???Fuel???

LONE-STAR

<font color=green>1000 miles to far from Disney<br
I saw on the news that the east coast is out of fuel. Is this true? Or did the news find one empty gas station. They said it was because of IKE, but we have plenty of fuel down here.

In the Atlanta area.

Last night we went to over 15 gas stations. Only 3 had gas, 1 had a $12 limit, another had a $20 limit and the last one had a 45 plus minute wait that was being directed by local police.

Unfortunately it is all too true this time:rolleyes:

In the Atlanta area.

Last night we went to over 15 gas stations. Only 3 had gas, 1 had a $12 limit, another had a $20 limit and the last one had a 45 plus minute wait that was being directed by local police.

Unfortunately it is all too true this time:rolleyes:

That sucks. Hope it gets better.

All of the Sheetz gas stations here ran out right after Ike because they said that their trucks couldn't get through? :confused3 They were the only one that I saw. But I also saw on the news that the East Coast is supplied from Mississippi and Louisiana and the West cost is supplied from Texas so not sure why Ike would've affected the East Coast? :confused3

I hadn't heard of this. What is the issue? It's not good to hear when we have a trip planned in a few weeks. We don't want to have to drive all over to find gas for the RV's. Is this only in certain areas?

As far as I know there aren't any problems in Maine. Hopefully this is all settled before we head out in 22 days!

I posted this earlier on another thread....we have all sorts of gas stations that are out of gas here!

We live in the Atlanta metro area and many stations are out of gas. We did however just return from WDW on Monday and had no problems finding gas between WDW and here. When we exited near our home, most of the stations did not have priceses listed and we had no idea what was going on until watching the news. They say it's a very short term problem, but I guess we'll see. So as of Monday, you'll be fine as long as you fill up before Atlanta and then anywhere south of here.

According to my newspaper today the western part of NC (west of the Triad area) is still having trouble with shortages, but they say that gas is on the way for the weekend. I haven't seen any shortages east of I95 in NC since the middle of last week. Our prices have even started going back down.

There allott of stations out of gas here in south west Ga....My plant sent us home till next week...Cant get supply's out of Texas....or so they tell us....So here we are No Gas!!! No work!!! no pay check...... Had to cancel trip To Orlando yesterday .....Because there wont be any money left when its all said and done.

I live outside of Charlotte NC and there is no gas in sight!!!!! My dh has been trying to find gas and has failed. :headache:

No problems I'm aware of in Raleigh, NC

Not so here only a little over an hour away. Winston has many stations that have run out. I just happen to pull into a Hess station that had been empty but the truck had just pulled out. Gas prices are still pushing $4. Many stations have the fashionable white bags over the pumps, but they have been getting deliveries. While I was filling "big blue" the lines lengthened quickly. Right place at the right time. Next time Ireally should remember to close my cap before I pull away though. bad blonde.
Loretta

No problems I'm aware of in Raleigh, NC

Let me amend that, the only "shortage" I've seen locally is the MurphyUSA station has only regular unleaded... all three pumps are regular, no plus or premium. I assume they tripled up on regular as a hedge against sporadic deliveries. Gas can be had for as little as $3.68, and I haven't seen a dry station since maybe 4 days after Ike.

(is it poor taste to quote yourself :goodvibes )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter