reason, IMO, because I've had two reservations for one restaurant during a stay and kept both. There are plenty of people that just like restaurants that much.

They were expecting two days of spending from your party and only got one. So having dined there once might not work as a reason to have them refund you.

But you and DIL having a miscommunication is a line of reasoning that I might call about.

She said I could be charged for the 3rd person, if they did not show, I told her I had never heard of the restaurant charging if one person did not show up, she again they might charge.

They won’t. In that case the cm doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

I had never seen "on-here" that anyone was charged. That's what I meant.

Huh. I’ve seen it. And while it’s not dining, we were charged for what they thought was a no show for bibbidi. We had cancelled days before, and when I called they could see that, but we got charged initially when they felt we were no shows.

You would think it was an automated process but apparently either there is some human intervention or I got lucky with a glitch.

Not aitomated. The managers go over the list in the evening (or perhaps at the end of a mealtime) from what I’ve read written by those in the know.

Whenever I cancel a dining reservation, I always get an e-mail stating that the reservation has been cancelled. I always save those cancellation e-mails until my next billing statement to make sure I wasn't accidentally charged as a no-show. Might be a good way, in the future, to make sure the reservation was cancelled so they're is no miscommunication amongst family members?

Its been quite awhile since I've don't research but are all restaurants still 48-hour cancel policy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter