From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Robin, congrats on the weight loss. You should be very proud of your accomplishment!

We stopped in Starbucks a couple times last week. It was so darn busy that I didn't ask for you, but think you were there if not on break. I'm not very good at being a fan, I just don't want to waste anybody's time.

The Epcot Starbucks has got to be the busiest on property. We got coffee at Hollywood Studios and it wasn't half as busy and the Downtown Disney Starbucks wasn't very busy either compared to Epcot!

Good job on closing up on time!
Looking forward to hearing about your grand time. We will have to try Jellyrolls next visit. :flower3:

Congrats on your weight loss and wellness journey! I'm also on a wellness journey to lose weight and feel better for my DLR trip in June (along with a convention in Anaheim) and my WDW trip for my 40th birthday in September. Great motivation! :flower:

Thank you so much! Just find what motivates you and hang on to it with all of your might and you will make that weight fall off! :thumbsup2

Thanks for posting about your journey, as someone who would love to be a cast member (though it's going to be difficult from the other side of the world!) I'm really enjoying reading these posts!

Glad you are enjoying the posts! :cheer2:

Wow, you've been busy! Congrats on your weight loss. It must be really tough to be disciplined and keep to it around all the delicious Disney food!! I guess moderation is the key as always :)
Thanks so much! I walk so much here at the parks and I am on my feet the whole day I don't have to be super careful about what I eat, but moderation is important!
I've just caught up on your new adventure, how fun, moving to Florida and starting a permanent job with Disney :) Sounds like you're having a great time so far and look forward to continuing following along on your adventure

Welcome!!! :cool1:
Wow such a busy schedule, but at least you enjoy it and you get to have a ton of fun on you days off. Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm working on that now too and I know how hard it is but you did a great job!
Thank you so much! Some days the work is very exhausting, but it is all worth it to be here!
Yay!!!! Love your updates! Congrats on the weight loss! I love reading about all the fun you are having!
So glad you are enjoying my updates!!!!!

Just found you TR! Thanks for including me on your journey! Congrats on the weight loss!

Since you're trained for Starbucks @ Epcot, can you also work at the other disney Starbucks locations?

Absolutely! Thank you for reading!! And yes, I can pick up shifts at all of the Starbucks locations in Disney (excluding the DTD locations). My goal is to work at each one once I am more comfortable with all of the roles!

Robin, congrats on the weight loss. You should be very proud of your accomplishment!

We stopped in Starbucks a couple times last week. It was so darn busy that I didn't ask for you, but think you were there if not on break. I'm not very good at being a fan, I just don't want to waste anybody's time.

The Epcot Starbucks has got to be the busiest on property. We got coffee at Hollywood Studios and it wasn't half as busy and the Downtown Disney Starbucks wasn't very busy either compared to Epcot!

Good job on closing up on time!
Looking forward to hearing about your grand time. We will have to try Jellyrolls next visit. :flower3:

Thank you so much!

If ever you stop by the store again don't be afraid to ask for me! It isn't a bother whatsoever, all of us cast members love to have visitors! Makes us feel special!!

I do feel that our Starbucks is one of the busiest on property. I know Main Street gets pretty busy too, but we just always have a ton of people in the store! You must do Jellyrolls, it's so much fun! My new addiction!

3/5-3/9

Hi everyone! I figured I'd stop by with a small update since I'm approaching my days off here soon and I will finally have some park pictures and out-of-work adventures to share!

3/6: Worked from 4:15pm-12:00am. I ended up closing trash, recycling, and cardboard so it wasn't too bad! I was finished early to I went out and helped to close cold bar and we were out at midnight on the nose!

3/7: Worked from 2:45pm-10:00pm. I ended up washing dishes as my closing assignment and unfortunately I have discovered that is my least favorite thing to close. I guess we were short staffed that night so I had to wash dishes alone from 7pm-8pm until I finally got a buddy, but we were there scrubbing and washing a ton of dishes until 11pm. So it was a long night!

3/8: Worked from 9:45am-3:45pm. I was so happy to get to meet a lovely reader ariane37 today! It was so nice to meet you Ariane! Hope to see you again during your next trip!!!!
I loved this shift, a very quick and easy day. Since I got done early I was able to meet up with Sonya and a few of her coworkers for drinks at Applebee's. We all decided to go to House of Blues after since it's free for Cast Members, and I was happy to discover that girls drink free until midnight! It's definitely more of a younger crowd and I would wager 80% of the people there were in the College Program but it was still fun to check it out. I don't think I'll be going there much though!

3/9: Worked from 4:00pm-10:00pm. Today was an easy day. I did wake up feeling miserable with a sore throat and cough, but it got better as the day progressed. I worked busser, cashier, and cold bar today. I was the "runner" for closing tonight but because we had done so much pre-closing tonight there weren't any dishes to run downstairs to be cleaned. I ended up making whipped cream and helping out everyone else :)

Tomorrow I work from 2:00pm-8:00pm which is just lovely. I get to sleep in and I don't close. I plan on bringing a change of clothes so that I can just go right over to Magic Kingdom, I know it'll only be for a couple of hours but I have missed the parks so much!

Last edited:
Hi Robin. I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I enjoy reading about your experiences as a cast member. It sounds like you are really enjoying your job. Congrats on your weight loss! I would have loved to have worked at WDW when I was your age. Keep having a great time!

Hi there Robin, I am so glad we got to meet, too! I felt bad bothering you at work (it's always so packed in there!) but I was so close, no way was I passing up the opportunity :) And I will most definitely stop in again on our next trip, which will be in Nov. unless I can squeeze an Aug. trip out of DH :rolleyes1 We got AP's while we were down there so hopefully that won't be too hard to do! I want to congratulate you again on your weight loss as I do know how hard it is, and you look beautiful!!

Absolutely! Thank you for reading!! And yes, I can pick up shifts at all of the Starbucks locations in Disney (excluding the DTD locations). My goal is to work at each one once I am more comfortable with all of the roles!

That's cool! I bet it would be cool to pick up a day a MK & walk out on a break to views of the castle!! That would be awesome! Do they wear different costumes at each location?

Are you going to collect the park specific Starbucks mugs? I seen pics online, they're super cute! I saw that they retired the Epcot one already due to the color of the retired monorail. Have they come out with a new one yet?

Again thanks for sharing your journey!

Hi Robin. I just wanted to stop by and tell you how much I enjoy reading about your experiences as a cast member. It sounds like you are really enjoying your job. Congrats on your weight loss! I would have loved to have worked at WDW when I was your age. Keep having a great time!
:welcome: Hi thank you for the following along on this journey with me and for the congratulations!!
Hi there Robin, I am so glad we got to meet, too! I felt bad bothering you at work (it's always so packed in there!) but I was so close, no way was I passing up the opportunity :) And I will most definitely stop in again on our next trip, which will be in Nov. unless I can squeeze an Aug. trip out of DH :rolleyes1 We got AP's while we were down there so hopefully that won't be too hard to do! I want to congratulate you again on your weight loss as I do know how hard it is, and you look beautiful!!

Don't feel bad at all! Each of us gets so excited if a friend or family member comes to visit, it was so lovely! Awe, well thank you! You looked beautiful as well! Just let me know whenever you come down! I am glad you got AP's that's such an amazing feeling to have the "Keys to the Kingdom" at your fingertips!

That's cool! I bet it would be cool to pick up a day a MK & walk out on a break to views of the castle!! That would be awesome! Do they wear different costumes at each location?

Are you going to collect the park specific Starbucks mugs? I seen pics online, they're super cute! I saw that they retired the Epcot one already due to the color of the retired monorail. Have they come out with a new one yet?

Again thanks for sharing your journey!

When I worked at the Emporium is was so magical to just hear the parade from the store. If we were greeter we could step out and watch Wishes, and it was so magical! I will definitely be picking up shifts at Main St. Bakery, a few friends who went through coffee lab training with me were assigned there so it would be amazing to work with them again!

I get asked about those Epcot mugs every day I work! Unfortunately there is no set date for when they will have new ones, they just say "summer". My next purchase at the Magic Kingdom and DHS will definitely be a mug. I want to collect them all!

I am so glad we got to meet, too! I felt bad bothering you at work (it's always so packed in there!) but I was so close, no way was I passing up the opportunity :) And I will most definitely stop in again on our next trip, which will be in Nov. unless I can squeeze an Aug. trip out of DH :rolleyes1 We got AP's while we were down there so hopefully that won't be too hard to do! I want to congratulate you again on your weight loss as I do know how hard it is, and you look beautiful!!
Good job Ariane! It was so busy the few times we stopped in. We will be back in Oct or Dec. Trying to get DH to go at Christmas time, but his work is always so busy then. I will definitely message Robin and I will say hi! We didn't get AP, but I wish we did! :(

3/10

I worked from 2:00pm-8:00pm today and I was back and forth between Line Greeter and Cashier. It was a very slow day at the store surprisingly to time went by slowly! I think I was just itching to get to the parks! After work I got changed and decided to walk around Epcot to see the Flower and Garden topiaries and to watch Illuminations before I headed over to Magic Kingdom!

Okay I am in love with this photo! Talk about perfectly timed!!

After Illuminations I ran out to my car so I could get to Magic Kingdom to at least have an hour in the park. My mission was to ride The Voyage of the Little Mermaid for the very first time! As I was walking to the ride Wishes was going on and I was just amazed at how beautiful the fireworks looked from New Fantasyland. Just stunning!

I am just in love with this ride. I thought it was really adorable and the animatronics are to die for! I almost wanted to ask to stay on it one more time, but I also wanted to go and ride Pirates of the Caribbean, so I pulled myself away! It was such a great night, I wanted to check out the new Hub but there were just too many people for me to really get to enjoy it!

3/11
I finally had a day off to myself! I decided to trade a shift with another coworker so I could have a day to just catch up on normal human things (ie: laundry, grocery shopping, etc) I went to Super Target and just finally tidied up and organized my room and cleaned my clothes. It was a much needed day! Around 8:30pm I headed out to meet Sonya at Jellyrolls (yes AGAIN!). We had a plan for the evening, one hour at Jellyrolls, one hour at the Atlantic Dance Company, and so on and so forth. This time I really enjoyed the dance hall more. I just really let go and wasn't afraid to be silly and I really worked up a sweat and left there feeling so happy and just free!

3/12
Worked from 2:00pm-8:00pm. Today was another short shift! I was Pastry Case, Dining Room Stocker, Store Support, and Hot Bar. So I had a lot of variation! After work I got ready to go to see Cinderella with a bunch of my coworker (AKA View Family!). We all met at Earl of Sandwich to grab a bite to eat around 9:00pm and we headed over to AMC afterwards. The movie was just AMAZING.

I loved it because the whole premise of the movie is to "have courage and be kind" and that has been my own personal mantra for many, many years. I just felt like Cinderella and identified with her. No matter how many bad things life hands you, it is so important to not let them ruin your spirit, you must rise above and treat others with kindness. Never stop believing that dreams can come true! Just such a masterpiece of a film, the costumes were just jaw-dropping!

I LOVE the Little Mermaid ride! Some people think it's too simple and expected more after it was completed, but I really enjoy the simplicity of it and how it just takes you through the story - reminds me of the Peter Pan ride. And I love how it's so colorful! DH and I rode it without the boys this past trip and it's one of the rides I chose to ride alone on my solo morning last year :goodvibes

I've heard New Fantasyland is a great place to watch Wishes, have to remember that for next time :thumbsup2 Glad you actually have some "slow" days at work lol. I've only ever seen that place packed!!

Great updates! Even though I hate coffee, I may stop in and say hi when we are there is a few weeks!

I've had a great time reading your trip reports, updates and looking at your pictures. Thank you so much for taking the time to share them. I'll be there May 14-20 and I love Starbucks so I'll definitely be by to say hello to you. Plus Epcot is my favorite park too so I'll be there a lot.

Beautiful photos of WS and New Fantasyland! I love the LM ride as well! I was so bummed in November - it was down both times I tried to ride it. I'll just have to go back! :)

The topiaries are so beautiful!

I can't wait to see Cinderella! Love that mantra, it is a great one to live by! :thumbsup2

Hi Robin! Wanted to tell you that I'm enjoying reading your experiences as a cast member. I know you're busy, but thanks for taking the time out to share your adventures and pictures! :) And Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!

I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. Working for Disney is definitely a great experience. I can't wait to see the movie.

Ack - I've fallen quite behind. Congratulations on earning your ears! :goodvibes

Glad to hear you are making suck great friends and enjoying your job - the fact that you shift between roles a lot during a shift probably helps some.

Also learned something new - never really thought about Starbucks making their own whip cream

If I was in your spot I could definitely see myself going to Jelly Rolls quite often

yeah, I'd say that's a pretty great photo!

I LOVE the Little Mermaid ride! Some people think it's too simple and expected more after it was completed, but I really enjoy the simplicity of it and how it just takes you through the story - reminds me of the Peter Pan ride. And I love how it's so colorful! DH and I rode it without the boys this past trip and it's one of the rides I chose to ride alone on my solo morning last year :goodvibes

I've heard New Fantasyland is a great place to watch Wishes, have to remember that for next time :thumbsup2 Glad you actually have some "slow" days at work lol. I've only ever seen that place packed!!

I love the simplicity of it too, just felt like classic Disney! New Fantasyland is the perfect spot to watch Wishes in my opinion. Not too crowded, and just a really unique perspective.

It has been odd for the shop to be so quiet, I'm expecting it will be mobbed because of Spring break and Easter these next few weeks!

Yay, loved reading your experience so far! I'll be at WDW next month so I'll stop in and say "hi".

So glad you are enjoying the updates! Do stop in and say hi!

Great updates! Even though I hate coffee, I may stop in and say hi when we are there is a few weeks!

Thanks for following along! Hope to meet you then!!

I've had a great time reading your trip reports, updates and looking at your pictures. Thank you so much for taking the time to share them. I'll be there May 14-20 and I love Starbucks so I'll definitely be by to say hello to you. Plus Epcot is my favorite park too so I'll be there a lot.

You are so very welcome, I am glad you enjoy the updates! Definitely stop by and say hello when you visit!!

Beautiful photos of WS and New Fantasyland! I love the LM ride as well! I was so bummed in November - it was down both times I tried to ride it. I'll just have to go back! :)

The topiaries are so beautiful!

I can't wait to see Cinderella! Love that mantra, it is a great one to live by! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I will be spending more time at the parks this week since I have all early morning shifts which is delightful, so there will be more pictures to come!

You will love Cinderella!

Hi Robin! Wanted to tell you that I'm enjoying reading your experiences as a cast member. I know you're busy, but thanks for taking the time out to share your adventures and pictures! :) And Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!
Thank you so much!! Glad you are enjoying the posts :)
I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. Working for Disney is definitely a great experience. I can't wait to see the movie.
It has been awesome!
Looks like a busy few days! I want to see Cinderella too, hopefully next weekend!
Very busy, sometimes I try to do so much that I just have to remind myself that I live here now and I can slow down!

Hope you love the movie as much as I did!

Ack - I've fallen quite behind. Congratulations on earning your ears! :goodvibes

Glad to hear you are making suck great friends and enjoying your job - the fact that you shift between roles a lot during a shift probably helps some.

Also learned something new - never really thought about Starbucks making their own whip cream

If I was in your spot I could definitely see myself going to Jelly Rolls quite often

yeah, I'd say that's a pretty great photo!

Glad you're all caught up! Thank you for the congratulations! I have met so many great people here, it's really been amazing!

We sure do make our own whipped cream! It's pretty simple, but it's so delicious!

Just popping for a little update. Unfortunately my days off were not as eventful as I had hoped as I have been feeling pretty under the weather. I literally just spent the entire day in bed today and didn't have the energy to go to the parks like I had hoped for Dapper Day, which was a little disappointing, but I am starting to feel much better.

But my schedule this week is lovely, I have all morning shifts with the exception of tomorrow's 3pm-9pm so I am out by 4pm at the latest which means time for PARKS!! If I feel better tomorrow I plan on getting up around 9am getting my work clothing together and heading to Typhoon Lagoon for the first time in 3 years! I just want to catch some sun and float around the lazy river before a new work week :) After work I'm going to head over to Magic Kingdom to check out the HUB and just enjoy the magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter