From Deluxe to Moderate. Need Help

vcmartin413

Earning My Ears
For our up and coming trip this October we are going to change our reservations from a deluxe to a moderate. We are a group of 9 and most of the group is 50+yro. Can everyone please provide me with some suggestions? I have never stayed at a moderate before, the last time we went to WDW it was just me and the kids and we have previously stayed at Pop.

I think Port Orleans French Quarter could be a good option. It the smallest moderate so everything is really close to each other and it has just one bus stop as opposed to the other resorts that have 4 or 5 I think. We stayed there last summer and it was great for our little ones when they were exhausted after a long day, not having to walk far to anything really comes in handy. Sometimes we shared buses with Riverside but that was only during our mid day breaks or the waterparks, not first thing in the morning or park closing when it was busier. They also have the boat to Disney Springs, and of course the beignets :love: The only thing we did not love was the pool. It is geared towards the younger kids and not really big but you are free to use the pools at riverside if you wanted to have a different feel for a pool day. Good luck!

I am a big fan of moderate resorts -- quite a lot of extras for a little bit more in money. While I love POFQ and POR, both of them are very much "family" resorts, and I think you mentioned that everyone in the group is 50+ years old? In that case, consider CSR, which, because of conventions, often has many adults. It also offers business class rooms and an amazing lake side food and beverage spot. Business class is not that much more than a "preferred" location room.

My vote is caribbean beach resort,, love it there and we have stayed at deluxe as well. the poly yacht club and old key west in both 1 and 2 bedroom villas. I really have a hard time to Not book there,, the yacht club is my favorite but the cbr is 2nd on my list even over the poly and okw, its a beautiful resort all the quiet pools 2 hot tubs, hammocks on the beach, great food court, can see epcots fireworks from the beach area, lots of peaceful secluded spots , great pool area kids love it, we have stayed there many many times and have never had any issues, all good!
:cloud9:

POFQ. It is by far the smallest of the moderate resorts. No matter where your rooms end up you won't be far from the bus stop, or the food court, or the gift shop.

I think CSR would be nice, as long as you pay for preferred or request a section closer to the front if you want to utilize the food court, or close to a bus stop. It is beautifully landscaped, a nice walk around the lake, with hammocks to relax in. It always feels very serene. We love the comfy beds, and doors to close to the bathroom area for privacy/early risers. It is a short ride to HS, Epcot, and AK.

I agree that POFQ would be great for your group. There is only one bus stop while the other moderate resorts have multiple bus stops. You might also want to consider POR. We usually stay at deluxe resorts but decided to try POR last August. We were surprised at how much we liked it. We are returning in June with other family members. A moderate is more affordable for everyone than a deluxe resort is. :)

I agree with the POFQ or POR- beautiful grounds and laid-back atmosphere. You could also look into renting DVC points, which could be comparable to the price of a moderate, but at a deluxe resort location.

Coronado Springs might be an option that could save even more with a large party. They offer suites. Not sure of the cost versus two rooms, but it might be worth looking at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter