Frozen Ever After LIVE reports!

I did the breakfast this morning and walked into the frozen line as about the 14th person in standby. Reservation was for 8a and went in thru the international gateway. Security didn't let anyone they until about 8:05a but told us not to worry that Akershus would know why we are late. As if I cared about Akershus :)

They made us walk down via Mexico. Got in line at Akershus and was in the door around 8:20. We had time to eat but it was rushed. My daughter only got to meet with 3 princesses, but that really wasn't the point and she was okay with it. Just be aware to get in line for frozen before the herd arrives you need to be out the door by 8:50-8:55.

We left at about 8:45 to be safe. I had paid at the start of the meal to keep us from stressing or missing our time because the server was slammed. I wanted to make sure we were close enough to the front of the line to get on a boat before the ride broke down.

We were about 14-15th in line and got to watch the throngs of people marching in like an invading army from Rope Drop.

Ride opened about 20 minutes late but was a good ride and worth the breakfast (but not 3 hours of waiting).

Thank you! We're going to try this on the 4th also, but it is sounding like I am going to need a bucket of luck... :tilt:

Reports are that it's down again, people have been evacuated and they are draining the ride From twitter

I find it hard to believe that they can quickly drain and refill the entire ride (not saying it's not true, just that I'm having trouble comprehending it). That's a lot of water. I know when the pool at our high school had be to drained, it would be a multi-hour process at best -- and there were no boats floating in it. The ride was down this morning (we got a message because we had FP for 12-1). We hung out in Mexico and China waiting for the lines to open up again. We watched the app and noticed the ride was back online when we checked it at 12:40. We headed right over and got in the FP line. We were on the ride by 1:10. The standby line was closed by the time we got off the ride and the FP line was stretched almost to Germany. Very glad we noticed it was open when we did -- we only had to stand in the sun for about 5 minutes before we were in the building for the rest of our wait. I will mention that it looked like they were doing about a 50/50 split between FP and Standby at the merge -- which we found odd since there were a lot of people coming through FP since the ride had been down. Not surprised the ended up closing the standby line.

Our family really liked the ride but all agreed we wouldn't wait more than 30-40 minutes (tops) for it. We would certainly not be in those 3+ hour lines.

I did the breakfast this morning and walked into the frozen line as about the 14th person in standby. Reservation was for 8a and went in thru the international gateway. Security didn't let anyone they until about 8:05a but told us not to worry that Akershus would know why we are late. As if I cared about Akershus :)

They made us walk down via Mexico. Got in line at Akershus and was in the door around 8:20. We had time to eat but it was rushed. My daughter only got to meet with 3 princesses, but that really wasn't the point and she was okay with it. Just be aware to get in line for frozen before the herd arrives you need to be out the door by 8:50-8:55.

We left at about 8:45 to be safe. I had paid at the start of the meal to keep us from stressing or missing our time because the server was slammed. I wanted to make sure we were close enough to the front of the line to get on a boat before the ride broke down.

We were about 14-15th in line and got to watch the throngs of people marching in like an invading army from Rope Drop.

Ride opened about 20 minutes late but was a good ride and worth the breakfast (but not 3 hours of waiting).

Thanks so much for the helpful info! We have an 8:00 scheduled in a little over a month. Do you think that using the IG entrance got you to Akershus quicker than the regular one would? We will be staying at POR but I could
Uber to that side if I thought it would help! (Can you tell I'm excited for this ride!)

Wonderful report, thank you! We have an 8:05 next week and hoping we have the same luck! Just want to be clear - when you left breakfast you were able to walk directly to the ride and get in line? Before anyone had been let in from where they were being held at Mexico? So anyone in line ahead of you would have come from Akershus as well? And any advantage world be lost if you exited breakfast after they allowed RD folks in, then, right?

Correct, anyone in line in front of us came from Akershus. No one else was being allowed in the park to my knowledge.

IG was probably slower than the main entrance, but not by much. There were probably 8 parties in front of us when we arrived and most did not show up from IG. There were others from Main Gate behind us. So the time is pretty even. They did make us go the long way (I think) around thru Mexico.

Correct, anyone in line in front of us came from Akershus. No one else was being allowed in the park to my knowledge.

IG was probably slower than the main entrance, but not by much. There were probably 8 parties in front of us when we arrived and most did not show up from IG. There were others from Main Gate behind us. So the time is pretty even. They did make us go the long way (I think) around thru Mexico.
Thank you! Yes, that's definitely the long way to Norway, but I suspect bag check is faster at IG?

Quick update - got in line with FPP at 7:15pm; got on the ride at 7:45pm. They really seemed to be allowing a lot of standby in relative to FPP so not sure if they were trying to get the line down before closing.

Thanks so much for the helpful info! We have an 8:00 scheduled in a little over a month. Do you think that using the IG entrance got you to Akershus quicker than the regular one would? We will be staying at POR but I could
Uber to that side if I thought it would help! (Can you tell I'm excited for this ride!)
I was wondering the same thing!

Replying to the comments about draining the ride... not a big deal at all. Its a flume ride, all flume rides whether in an amusement park or EPCOT work inherently the same way. (the first flume rides, Its A Small World and Pirates of the Caribbean were designed by Arrow Dynamics, who built most of the amusement park flumes in the country too). Once the pumps go off, the water drains, once the pumps re-start the ride can probably fill in a matter of minutes.

Basically... losing water is not anything I would be worried or concerned about, and does not infer that the ride will be down any longer then any other type of technical issue.

Jennifer

Had a fast pass for today for 3:45-4:45. Ride shut down again around 3:30. They said fast pass would be good all night long. Walked around and returned at 4:45 and they had started letting FP only in. Waited about 15 minutes and rode. It was very well done. Worth waiting for (but not hours). By the time we got off the ride they had resumed taking stand-bys- about 90 minute wait.

If you have a fast pass- dont cancel and dont give up. Ride seems to break down as often as Maelstrom did. Also dont give up on the Anna Elsa meet and greet- it was only a 15 minute wait.

I sure hope this doesn't become a FP+ only ride. We can't get fast passes until 30 days out and my daughter would be rather sad if we don't get to ride this, as I've all ready hyped it up a bit.... my bad....

I sure hope this doesn't become a FP+ only ride. We can't get fast passes until 30 days out and my daughter would be rather sad if we don't get to ride this, as I've all ready hyped it up a bit.... my bad....
I really hope not either cause as a Silver AP holder I can only book 30 days out {we are staying on property in Nov but sadly even then we can't book 60 days out as our passes expire 4 days before our check in date so unless we renew early and eat the cost of 2 months no advantage for us}

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter