• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Frustrated with lack of party dates.

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
I book ADR tomorrow and I can't bc Halloween dates haven't been released. I have three plans written out based on possible party nights because our park days revolve around what night we do party. Last year they were out in Feb and it's already March 12th. Just a bit frustrating. :(

It stinks. I'm waiting for them to release the regular park hours calendar for October so I can plan my adrs. I'm hoping that mnsshp dates will be released soon as well. It takes so much energy to effectively plan a dw trip. We shouldn't have to guesstimate hours or party dates.

I'm in the same boat less than a month away for ADR's and we just want to know what date the party we will be attending will be so we make sure we book around it

Feeling the frustration here as well. Our ADR day was this past Monday and there's only one possible party date for us based on the released park hours at this point, so I let that evening open just in case there is one. We went last year and had a great time, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they have earlier parties this year but not getting my hopes up. I really hope they're released soon so I can stop thinking about it lol.

Also feeling your frustration! It's hard to plan out ADRs when we don't know the dates for MNSSHP. :sad2: Fingers crossed they release them soon (as in tomorrow soon)

In years past, if I remember correctly, party dates weren't released until late April. If they released them in Feb last year consider it luck but not the "norm". I would just book ADR's for each night and then release what you don't want once the party dates are released. Yes, it ties up ADR's but thats really the only way to secure what you want until Disney changes the system.

Haven't they been Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday for the past 2 years?

In years past, if I remember correctly, party dates weren't released until late April. If they released them in Feb last year consider it luck but not the "norm". I would just book ADR's for each night and then release what you don't want once the party dates are released. Yes, it ties up ADR's but thats really the only way to secure what you want until Disney changes the system.

My recollection as well.

Haven't they been Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday for the past 2 years?

Much longer than that.

Yes to the days but I don't know what week they will start and its not just a matter of ADR it messes up which days we go to what parks. The day after our party will be a break day and depending what day the party is shifts all the other days around and what parks we go to on which days. Its really frustrating. Disney wants us to plan plan plan and you really have to especially if you want to do the things you want to do but then they can't release info we need. The food and wine Festival dates are out so not sure why they can't release Halloween. Its a bit ridiculous to me.

If it were me, I would pick one of those days as the party day and build around it

Also do they typically have parties on the same day as AM EMH? Because it shows Fridays as their 8am morning and if its thats a party day that seems weird to me.

I can't speak to EMH, but Friday night parties have been the norm for many years now.

Frustrated here as well.
We are doing a mini trip ( Friday Saturday Sunday) and our ADR was today. And since there are not any dates yet, they seem to have cut off reservations for any dinning in the MK after 5:30/5:45

So we just sit and wait I guess?

Frustrated here as well.
We are doing a mini trip ( Friday Saturday Sunday) and our ADR was today. And since there are not any dates yet, they seem to have cut off reservations for any dinning in the MK after 5:30/5:45

So we just sit and wait I guess?

That is so frustrating! It looks like they could just release them. They know people have to plan. Not sure why its so hard to decide what day to start party. Last year it started on a Tuesday so its hard to know if that will be the first night or not and if it will be a week sooner since so many sold out last year.

And since there are not any dates yet, they seem to have cut off reservations for any dinning in the MK after 5:30/5:45

Interesting. I wonder if they are cracking down on people detting ADRs right before 7pm so they could be in the park during the party. Though I know it makes for frustrating planning for some of you, this would be a change I would be happy to see. Last year they let you book up until 6:55pm I believe it was (if you didn't have a party ticket) which would allow you to still be in the park during party hours.

Interesting. I wonder if they are cracking down on people detting ADRs right before 7pm so they could be in the park during the party. Though I know it makes for frustrating planning for some of you, this would be a change I would be happy to see. Last year they let you book up until 6:55pm I believe it was (if you didn't have a party ticket) which would allow you to still be in the park during party hours.

Which would make sense on supposed party nights, but it's EVERY night!! Which means they will open them in the future and i don't get my 180+10 advantage:(

Which would make sense on supposed party nights, but it's EVERY night!! Which means they will open them in the future and i don't get my 180+10 advantage:(

Indeed. We went last year and I remember about 60 days out they opened up a ton of BoG breakfasts and dinners. It was random and they were all gone within 2 hours. There were a few other times/restaurants that happened with too. I was fortunate enough to get one (thanks to being here on the DIS) but for anyone else who didn't happen to be online it was a complete fail. The whole ADR/reservation process is just a crap shoot imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter