FROZEN 2 officially announced by Iger at shareholder's meeting

Well, can't say that I blame them. There's definitely money to be had there. Very few of the Disney Animation Studios productions have been sequels, but there are some. Usually the sequels are many, many years apart, Rescuers/Down Under, for example. As long as they have good people on it and make a quality film then I have no problem with it.

Well, can't say that I blame them. There's definitely money to be had there. Very few of the Disney Animation Studios productions have been sequels, but there are some. Usually the sequels are many, many years apart, Rescuers/Down Under, for example. As long as they have good people on it and make a quality film then I have no problem with it.

Maybe Fantasia 2000?

Pixar has been putting out sequels of course.

Most Disney sequels have been lower cost direct to video that don't really attract much attention. Planes was originally created as direct to video, but during production they thought enough of the completed results to boost the budget and make it more suitable for theatrical release. They had a sequel (Planes: Fire & Rescue), but I heard that was planned as part of a direct to video franchise. I understand that the prep work regarding working with woodland firefighting crews was done well before Planes was completed.

Yeah, I wasn't counting the direct-to-video sequels, most of which aren't worth mentioning. They also were not made by the Feature Animation division, but DisneyToon studios. Fantasia 2000 is kind of a sequel, plus there are two Winnie the Pooh movies the came MANY years apart. Also, one might say that Three Caballeros is a sequel to Saludos Amigos, even though both are package films of shorts. They do use the same characters.

Yeah, I wasn't counting the direct-to-video sequels, most of which aren't worth mentioning. They also were not made by the Feature Animation division, but DisneyToon studios. Fantasia 2000 is kind of a sequel, plus there are two Winnie the Pooh movies the came MANY years apart. Also, one might say that Three Caballeros is a sequel to Saludos Amigos, even though both are package films of shorts. They do use the same characters.

Several of the DisneyToon sequels were released in theaters in the US, and most of the direct to video movies were released in theaters overseas.

I guess Planes was sort of kind of like a sequel to Cars. The animation style was definitely similar to Cars, and the animation quality was first rate. Some of the main characters were fleshed out in a Pixar short (Air Mater) and they even shared a character (a racing announcer).

I'm so very excited about Frozen 2!! I really enjoyed and love the first movie and can't wait to see the sequel!!

(not giving any spoilers) After coming from the theater and seeing Frozen Fever, I was already pretty sure it was a done deal for a 2 or a TV spin off. I'm a big Frozen fan for some not so usual reasons. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

oh yeah milking this one! lets hope its a cinematic release and not like those straight to VHS films we got in the 90s lol
there is only a handfull of the sequels i like of Disneys. lets hopenthey dont ruin what they have built with this film!

For Frozen 2 I'm a bit confused, I don't see what else they could do really. It seems interesting though

For Frozen 2 I'm a bit confused, I don't see what else they could do really. It seems interesting though

Aye, there's the rub. They have to come up with an original unique story that plays off what made Frozen so great (the relationships) but doesn't seem repetitive. That is a tough job. It is doable, but it is going to take time and work. Look at all that went into creating the first movie! Well have to wait and see. I hope they take their time and come up with a really good story.

I'm not surprised..... But I really want to see squeals to Big Hero 6. That has lots of room to grow.

sailorstitch

I have high hopes for this actually, I'm sure they will invest the time and effort to protect one of their most profitable assets. Maybe that's just my wishful thinking though :P

I am hoping that there is going to be a new main antagonist for this film.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter