FW Newbie - Looking for Perfect Site

wen8jr

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I'm looking for detailed FW campsite info as we are planning our first ever camping trip at the Fort for our next Disney fix...but there doesn't seem to be (or I can't find it) as much information about the sites/loops as I'd like.

Any recommendations or websites I should reference? We have a hybrid camper trailer about 27ft fully extended, no side slide outs. We are looking for a pet friendly site, full hook up, as secluded as you can get w/ a lot of nature/trees/shrubs, etc. Close proximity to popular areas or comfort stations not necessary (we have bikes). Water view would be nice.

I think I've determined that you can only request a site or loop but there is no guarantee that you'll get it, correct?

TIA!!

Wen

If you search you tube for "fort wilderness loop" there a couple of gentlemen who have posted videos of each loop site by site that can be very helpful. I also Google a ft wilderness map and then determine which loops I want to watch on you tube.

With your criteria, I'd ask for 1600 or 1800 by the canal.

I agree with Denise about the 1600 or 1800, probably your best choice given your camper description. Don't sweat over it too much, seriously. You won't be disappointed I assure you.

Wen,

I just got back from the Fort today. Don't even think about specific sites. You can request specific loops via MDE if you choose to do early checking within 60 days of arrival.

Worrying over specific sites is useless because you never know what site you'll end up with. Every reservation is pre-assigned a site based on the type requested, when others are checking out, and any other factors. Somebody may still be on the site you want.

A 27 foot hybrid will fit in every site. All sites have all hooks except for the tent/popup loops 1500 and 2000 (no sewer). There is a Fort map in the FAQ. It depends on how much money you want to spend for a pet site [Premium (400-900), Full (1600-1900), or Preferred (300)]. Price also depends on your dates.

Your choice.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter