Frozen Ever After LIVE reports!

But if the main park opens at 9Am. The only ppl IN THE PARk are those that had a breakfast res. So I should be only dealing with ppl ALREADY in the park Right???

Right, but....there are reports of people skipping their PPO ADRs, and heading directly to the FEA standby line.
Disney is allowing guests who skip the breakfast to enter the line early; they are not held back.
That said, when guests exited Akershus after breakfast at 8:45, there was already a line of people in standby.
I can see this changing very soon. I'm sure Akershus will be a prepaid breakfast.

LOL. We can book ankurust at 9:00 -- we were thinking the same thing AND skipping -- Paying the $40 to skip the hour plus wait.

We rode it in Friday . The queue was beautiful. They really did a great job with it. We watched people's faces as they were disembarking, and all looked confused/bewildered. Not a single smiling face was counted.

After riding, we understood. It was...not a favorite. It started well with Olaf, and then just felt off. So many barren patches, so rushed, all really below what I would expect from Disney taking 2 years to do. All 4 of us were sad that "that was it? That's what took away Maelstrom?".

My younger son, 9, said "If I had waited in that 300 minute line FOR THAT, I would tell Disney I was never coming back".

We would not dedicate more than 10 minutes to it again.

I will say, that was the general feeling of a lot of people we talked to.

After you finish going backwards, then start going forward into the drop.

Oops - sorry. Tried to answer earlier but was waiting for Soarin' and didn't have enough signal for it to go through.

After you finish going backwards, then start going forward into the drop.

Oops - sorry. Tried to answer earlier but was waiting for Soarin' and didn't have enough signal for it to go through.
I figured you were in the park, again! :)

So bummed. Down all afternoon. I had fastpasses, we stuck out the rain, but it never came back up. Unfortunately this was a quick bonus trip before a family dinner at Cape May Cafe and we were sticking to World Showcase so we didn't even have time to use our anytime fastpasses. We're back tomorrow but I'm kind of disgusted now.

Was there tonight and it was closed pretty much all day I was told. I am bummed I didn't get to use my FP for tonight... We are going back to EP on Friday but we have our FP for soarin for Friday. We did get an anytime FP that we can use tomorrow because we couldn't use our FEA FP tonight, but still sad we probably won't get to ride it this trip and I have no idea when we will be back again.

My friend was there today, and the CMs she talked to in the early afternoon had told her it would be down all day. This is getting ridiculous.

We rode it in Friday . The queue was beautiful. They really did a great job with it. We watched people's faces as they were disembarking, and all looked confused/bewildered. Not a single smiling face was counted.

After riding, we understood. It was...not a favorite. It started well with Olaf, and then just felt off. So many barren patches, so rushed, all really below what I would expect from Disney taking 2 years to do. All 4 of us were sad that "that was it? That's what took away Maelstrom?".

My younger son, 9, said "If I had waited in that 300 minute line FOR THAT, I would tell Disney I was never coming back".

This is the general sentiment I have seen as well from non Disney fanatics. I'm on a couple non Disney forums and talk of this ride has been going on since the 5 hour lines made people pay attention, so naturally some people have been watching the ride through videos. They've mostly been like whaaat? What a lame ride.

It seems like a classic dark ride, which is fine, and which is something us Disney fans eat up, but it's not the headliner I would love Epcot to get. And not worth what it seems to have done to World Showcase.

Posted 120 minutes AT ROPE DROP. I checked at 9 am on the dot, before the rope drop crowds could even have gotten there. This is horrible.

ETA: just to clarify...I'm checking the mde app from home.

I absolutely loved the ride.

Posted 120 minutes AT ROPE DROP. I checked at 9 am on the dot, before the rope drop crowds could even have gotten there. This is horrible.

ETA: just to clarify...I'm checking the mde app from home.
Last week, the Attraction CMs were posting the 120 minute wait time at 8:30a. My CM friend is based in offices directly behind Norway and fellow CMs were walking by Norway before park open to view the line and note the wait time.

Possibly quite exaggerated at that time of the day.

Last week, the Attraction CMs were posting the 120 minute wait time at 8:30a. My CM friend is based in offices directly behind Norway and fellow CMs were walking by Norway before park open to view the line and note the wait time.

Possibly quite exaggerated at that time of the day.

I have an akersus adr before the park opens. I don't have a burning desire to ride this, but I had hoped to do rope drop if I could get through in less than 30 minutes. I could probably be in line before 8:45, but not if it's a 2 hour wait.

So today was my 30 days out (we are staying off site) and I was able to grab a FP for Froway but not until the afternoon (we have 4:40-5:40) ... my concern is if the ride breaks down and is closed for the rest of the day - how does that work with having a FP? I read reports of people getting anytime FP but can you use them on another day for Froway or only for other attractions that day?

We have a 2nd EPCOT day but my plan was to get a FP for Soarin' for that day as hitting up both attractions during the vacation is a goal - but Froway is the #1 priority for the kids

OK, maybe (probably) it's just me.

I'm looking forward to our FEA fastpass. I'm curious about what they've done, and expect to enjoy FEA.

But it's simply not THAT big a deal. If the ride is down, we'll take the FP I hope they give us, and we'll try later in the day.

And if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. We're doing Soarin as our Tier 1 FP the other Epcot day.

This vacation to WDW is so much more than one brand new ride. It's so much more than ANY ride.

I simply don't get the hysteria.

OK, maybe (probably) it's just me.

I'm looking forward to our FEA fastpass. I'm curious about what they've done, and expect to enjoy FEA.

But it's simply not THAT big a deal. If the ride is down, we'll take the FP I hope they give us, and we'll try later in the day.

And if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. We're doing Soarin as our Tier 1 FP the other Epcot day.

This vacation to WDW is so much more than one brand new ride. It's so much more than ANY ride.

I simply don't get the hysteria.

Well, anything new gets made into a big deal and then I think it just builds on itself ... people think it is a new, big deal thing so lines grow, other people read about the lines and determine they need to figure out a way to ride the thing with the big lines which adds to the lines and cycle and repeat

my kids are still pretty into Frozen and they are pretty excited for the ride for our trip next month - I know we won't wait 5 hours or anything for it but as I have no idea the next time we will be able to get to WDW (likely a few years) I think we might wait an hour or so. Hopefully it doesn't breakdown and we get to use the FP we got for the afternoon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter