Future Extra Magic Hours

STLMickeyMom

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the place to post this or not---my question is, does anybody know if there is any rhyme or reason to when they have EMHs in each park, specifically at Hollywood Studios? It is almost time to make our ADRs and I want to schedule our day and meals on the day DHS has evening EMHs, if they do have them while we're there. I looked at a schedule and it seemed to be on regular days but towards the end of the year it seems to get very random. Any insights? Thanks in advance!
Guess I should add, we are going jan 5-11, 2014.

Not sure if this is the place to post this or not---my question is, does anybody know if there is any rhyme or reason to when they have EMHs in each park, specifically at Hollywood Studios? It is almost time to make our ADRs and I want to schedule our day and meals on the day DHS has evening EMHs, if they do have them while we're there. I looked at a schedule and it seemed to be on regular days but towards the end of the year it seems to get very random. Any insights? Thanks in advance!

EMH are listed on the calendars.
The calendar for your dates will be out ahead of your ADR deadline.

While NO calendar is (or could be) 100% accurate,
the WDW Travel Agent Calendar is consistently the earliest-listed
and best-maintained (frequently updated) of all of the on-line calendars.

September TA Calendar

October TA Calendar

November TA Calendar

December TA Calendar

January TA Calendar

Hello,

My trip is scheduled for the first week of Feb 2014. ADR will be available to make on Aug 6th. Do you know when the Feb 2014 EMH schedule will be posted .. and where?

Hello,

My trip is scheduled for the first week of Feb 2014. ADR will be available to make on Aug 6th. Do you know when the Feb 2014 EMH schedule will be posted .. and where?

Feb. 2014 hours are now 2-3 weeks LATE in posting.
Nobody knows why.

When the hours do become available they will very likely be found at the link below FIRST.

February TA Calendar

The month's dates will automatically update to the newest info
(as in, change from 2013 to 2014)
as soon as that new month's info becomes available.

Nobody knows why.

Nobody knows why, but there are rumors that EMH will be completely eliminated eventually, perhaps starting with February, which is perhaps why the February calendars are late.

I see them completely doing away with EMH. If you notice, the hours used to be long.. Evening use to be 3 hours and now they are only 2 hours...

I don't know if they'd even make it an add on or try and find another perk, possibly tying into the FP+ potentially somehow. :-)

There was a poll on Facebook asking why people stay on site - EMH was the single biggest reason.

There was a poll on Facebook asking why people stay on site - EMH was the single biggest reason.

I saw that too - it would be funny if they announced the end of EMH right after they announced those poll results!

I saw that too - it would be funny if they announced the end of EMH right after they announced those poll results!

Yeah, you're both right. And since I'm pretty certain that the die-hard fans of EMH are watching that closely, coupled with the current rumors, there is little Disney could do to sugar coat this. It would look REALLY bad if they killed the EMH right after this poll!

Nobody knows why.

When the hours do become available they will very likely be found at the link below FIRST.

February TA Calendar

The month's dates will automatically update to the newest info
(as in, change from 2013 to 2014)
as soon as that new month's info becomes available.

But be sure to hit refresh when you're on the page. Otherwise, it may keep showing you the 2013 calendar even if it's been updated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter