Future DVC Owners!

I would agree with many of the above posts.
Do not borrow or finance if you can avoid it. Your first year or two, rent points and figure out how many points you need and where you want to stay. Then buy when you have all the details figured out.
The suggestion of buying resale, then adding a small direct contract to get the other benfits is a good option if those perks are important to you. For us, buying the AP is huge and saves us a lot of money. For others, it may not be a big deal. Realize that those perks can be removed at any time in the future.

I wouldn't buy until married
I think this is a good opinion for a few different reasons. Say they marriage fell through then what do you do with the timeshare. If you buy before you are married and then once you change your name the deed would have to be updated with your married name because your member card would not match your drivers license. I know this isn't impossible to do, but would take some time and a little money to change.

Yes, buy all (or most) of your points resale and save some real money. Or don't buy DVC at all right now and look for a good deal (possibly renting) for your honeymoon and not have any pressure/stress related to this purchase right now. You can always buy (or not buy) later once you have funds saved. And as a newly married couple you may find those funds are needed for other things.

Most of all have fun and don't add too much pressure to your exciting new adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter