• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Oil Wells to Jingle Bells-Bells,pg.66, See you in September!

You know, I was minding my own business, reading about previous trips and I came across this.
And since this report is still sitting here, well,,,, thought I just throw this in also.
Kind of a long chapter, has parts of two trips in it to show that I figured out how to use a digital camera.

And, of course, how to really push the envelope on getting/avoiding trouble!

From "shrunk the checkbook", you will see that little has changed over the years.

This is going to hurt.

I'm warning you ahead of time, it's gonna hurt.

I have learned a long time ago that if I do karaoke, sing for myself, not for others.
Not everyone is going to like my song choices, or even my voice for that matter, so I don't worry about it.

The same rules apply to writing.

I write for myself, first, and if I make myself laugh, then my work is done.
It's done better if others laugh too, of course.

So.....

You have been WARNED!

First things first;

I have mentioned many times of my hatred for dolls. And the "Talking Tina" doll from the Twilight Zone ranks right up there.

You are about to experience the reason that Justified fear has not diminished over the ages. "Ages" being from when that Twilight Zone episode aired, up to the ripe old age of 53.

I wan't you to meet what I have had to come face to face with every morning, sitting on the shelf at the bottom of the staircase. And if I move it, Diane just puts it back and makes fun of me.

God, I hope it's Diane that's moving it back.
There was a time once when I saw it early, then on my way back down from the bathroom, ten minutes later, it was totally moved.
And I was the only one up that morning.

Diane said it must have been the vibrations on the staircase.
Yeah, right.

She hates me!

Meet Howdy Doody!

howdy.jpg

Hey, don't blame me if that image wakes you up in the middle of the night, blame Diane.

Yeah, Ol' Howdy almost made me do Doody on more than a couple of occasions.

By the way, that picture came from my DIGITAL CAMERA!

You can put it on the boarrrrrd, YES!

gee, hope it works here.

Wednsday, Animal Kingdom, EMH night.

That morning I woke up mumbling Dawa Bar to myself, and wondering why.
Took me about an hour to remember and I told Di that we are supposed to meet John, Jill and Kim there around five.

So we are doing the split stay again, and we are driving.

Sometimes the worst waits for busses is around 11 in the morning, it seems that's when all the busses take their nap, so why risk sitting there, we'll just drive. Plus, we have our AAA Diamond Card, which entitles us to "special parking' at all the parks.

We got the card on the may trip, and it's only supposed to be used for that trip. But hey, the expiration date says Dec. 31, and who am I to argue with and expiration date.
(gee, hope my birth certificate doesn't have one, THEN I'll argue.)

Our departure from the room met with an unexpected delay, however.

There, right at the end of the walkway on our floor is the "Mother Lode."

2 fully dressed brand spanking new housekeeper's carts.
And better yet, apparently, abandoned!

Diane went nuts.

We normally hang out the "do not disturb" sign, especially when we do split park stays a lot. Eventually, however, we need stuff. Then she's off usually scrambling.

BUt the MOTHER LODE, BABY! We won't need a maid for 3 days!

She grabs some TP, some Mickey shampoo, but the real ore strike was the garbage bags.

Now taking these made me feel a little bit guilty. Oh yes, we will use them, garbage always grows really well in our room, even without a south facing window.
I gave her a funny look when she ripped off 3 bags and handed them to me.

She said "Hey, they're just going to throw them out anyway."

Hmm, garbage,,, throw,,,, Boy, when she's right, she is RIGHT!

After stashing our booty, we were on our way.
At the gate we were told to follow the "green" line. Ah yes, the AAA, v.i.p. line, boy, do I feel special!

"What green line?"

On the side of the road, Diane pointed out to me a green line, which was right next to a blue one. So I started driving and just stared at the green line.

Man o man, that parking lot is HUGE!
After a while, the blue line made a left turn, but we kept on following the greeny. I think the blue line was just AA, or maybe even A or the rookie league, but we are still on the AAA path.

Finally we came to a folding stand up sign and an attendent, he pointed us to the first spot right next to him after checking our card again, and we parked. It was front row, but still a bit of a walk to the main entrance.

As a matter of fact, I could have gotten closer since it is still 15 minutes to rope drop, but hey, This is V.I.P. Parking, Baby!

You are now going to see the extent of how Christmassy Animal Kingdom gets.

aktree012.jpg

Yep, that's about it.

With EMH tonight starting at six, we totally skipped getting any fastpasses for the day, no need to. So, for the first time in ages, we joined the rush to Kilimanjaro Safari.

I've never been much of a fan of this attraction. I think the whole "Big Red" and the poaching thing is stupid, and I really don't get much thrill out of seeing a giraffe 20 feet away, or I guess 5 feet away for that matter.
But it's been a while since we tried it, and at least you get to sit down for a while, which, with my foot acting up, was given high priority.

The thing is, with Diane, in the morning you had better be prepared to just about run. She sees a crowd heading for a ride and she just about panics. Oh yes, it's so important to be in the first truck, if we missed it might just as well go home.

Made the first truckload, sat near the back and I was panting.
Almost choked on my Slim Jim.

Inside the truck are a lot of little signs of critters all over the place, critters that we may or may not be able to view on this trip. I started reading them, so of course the truck then starts up. I'm a compulsive reader, once I start, I like to finish what ever it is. But it's really hard when your eyes are bouncing in your head.

I had started reading the plaque about wildebeast, also known as gnues.

Diane saw me.
"What are you reading?"

"Gnues"
"You're reading the news?"
"Yes."

She glanced at the sign, the sign said wildebeast, "Those are animals"
"Yes, gnues."
"Oh."

"Animals are news?"
"No, gnues are animals."

"Oh."

And I told her that they can run up to forty miles an hour.
"So, gnues travel fast?"

"Yes."

Also that when provoked and angry, they will sometimes charge a jeep.
"You're telling me that there are good gnues and bad gnues?"

"Yes."

The tour guide directed our attention to the left side of the truck then.

I asked her, "What's over there?"

"Just some a big cat sprawled out in the grass."

"Oh, a lyin' lion?"

"Yes."

At the end of our trip, I mentioned to her that we never did see a gnu.

"After what you told me about them," she said, "It sounds like no gnues is good gnues."

"Yes."

I know, we should be beaten.

Since I am not doing a feb trip report, AND, since I have gotten a little of the hang of that digital camera, I'm going to take some liberties here, and post some pics that were from february, cuz otherwise they are just going to sit there in cyberspace. Yes, I like to add the date to most of my pics, so you can tell which ones are from when.
A couple of random shots taken :

ak.jpg

ee.jpg

They do seem a little bit darker sitting in Pbucket then they did on my camera, not sure why that is. We'll see how they post.

Allright, it's time to confess again. Once again, we never did see Devine, I thought about it in the room, but once we got there it was totally out of both of our minds.

Again.

Before you all start calling me the ultimate dolt, can we fast forward to february once again? At least I will finally get this monkey, or monkweed, off my back.

Diane saw her first, and I had the camera up in a heartbeat.

devine1.jpg

In my joy, I still had the presence of mind to realize that by now, there's a good chance that no one will believe me, so I handed her the camera and told her to fire when I'm next to her.

devine2.jpg

I finally took it back to get a close up of her.

devinecloseup.jpg

And there you have it. Mission finally accomplished. The only thing I can think of is that she can't be photographed with an old film type camera, it wasn't until I got the digital that she appeared.

After Safari we went to EE where I did a single rider line, then headed over to Finding Nebo, the Moronical.

I'll say it again, I love this show more every time I see it, Diane also.

I mean she loves it more every time also.
Wait, I do love her more all the time too.

I didn't mean....

Geesh! How do I get in these messes?

That was pretty much it for the morning. We walked back to the car and in a half hour were down by the pool. I have a fond spot in my stomach for this pool, even if it's down on my list. This is where Diane was once secretly attacked by a bird of prey while lying on her stomach. It was great fun to watch this big blackbird walk around on her back as she kept yelling at me to "Knock it Off!" See earlier trip report.

By four thirty we were at the bus stop, gonna let Disney take us back this time.

And we are PACKING!

"SunnyD?"
"Check."
"Little bottles of whiskey?"
"Check."
"Litle bottles of vodka?"
"Check."

And silently I'm going to myself, "Couple of vikes in the pocket?"
"Check."

Haven't had a drink or a pill all day. But meeting the Ohineys tonight, best be prepared for a lot of walking ,, or anything.

Diane led us to the Dawa Bar, no way I can find anything in that park, including Expedition Everest. We got our wrist bands at the gate, and it's already darking out.

On our way to the bar, John had already spotted us from a table on the veranda. (boy, I always wanted to be able to have to use that word)

He's over by a table yelling "Cold beer here, Getcha cold beer here."

They each had one and had already bought one for each of us.
Now, that's friends!

And trust.

Not like they would have gone to waste if we hadn't shown up though.

These things are huge! Whatever happened to the 12 ounce cup?

It was approaching six, so we decided to head over and take the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch, the Conservation Station, or whatever they call it now since they had never done it.

Caught the last train out there, and believe me, it was like getting to Six Flags right at closing time. Nobody was there, and I'm including workers.

Sorry, cast members.

Diane and I have done this a few times before, but now I just feel like an idiot for suggesting it. Normally, there is a girl holding a snake, talking about it and letting people pet it. Not today.

Even Diane said, "Where's the snake?"

"I don't know."

Finally I saw an employee, and I went up to him and asked him where the big pine snake is hiding. He told me that it's about ready to shed, it's skin is already flaking and he's really ornery.

Diane saw me talking to him, and asked me when I got back.

If you don't know where this is going, shame on you, for not knowing me.

It was just about handed to me on a silver platter, I just wish Jill and Kim hadn't just walked away at that time.

"So, what did the guy say?" Diane asked.

"He said he's suffering from Reptile Dysfunction."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah, he doesn't want to take it out, it's all flaky and squirmy, and just hates to be handled right now."

(ok, I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the posters now, PLEASE use extreme caution if you should quote that line, and the concept in which you quote it in. Remember, we don't want to have to say goodbye permanently yet to our Ol Uncle Nebo, I stll have a few days left.)

so to speak.

Honestly, this whole side trip was pretty much a waste of time. On the way back to the Dawa Bar, we side tracked to "The Screaming Kids" show, or as I think Melinda calls it, "The Tree of Tears."

Yes, I'm talking about "It's Tough to be a Bug." Scares the hell out of anyone younger than 6.

But tonight it was empty, I don't think there was 40 people in the whole theatre.

Soon we were back at the bar. John wanted to buy again, but for some reason I was able to talk him out of it.

Damn, he gives up easily!

We are going to leave this montage of misfits for the evening, hopefully, (Mod willing), we'll continue on shortly. goodnight, neebs:grouphug:

Nebo, nebo, nebo! Fantastic blast from the past!

I have to agree about Howdy Doody-yikes!:scared:

Unattended Housekeeping carts-:thumbsup2! Almost like a Christmas present!

Great decision to use that VIP parking...

I refuse to comment about the gnues section.

I’m impressed with the DeVine sighting! I saw her once years ago but did not have the presence of mind to take a picture of her.

Lanai. That’s the word I’ve always wanted to use in a sentence, Lanai. Sort of like veranda, no?

I absolutely refuse to comment about the snake. I’m ashamed to say that I did not see it coming!:rolleyes1

So glad to see you are still posting and keeping the thread alive! Hopefully it can stretch out to September or even earlier if you do a pre-trip!! Love it :cool1:!

I know this is over, but so are my classes and I have 2 weeks of nothing to do and i am not knowing what to do with all of this free time.

So, being the horrible friend that I have been I am finally coming back to finish reading, catch up, comment although it will be like the blonde who gets the punch line a week late, but who cares? right?

Hope you are well and do I even ask how the quitting is going??? where is the duck icon?

Yes, I know, it's my fault, I'm not letting it go quietly into that good night.

My problem is I'm still catching up with reading the old reports. If it sounds vain to you, I totally underst and.
Vein?
No, I had it right, vain.
Pretty sure it's not vane.

But I'd keep coming up on something that would really strike me funny, and since this is still here, well, just gotta post it.

And yes, the "reptile" line was probably my crowning accomplishment to me in all my trip reports, I had more fun that night writing that chapter,,,,,

I am basically tacking on this addendum cuz one of my favorite people just posted again, Monica.
Unfortunately, Monica has never quite learned how to play when all the other kids are playing. She's the one that goes around yelling in the gangways at ten at night,,,,,,,"YO-oh Nebo!" "Yo-oh Smidgy!" , and our folks would tell her to go home where she belongs.

Mony, yeah, we are still not smoking, unbelievable, ain't it? Great to see you still sticking with your schooling, really proud of you!

More than likely I will start a short pre trip, of course depending on if it's worth doing a report at all.
If i do, I will try to give you all that I think of heads ups,,,, but don't you think idt would be great if once in a while Smidgy would write a chapter?

She sees it as competition, i see it as a relief pitcher and a change of view point, remember Archie and Mike's different views on the robber?

Ok, this is it gang, for sure, startin to get a bit gamey up here. Since I'm already here, you'd think I'd have one last leftover to leave you,,,,,,,but I dun't. Shoot, gotta find sumpin....

I was into scamming at an early age.
WHen I was in kindergarten, I once traded my plain milk for my best friends' chocolate milk. The problem was he was being raised in a mafioso family. And everyone knows Chocalate milk is the better deal.

If I didn't know it then, I knew it the next day.

The next day my tricycle exploded.

Before we got caught by the bridge, which I am very glad to hear that some of you haven't seen go up either, we spent time in Mexico, and if you can see anything in there, I'm told it was very pretty. ( bridge by China goes up like a drawbridge to let the fireworks barges out with the planet)

Mexico has no lights inside, nada.
I was blind as a mole rat, so Diane just grabbed my belt and yanked me around. I want to open up a flashlight stand in there.
After riding It's a Small Mexican World, we then got caught by the bridge.

Just enough time left for a quick smoke, we walked past an incredible line for the Candlelight Processional. This was the big advantage of having the dining plan now, we stuck the stickers we got at Coral Reef on our shirts, and entered from the left side of the theater with about twenty minutes to go.

For the five o'clock show it was still light out, and this could have taken a little bit out of it.

First the orchestra took their seats, then singers and choir groups from all over the country slowly walk in wearing robes and holding candles. This is then followed by cast members, and then a specialty choir.

The entire stage was just packed! Had to be at least 600 people on this wooden stage.
Over in the corner I see a small plaque on the wall,
"Maximum occupancy 60 people".

After a song, the guest narrator came out. Now, here we go, I'm going to get in trouble here.
I think her name is Monique Coleman, no, I"ve never heard of her before, I'm told she is one of the stars from High School Musical. But she's young, and still has that teenage girl's type of voice. You know, the voice that Lindsay and Brittany were supposed to grow out of by now?
But all they grow out of is there underwear?

But Miss Coleman was good:

She would read part of the Christmas story, then it would lead into a song.
It was terrific! Even I got goosebumps a couple of times, even though I wasn't crazy about the way my favorite song, "Oh Holy Night" got jazzed up a bit.

Miss Coleman was better than I thoiught doing this, but no James Earl Jones, you know?

As I said, it was the sound of her voice. A little valley girlish.

You know?

I kept waiting for her to say something like:

"And then, like, these three dudes came from the east, like, bringing these gifts. Yeah, two of them brought, like, gold and frankensense, you know? Then the third one said, "My bad, all I have is myrrh." "

No, that didn't happen, but I was like, expecting it, you know?

Well, the show was proceeding just nicely, warm and fuzzy feelings all around.

Until what passes for my mind had to get in the act.

It's like this, those of you that know me now, know how I like to play with words, and change words or lyrics to poems or songs.

And that is exactly what I had done a few weeks earlier, all because my beloved Bears stunk up the league this year. Once the Christmas carols started on the radio, I couldn't help but start adding my own words to one of them.

If they wouldn't have performed that song, all would have been ok.

But they did.
At the Candlelight Processional. Which I guess is now my Candellight Confessional:

And all my brain is hearing is the butchered version I made up. ( you have to get the timing down, as you read it)

The Little Drummer Boy.

"My Bears get beaten like a drum dum dum, dum."

"My sundays really are no fun dum dum, dum."

"The coaches treat us like we're dumb, dum dum, dum."

"Grossman our quarterback's a bum, bum bum, bum, no shotgun gun gun, gun, just run run run, run."

"We never get to say we won dum dum, dum."

"I'm done done done, done."

See what I mean? That can suck a little of the warm fuzzy feeling outta the show.

I can't help it, it's just me. :laughing:

I liked the show a lot. Diane loved it. I wanted to see if everbody in line got into the first show, but it was too hard to tell.

One thing that dissapointed me was that the entire time, the singers are all holding candles, I was sure I'd catch one of them accidentally blowing out their candle while singing, but I never caught one.

I know, the things I look for!
One girl almost fainted though, she was in the front row and just sat down in the middle of a song. Within 30 seconds three morlocks flew out of the sides, one replaced her while the other two hauled the stricken one away, to be eaten I presumed.

Since we were dropped off at the front, we had to look at the board to see what our bus stop number was. I think it was #23 out of 20. Yeah, they have a lot of respect for the All Stars here. By the tiime we reached our bus stop, we were at MGM. But we're way ahead of the crowd and a bus pulled up soon.

Sitting on the bus, I could'nt wait to get back and make a drink in our room, and then take part in our ritual that we do every time we check into a resort, which is explore. Well, we did, and that's when we learned about pop warner.

It was like each section had it's own gang.
In Country Fair it was the Warriers.
In Rock Inn, the Sharks and the Jets were ready to go at it.

Groups of "chaperones" were all hangin around the picnic area in the back, beer cans everywhere.
We did find a spot they seemed to have missed, it's in the back of Broadway, a pretty little garden with benches. Around ten thirty most of the kids were all passed out from shooting up so we went to the food court for our first counter service meal.

I got a hot dog with fries. I think Smidgy did too. One more stop at a smoking area, and it was time for bed. I fall asleep easily, not so for Diane. I awoke about one in the morning, hearing her pleading on the telephone to make the kids go to their rooms.

Next morning, rope drop at MK.

I discovered one thing. You know how after park hours, buildings are painted, every bit of scrap is removed and the parks are made spotless?

Not so at the resort.

On the way to the bus stop, garbage was all over. Pizza boxes, bottles, cans, you name it. Sitting on a rock was a cell phone. Diane picked it up, and on the way to turn it in, it rang.

"Hey, it's ringing!"

"A phone, ring? Get out!" Yes, I had the snarky meter turned on.

"Should I answer it?'

"Sure, maybe there's a reward. Or you can demand fifty bucks in a refillable mug if they ever want to see their cell phone alive again."

So she answered it.

It was a telemarketer. :rotfl2:

\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\ That's it, honest, let's all hope for a humorous trip in September,,,, and make sure to let us know if you will also be there.... hugs, neb and smiggy

Okay, I'll just say it... I'm not reading your reposts... :scared1: Wait! Wait! Don't turn the channel just yet! I'm not reading them because I want to read the TRs in their entirety during the great privation between this TR and the next. So I'm not ignoring them so much as I'm preparing to savour them during... your not buying this are you? Me neither. I just wanna read 'em later, nuff said?

However...

You don't get off Scott free here...

heh, heh, heh...

Yes, I know, it's my fault, I'm not letting it go quietly into that good night.

Not your style. :sad2:

My problem is I'm still catching up with reading the old reports. If it sounds vain to you, I totally underst and.
Vein?
No, I had it right, vain.
Pretty sure it's not vane.

Wether it is nobler to feign being vain in vain about one's veins or weather vanes is the question.

And yes, the "reptile" line was probably my crowning accomplishment to me in all my trip reports, I had more fun that night writing that chapter,,,,,

la la la la la la la la... I can't hear you! What? Are you one of those people who shout out "The butler did it!" at the beginning of a movie, or something?

I am basically tacking on this addendum cuz one of my favorite people just posted again, Monica.
Unfortunately, Monica has never quite learned how to play when all the other kids are playing. She's the one that goes around yelling in the gangways at ten at night,,,,,,,"YO-oh Nebo!" "Yo-oh Smidgy!" , and our folks would tell her to go home where she belongs.

Oh, sure. She's one of your faves... but then you say she belongs in a home... :sad2: Shame, really.

Mony, yeah, we are still not smoking, unbelievable, ain't it?

All kidding aside, good for you both. :woohoo:

More than likely I will start a short pre trip

YES!

of course depending on if it's worth doing a report at all.

Sorry, didn't hear that last part.

If i do, I will try to give you all that I think of heads ups,,,, but don't you think idt would be great if once in a while Smidgy would write a chapter?

::yes::

She sees it as competition, i see it as a relief pitcher and a change of view point, remember Archie and Mike's different views on the robber?

Got me on this one... All in the Family? :confused3

That's it, honest, let's all hope for a humorous trip in September,,,, and make sure to let us know if you will also be there.... hugs, neb and smiggy

Only in spirit... or in my dreams... :goodvibes

Love the reposts!!

The first time I saw the Candlelight Processional, Monique Coleman was narrating and I also was pretty impressed. She seemed totally into it.

Last December when I went (same week and resort as you and Smidgy if I remember correctly) it was Corbin Bernsen. He sucked. He came across as pompous and not genuine in the least. And at the very end he tried to do his best acting job of the night when he went into this long diatribe about how meaningful this was and how it was the greatest thing he had ever done in his life. It was so transparent and everyone around me rolled their eyes right along with me.

That being said when the choir starts to sing I have to admit that I get teary eyed. Not as teary eyed as I did when Plaxico Burress caught that TD to beat the Pats and destroy their undefeated season, therefore forcing me to see and hear about the 1972 Dolphins for the rest of my life, but teary eyed just the same.

Looking forward to the September pre-trip report!

Jay

well nebo, mike and archie disagreed about what happened with the plumber's helper (and I don't mean the plunger!:rotfl:) not a robber. achie had him as a militant with a huge afro, mike had him as an Uncle tom, and archie said he pulled a knife, like a big machete, mike said no knife. edith retold the true dtory, and it was a tiny pocketknife to eat his apple.

jakey, we skipped that cause of the cold and nebo's back. no matter, the narrator I really wanted to see, sasan lucci, didn't fit our schedule at all. sigh!

still no smoking!!!:banana: now .. to lose this extra weight...

Hey Smidgy!

It was freezing cold that week. I had been one other time in December of '08 (when I saw Monique Coleman) and it was in the low 80's all week so I didn't see the cold coming at all, and totally didn't pack for it. I froze my way through the parks last December and kind of hated it. I'm back again the same week this year (I have a yearly healthcare conference in Orlando each year on that same week) and hoping it's not nearly as cold, though this time I'll pack for it, just in case.

I was also at Pop when you were there. If I had know, I would of shared a fuzzy cup beverage with you!!

Hope all is well and congrats on staying smoke free!! Huge accomplishment for the two of you and something to be proud of for sure!

Jay

well nebo, mike and archie disagreed about what happened with the plumber's helper (and I don't mean the plunger!:rotfl:) not a robber. achie had him as a militant with a huge afro, mike had him as an Uncle tom, and archie said he pulled a knife, like a big machete, mike said no knife. edith retold the true dtory, and it was a tiny pocketknife to eat his apple.

Ah! Now I remember. Thanks Smidgy! :goodvibes

I'm reading "Honey, I shrunk the checkbook" now. I have to say it is really, really funny. Here I was thinking DH and I could invite you and Smidgy to meet us at Rose and Crown in September, but I guess that one is completely off the table unless we all want to take a walk on the wild side and eat part of the creature from the black lagoon. Gack! I'm a pretty conservative eater so you have pretty much cured me of ANY desire to eat, at the minimum, the fish and chips at R&C. I'll take dry swallow vikes any day of the week over that thing! :)

Now I'm going back to my regularly scheduled program of DH and I reading at least one chapter in your TR. The kids are down for the night and now it's time to sit back and read a little Nebo!

We are heading to the World in about two weeks with the kids for a few days. We live fairly close, in SC, so it's about a 7 hour drive for us. We have never been in May before. Any tips, Nebo or Smidgy?

Great job on the no smoking! :thumbsup2

Marking my spot page 108.

Just a few thoughts, you could have saved tons booking a trip to Lambeau field instead of Disney, fuzzy cups, made me fell like they were an oxymoron this trip, thanks for posting my favorite picture of you primping in the mirror, I've read a few of your TR's twice, and I've printed them out, you know I idolize you.

Boy, um, Monica, please don't use words like that when referring to me, not only am I blushing but I believe there was a collective "GACK!" from everybody else. Ponzi, hopefully we'll have plenty of weird stuff to talk about next Septermber, you can tear up my reports to your heart's content.]

Can't believe we were at the same resort during the same time Jay, and yes, obviously the cold totally took me by surprise too. Better luck to you for next year, just remember to get that pool guy for me, I don't care how you do it.

Buzz, that was the most disgustinbg meal I EVER had put in front of me,,,,,and, on top of that, they made me PAY for it! I thought I was getting a regular fish basket dinner like they sell out in front of the restaurant at Yorkshire County, counter service window. To me, fish isn't supposed to have appendages. Hope you have fun Buzz, May is a great time, try to catch somebody during the Flower Power concerts. Not sure who is playing when you are there but we have totally enjoyed in the past, Davey Jones, B.J. Thomas, Lovin' Spoonful. We also saw The Associatiion there but theyt were just brutal. Just make sure you bring the camera to Epcot, you will be taking many flower and topiary pics there.
Oh, and make sure the drinking fountain works BEFORE you pop the vikes in your mouth!

Oh, and wouldn't you know it?
We've been waiting for the free dining to come out, we just want it for a couple of nights, we'll even add a night at Music if they require a 3 night stay, which they do.
We figured it made the best sense to go this route since we need to get the new mugs anyway, may as well get them in the quick service dining plan, but now for this deal you have to buy a 100 dollar photobook thingy too.
Nope, don't need that and they wouldn't budge on it being required so guess we are eating the whole time out of pocket and buying the mugs seperately.
That's ok, we have a 35% off code for the values, we got lucky and the manager that wouldn't give us the dining
without the photobook DID get us switched over to Movies, which wasn't offered in our PIN.
Including tax, it comes to 62 bucks a night, can't argue with that.

I'm not buying the photobook thingy for the free dining either. I don't need it and I'm stubborn enough to reject it on principle anyway. I don't need free dining anyway. It's an adult only trip for me and DH and that's treat enough for me!

There really are some great "Flower Power" concerts. Wouldn't it be just my luck that we are going on the last weekend, so we do have one option, Herman's Hermit's, but we are missing Davy Jones by one week!! Oh well, just yet another reason to book another Disney trip!

I just read the Segway chapter in the "checkbook" TR. I really wish you could have procured the speedy key.

Have you realized that you bear a striking resemblance to Wile E. Coyote? Great mental thoughts which sometimes result in a painful reality when executed. Is Smidgy the road runner? Beep-Beep!! ;)

I'm back and up to date! We will miss each other this year, but for the first time in six years we will be going in October. It will be interesting because I don't think DH know that average temps are 85. Are you and Smidgy ready for the heat after your chilling December trip?

I love your version of the Drummer Boy song. I will have to share that with Jeff!

Work has been more then crazy and it is getting worse, so I haven't had the time to lurk.

Finished reading and boy is my butt sore!

That TSA crap happened to us, with 4 kids and my mother. We had to cart all of our crap! It was not funny and I was steaming. And there was NOTHING they could do to change it.

Tim and I had a layover coming back from Cancun in Georgia. I forot I had a bottle of water in my bag. The security agent asked me to take it out of my bag. He asked me if I wanted to still drink it. I kinda freaked out inside because Tim and I seem to be targets for searches. I didn't want him to think anything so I said sure. He said, "Follow me." Now I am freaking because he is taking me away from Tim. He takes me all the way out of line basically before you get in the "security zone" and gave me my bottle of water and said, "Here you go, drink it." I realized he was being the biggest jerk and trying to prove a point that I forgot to take the water out of my bag and to pay better attention to the warnings, blah blah blah...

I threw that bottle in the trash and walked back to my stuff where I had to wait for him to give it back to me. I had to go through the metal detector again and it was embarrassing but he made me really mad with him proving a point.

I am excited that you get to go back to Disney. Congrats to you and Diane for being grandparents x's 2.

The picture in front of the potatoe heads was my first TR I think reading of yours, I think I called you eye candy. Tee Hee

I'm bad, I know. But you still love me.

I will be around, 4 classes or not, for the next one. Promise.

Yes Yes Yes a pre trip is very much needed!! And with Smidgy's two cents added in - even better!! Glad to see Ponzi back - even he wants in on that action. ;)

Really proud of you guys for still being ex-smokers - I certainly know how hard that is and I still can't claim that title yet :mad:!

Hopefully your eyes are improving, would be great for you to see all the inside attractions both day and night! :goodvibes

I am still plowing through my "summer reading" program - currently I am devouring the great literary works of Nebo - "Still Feeding Nebo" installment. Highly recommend these readings. If only they assigned these in high school - boy would that have been a blessing - certainly better than Great Expectations!!:rotfl2:

Keep em coming....

That's it, honest, let's all hope for a humorous trip in September,,,, and make sure to let us know if you will also be there.... hugs, neb and smiggy

Nebo ~ YOU MADE ME DO IT...I'm a loooooong time lurker and decided to say hello since DH and I will be there a few of the same days as you and smiggy (haha). You don't know what we look like, but I do know what you and smiggy look like!! I will be sure to say hey if we see you!! :cool1: We're an "older" couple like you and Smidgy. :hippie:

So sorry it was so stinkin' cold for your last trip. I'm praying we don't have any rain or worse yet, hurricanes in Sept.!! :scared1:

I have laughed outloud many times reading your reports. :worship:

sigh! had a visit with the retinal specialist yesterday. we were both expecting a "it's slowly getting better, be patient."
well, steve had thought he noticed a little change for the worse, but wasn't sure. sure enough, blood is seeping through the retina again!!:scared1: :sad1:
he had to have another injection of Avastin . all steve heard was :shotintheeyeshotintheeyeshotintheye!.:eek:

he said it hurt worse than last time. poor baby!:hug:

to make it even worse, he is eligible for medicare in June!!! dr. said it couldn't wait until then.

nebo is not happy. nebo is morose.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter