Fun Budget things to do In Fort Meyers/Naples FL Area

libinatorsmom

DIS Veteran
We are headed to Fort Meyers/Naples FL area in Feburary and my daughter and i are looking for some fun things to do that are kid friendly and fun. Not looking to spend a lot of money very budget Mother Daughter Trip. We will be there with my Grandparents that are in their late 80's early 90's so need to take them into account as well - Thanks

I don't know how old your daughter is but my kids enjoy visiting Thomas Edison and Henry Ford's summer homes. I can't remember the cost but it was a fun day trip.

My parents live in Ft. Myers. The last time we were down we had a really nice day at a county park called Lakes Regional Park. They have a splash park area for kids (though Feb might be cold), a really nice regular playscape, plenty of picnic tables, and a rental place for bikes and stuff. We rented a surrey bike and had a great time. Oh yeah, they also have a miniature train that you can ride of for a couple of bucks. I googled it - here's a link: http://www.leeparks.org/facility-info/facility-details.cfm?Project_Num=0101

My mom also mentioned a nature center to check out on our next visit, but I can't remember the name...but she said it was near the Wal Mart, which might ring a bell if you mention it to your grandparents.

We've also enjoyed driving to Captiva and eating at a restaurant called The Bubble Room - fun!

Oh, and free and kind of kitschy is the Shell Factory - a big quintessential FL souvenir/shell store that we have fun poking around.

Or go visit my mom - she'll feed you and show you off to all of her friends and let you drive their golf cart around Del Boca Vista! :rotfl:

The Shell Factory and Nature Park-North Fort Myers. My girls, age 11 at the time, really loved it,so did I. http://www.shellfactory.com/ My Aunt and Uncle live in that area,I'll give em a call and see what they think would be good for you guys.

Paula

Thank you for the info... :) I will put these on my list! We are so excited about it! Cant wait... The Manatees sound fun! I know she wants to see the Ocean.... The Gulf will be close enough

In Naples there is Caribbean Gardens, a pretty cool little zoo/nature preserve..it is larger than it looks.
Sun-n-Fun water park is also in Naples and Tin City has cute shops, dining
Do your Grandparents have fishing gear? We like to fish from Naples pier.
The beach is the main attraction of course :thumbsup2

I love Naples. I don't know how great the Carribean zoo is now, but that might be something. I would go to the Pier, even if it is just to walk to the end and people watch. Lots of people on that area of the beach. Naples just recently opened a children's museum...haven't been there though. Tin city is also a good place to walk around...lots of little shops.

Fort Myers has a couple teams that do spring training there if you want to go to a baseball game. Bonita Springs has a greyhound track that I took my kids to & we all had a lot of fun.

As far as Naples, they have a conservancy that is very interesting to go to. They do a lot of rehab there for injured animals & always have a constant stream of schools doing class trips there. They also have a short boat ride that you can take. The waterpark that is run by Collier county is nice but you'll want to check out there website for the hours in February--I think they're only open on the weekends. We like Tin City too--it's just fun to walk around there. Naples definitely has the best beaches!

You'll love the area & will no doubt find plenty of options--beware of all the traffic from the snowbirds, it's brutal!

In Naples there is Caribbean Gardens, a pretty cool little zoo/nature preserve..it is larger than it looks.
Sun-n-Fun water park is also in Naples and Tin City has cute shops, dining
Do your Grandparents have fishing gear? We like to fish from Naples pier.
The beach is the main attraction of course :thumbsup2

I second Caribbean Gardens and Sun n Fun Lagoon.

We go to Bonita Springs every February, and when the kids (DS and his cousins) were younger, we did Caribbean Gardens every year.

Sun n Fun Lagoon is a great little water park, but in February, it's only open on weekends, and then only if the weather allows.

People watching on Ft Myers beach would be cheap, and spectacular! :laughing:

Wow thanks everyone - mini Golf is a super idea... :) We are staying at my Anut and Uncles house and really looking forward to a warm few days... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter