Funny Memes

More like the 70's. By the time the 80's arrived people were more drawn to smaller, semi-portable TV's.

Yeah, but there were still a lot of those console style sets in service. We had one in the 90's and we didn't even get it until then. It wasn't really our primary TV as we mostly watched in our rooms, but it was a furniture peice for the den.

How about these 80's style "Big Screen" TVs?

1709926389630.png

Everyone was jealous of these bad boys! Not nearly as heavy though.

Oh, I remember growing up and we had the big console TV into the 80s, and I had a small B&W portable in my room (I think it was formally my dads).
They still existed because they weren't disposable. You could fix them with tubes and the TV repair guy would go right to your house to fix it. (house calls). The seventies started to see a more common sight of smaller Color Tv's. Most of the big units were either black and white or converted color but by the end of the 70's the color ones were far more popular but more expensive thus the reason why they bought the smaller ones to save money. There were so many years that people didn't want to part with their console because it was considered a prestigious piece of furniture so they bought a smaller color set and just put it on top of the console.

They still existed because they weren't disposable. You could fix them with tubes and the TV repair guy would go right to your house to fix it. (house calls). The seventies started to see a more common sight of smaller Color Tv's. Most of the big units were either black and white or converted color but by the end of the 70's the color ones were far more popular but more expensive thus the reason why they bought the smaller ones to save money. There were so many years that people didn't want to part with their console because it was considered a prestigious piece of furniture so they bought a smaller color set and just put it on top of the console.
No, the big TV console we had in the 80s, I remember when it was delivered... new. I remember getting a VCR with it and having to program it because my parents couldn't figure it out. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter