From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Before I get into a new update, I just want to thank all of you for the well-wishes. I am still not quite over this icky bug, but just trying to rest up, get some sunshine, and drinking lots of water with hopes that it'll be gone soon! :hug:

Friday 3/20: Slept in ALLLL morning trying to recuperate. I had some more energy and a couple of friends of mine -Sonia and Joe- invited me to go to Epcot for a couple of hours. I headed out to meet them and got to the park around 6:00pm.

We decided to stop at Fountainview for a quick drink and I said hello to my coworkers who decorated my cup nicely for me!

Afterwards we decided to head over to Nemo and Friends and rode that!

Sticking to the restful ride thing we all headed over to one of my absolute favorite rides...Captain EO! (I am a very big Michael Jackson fan so this always cheers me up!)

Sonia had been wanting to try some food from the Flower and Garden Festival so we made our way over to the Mexico Pavillon.

She ended up the Tacos El Pastor, the tequila flight, and the flan de quesadilla.
She said that everything was delicious, just very tiny. She paid almost 25$ for everything, it could honestly barely be considered a snack! When in Disney...I guess!
We decided to do Test Track before the park closed and it was a lot of fun!

It was a nice evening and it was the perfect amount of time since I still wasn't feeling all that great. But a little Disney magic never hurt anyone!

Saturday 3/21 : I slept in again until around 12:00pm and decided I would go meet up with Sonia and Joe at Hollywood Studios for a little bit of fun!

It was almost 90 degrees today so I knew I had to take it easy and do simple things out of the sun. So naturally we decided to go to watch Beauty and the Beast!

http://s53.photobucket.com/user/swe...13464118696269_6593977659036822919_n.jpg.html

I just love that show!

After Beauty and the Beast we headed over to the Animation Studios and did some character meet and greets!

Minnie Mouse!

The Big Cheese Himself!

After that we decided to head over to the Frozen Sing-a-long because I'm obsessed! But had to sing in the rain first!

For supper we managed to snag a reservation at Hollywood and Vine, and I honestly had no clue this place even existed! It's a buffet style restaurant and it's 34.99$ per adult meal, and it was FLAWLESS. I wish I had taken pictures but my phone had died. It was an amazing dinner and it was even better because of the cast member discount we received! They had some amazing dishes, a lobster pasta that was to die for, an amazing creamed cornbread, fresh salmon, asiago chicken, ugh everything I ate was FANTASTIC! I would HIGHLY recommend eating here! Just delicious! :thumbsup2

Sunday 3/22: Was still feeling pretty under the weather. Woke up around noon and decided to head out to Animal Kingdom for about an hour and then to target for some groceries.

Didn't ride anything as the wait times were high, just wandered around to try to get my steps in for the day and headed out about an hour after I got there. Another really hot day!

I have also been toying around with the idea of creating a Youtube channel to vlog my experiences, so that may be in the works coming soon. Hope you all have a lovely week!
:tink:
Glad you are starting to feel better. Ugh, you are so lucky to be able to just take a walk at the parks. I usually just walk around my neighborhood to get my steps in.:sad2:

I'm glad to hear you were feeling well enough to get out to the parks a little! Sounds like you had some fun despite the heat, and I love all of the pictures (especially the Animal Kingdom ones ... there are so many details to notice there!)

Add me to the list of envious wannabe's. Since we can only go to Disney World every 12-18 months I feel like we become so distracted by the attractions that being able to just walk around would be really nice! I'm trying to convince my hubby that in retirement we should become "snow birds" so I can work part-time at Disney. :-)

Glad you are starting to feel better. Thank you again for staring your experiences with us. I truly enjoy reading your updates. :dogdance:

Glad you're feeling better! Great update with pictures. It's so nice to see everything through the pictures. I think sometimes when we go we don't take it all in so I appreciate the photos.
Lindsey

Another quick update!

Sadly this is going to be a short and picture-less update as this flu bug has bit me again! I had to leave work early on Wednesday and could not make it in on Thursday. I literally spent the entire day in bed. :cold::crazy2:

I really thought I was getting over this messy thing! Today has been a little better, have a little more energy but still definitely sick. I am hoping to get better because I really hate wasting my off days indoors. I know I need the rest but I hate losing precious Disney time.

Thank you all for the lovely comments, so glad to have so many people following along on this adventure! Hopefully I will have more updates to share with you all soon.

:tinker:

Hi Robin: Sorry you got the flu! I think that being exposed to so many different people every day sets you up for the flu bugs going around. The good news??? Once your newbie year is over, I bet you will be immune to these bugs. I know because I'm an RN and my first year I was sick a lot, then: smooth sailing. Hope you are better now:)

Glad you are feeling better! I love your photos of things that aren't typical, like the bricks that have India on them from AK - beautiful photos all around! :-)

Great tip on Hollywood & Vine, I've never been there. I'll have to add it to the list to try for my next trip!

Hope you're having a great week!

Glad you're feeling better and I'm loving all the photos! I'm also a huge fan of Captain E.O! It's so wonderfully terrible how can you not love it? And you can count me in as a viewer if you decide to do a vlog.

I'm really happy I stumbled upon this thread! I've always thought about packing up and heading down to work there full time. I actually thought about staying after my CP was up but oh well lol Sounds like you're having a blast and I can't wait to read more!

I have also been toying around with the idea of creating a Youtube channel to vlog my experiences, so that may be in the works coming soon. Hope you all have a lovely week!
I would subscribe. I hope you are feeling better. Love the ups and downs and reading about your new Disney life. Thanks

Glad to hear you are doing better and hope you get fully better soon.

Definitely nice to have that option of just going to the parks for a few hours and not feel like you "have" to get everything in

Animal Kingdom is definitely a great one to just walk around as the themeing is so good. Great picture of the Tree of Life! Colors are so vibrant! :thumbsup2

Glad you are starting to feel better. Ugh, you are so lucky to be able to just take a walk at the parks. I usually just walk around my neighborhood to get my steps in.:sad2:

It really is amazing, I feel so lucky to have the parks as my "neighborhood"!

I love how you get your steps in, I'm jealous!
:cutie: It is pretty awesome!
I'm glad to hear you were feeling well enough to get out to the parks a little! Sounds like you had some fun despite the heat, and I love all of the pictures (especially the Animal Kingdom ones ... there are so many details to notice there!)
I love just looking around and taking in all of the tiny details. I feel like there is so many hidden gems at all of the parks!
If you are able, a Youtube vlog sounds great. You'll have at least one viewer! :)
That's wonderful to hear! I am planning to upload my first one within the next week!
Add me to the list of envious wannabe's. Since we can only go to Disney World every 12-18 months I feel like we become so distracted by the attractions that being able to just walk around would be really nice! I'm trying to convince my hubby that in retirement we should become "snow birds" so I can work part-time at Disney. :-)

Glad you are starting to feel better. Thank you again for staring your experiences with us. I truly enjoy reading your updates. :dogdance:
It is wonderful to take in the details and not have to rush to get on all of the rides! :thumbsup2
Glad you're feeling better! Great update with pictures. It's so nice to see everything through the pictures. I think sometimes when we go we don't take it all in so I appreciate the photos.
Lindsey
Glad you like the pictures!!! I love to take them!
Hi Robin: Sorry you got the flu! I think that being exposed to so many different people every day sets you up for the flu bugs going around. The good news??? Once your newbie year is over, I bet you will be immune to these bugs. I know because I'm an RN and my first year I was sick a lot, then: smooth sailing. Hope you are better now:)
I think you are right, this is definitely the most exposed to germs I have been in a long time and I am sure I am just not used to it! I am feeling much better, thank you!!
Glad you are feeling better! I love your photos of things that aren't typical, like the bricks that have India on them from AK - beautiful photos all around! :-)

Great tip on Hollywood & Vine, I've never been there. I'll have to add it to the list to try for my next trip!

Hope you're having a great week!

Thanks so much! It's been a wonderful week, thanks for following along!

Glad you're feeling better and I'm loving all the photos! I'm also a huge fan of Captain E.O! It's so wonderfully terrible how can you not love it? And you can count me in as a viewer if you decide to do a vlog.
I LOVE IT. I may or may not have a have a Hooter plush.... :goodvibes
I'm really happy I stumbled upon this thread! I've always thought about packing up and heading down to work there full time. I actually thought about staying after my CP was up but oh well lol Sounds like you're having a blast and I can't wait to read more!
Glad you found me!!!
I would subscribe. I hope you are feeling better. Love the ups and downs and reading about your new Disney life. Thanks
Good to hear :) I am feeling much better, and I am glad you are enjoying reading about my adventures :)
Glad to hear you are doing better and hope you get fully better soon.

Definitely nice to have that option of just going to the parks for a few hours and not feel like you "have" to get everything in

Animal Kingdom is definitely a great one to just walk around as the themeing is so good. Great picture of the Tree of Life! Colors are so vibrant! :thumbsup2

I was just about to say that I think Animal Kingdom has become my favorite park, but I just truly love them all equally! They have something perfect depending on what mood I am in!

Update 3/24-3/26

*WARNING* There will be no pictures in this update, usually during the work week I don't take too many pictures even if I end up going to the parks, because usually I just try to unwind and turn off if I do get to one! But I am off work for the next two days so I will make up for it!!!!!! Also I will post a link to my first Vlog post sometime this week once it's all done!

Tuesday 3/24: 7:45am-1:45pm
Today was my very first opening shift! I have been making an effort to set my alarm earlier so I can eat breakfast before heading out the door so I was up at 6:00am and out the door at 7:00am! I like to leave 45 minutes before my shift so that I have 25 minutes to get to work and 20 minutes to walk to my location. Anyways, it was a good day! I opened hot and cold bar (latte machines and frappuccino stations), and since I opened I was put on hot bar (lattes, espressos, etc.) for the first part of my shift which made the time fly! For the second part of my day I was put onto ITF (ice, trash, and floors) so I definitely got an arm workout! I helped my manager make whip creams (even though I was super busy) and she appreciated the help so much that she gave me a "Starbuck" which is like a little note that any of your coworkers can give you with a little message of recognition and a manager signs it and enters it into a drawing for a prize, so it was super nice of her to give me one!

After work I decided that I would go to Downtown Disney and walk around for a little and I got an Iced Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte and just enjoyed the sunshine! I decided then to meet my goal of 15,000 steps for the day so I headed over to DHS. The wait times were really busy so I decided to just go and watch the Frozen Sing-A-Long show because it makes me happy to sing like a dork! I skyped with my little brother Josh for a while (he is 12 years old) and headed to bed after a very full day!

Wednesday 3/25: 9:45am-4:00pm
The first part of my shift I was on Cold Bar 2 so I pour the milk, add the frappuccino roast, and add any syrups or inclusions into the blender and pass it to Cold Bar 1 who adds the ice and the frappuccino base. It was a very nice and busy morning! After my break I came back and I was put on Cold Bar 1, so that was kind of nice to get to do both positions. It was another great day. I really feel like I am getting the hang of things, and my coworkers are just wonderful!

After work my friend Sonia and I headed to get some Mexican food from La Hacienda, and OH MY GOSH it was AMAZING. They have the best salsa I have ever eaten. I don't know if you all are familiar with where Crossroads is very close to Downtown Disney, but that's where it's located. The food was great and pretty reasonably priced! Afterwards we headed to our favorite place...Jellyrolls! We had a blast as usual hopping back and forth between there and the dance hall.

Thursday 3/26: 10:00am-8:00pm
Woo hoo for making it through this 10 hour day!!! It was actually quite the lovely shift, and really didn't feel like 10 hours. The first assignment I got when I clocked in was cashier which for some reason is the place I struggle the most! You would think with having worked with the registers before I would be good at it, but there is just so many people coming at you and I get flustered with all of the drink codes and buttons sometimes, but I am getting better each time I am on it, and that's what counts :) I then moved to pastry case which was just WONDERFUL! I decided that while we weren't too busy that I would create some "magic" on the pasty bags which we hand to the guests once their pastry is ready. I really loved putting little messages on them like, "Have a Magical Day!" or "Enjoy exploring EPCOT!" and just little Disney quotes like, "All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust!". I was just so happy to be interacting with guests and seeing them smile. One of my coworkers Amelia came up to me and said the sweetest thing in the world! She goes, "Robin you are just such a lovely person. The way you smile and are so welcoming is just so wonderful!" It brought tears to my eyes, and it just made me happy to hear! I then moved over to finish and connect (topping the drinks and calling them out to guests) until it was break time! After break I was on Cold Bar 1, then I was moved to Store Support (replenishing coolers for each bar and brewing coffee), and finally ended the day as busser. I walked over 10,000 steps (5 miles) at work alone today which is crazy. I worked so hard! I am just happy to be at home to rest my feet and just veg out!

Tomorrow I am planning to meet up with a few of my amazing coworkers to either go to a water park or to Animal Kingdom!

I agree with what your co-worker said about you and I've never met you! I thoroughly enjoy reading about your new adventure and love your enthusiasm and positivity. Keep doing what you love!

Sounds like you had a busy but fun week. I totally don't blame you for not bringing your camera to the parks ... some days you just want to enjoy and not think about anything.

How great that you got recognition from your manager and your coworker!

I did not know that there were two cold bar stations ... I'm learning so much about Starbucks just from reading this!

Cashier seems like it would be pretty hard ... you're dealing with (sometimes) impatient people, ordering in multiple languages (including Starbucks, which I consider its own language) and then you have to call out the drinks, deal with different forms of payment ... but you're right, what counts is that you're getting better!

Sounds like you are really getting into the swing of things there. When I used to work in retail, cash was overwhelming at first but once I got good at it, it became my favourite place to be. That is so sweet that you are writing messages to people. That makes it extra special to be at Starbucks at Disney.

sounds like a full but satisfying week. That is crazy to think you walked 5 miles at work alone - that is a lot of criss-crossing back and forth in the store!

Found this report last night, and just finished reading it today. It's bringing back all my memories of being a Cultural Representative back in 2011, and I'm so glad you're having such an amazing time! You are so lucky to be able to just hang out in the parks, some of my best memories are from days spent in MK with friends, not doing much, just people watching!
I hope you carry on having an amazing time, and just because you are there full time, don't get jaded, make the most of every minute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter