• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends of Snow White and other princess

disneymom443

Mouseketeer
I didn't know where to put this, move me if needed.

Ok onto question. I'm a huge Snow White fan and have always wanted to meet her. I haven't because I'm on the older side and didn't want to be a creeper. :rotfl: So I've been told that I need to meet her anyway, I'm wondering if it would be crazy to give Snow a hug? I don't even know what to say to her.... Yes I know I shouldn't be tongue tied but I am.:confused3
Any advise will be helpful, thank you.:)

As I keep telling my children who tell me not to stand in line with them - characters are for all ages! :) I love meeting them just as much as my kiddos. You should definitely meet her and give her a BIG HUG! :hug:

The characters generally have no problems with older guests. A hug is totally appropriate. If you are tongue-tied they will do their best to put you at ease, just as they would a little kid who was scared of them. They are VERY good at it.

I don't really do character meets myself, but I like to watch them and they are really great performers.

I can't vouch for them but I reckon they would like the change! I have always enjoyed speaking to them as they never step out of character! I'm 30 now and there is no sign of me stopping!

Thank you to all of you.:) You have put me at ease. Maybe I'll tell her that I've always wanted to meet her but now had the courage to do so with all the help from ya'll.(friends) Thanks her and end with a hug.:grouphug:

Oh and I'm 43:rotfl:

Haven't you heard? We're all kids at Disney.

Have a great trip! :)

Thank you to all of you.:) You have put me at ease. Maybe I'll tell her that I've always wanted to meet her but now had the courage to do so with all the help from ya'll.(friends) Thanks her and end with a hug.:grouphug:

If I was behind you in line and saw that I would probably burst into tears and want to hug you myself. How could she not be so flattered and thrilled to meet you? Have a wonderful trip!!!! :cheer2:

I'm 66 and my wife is 65. We go to all the meet and greets; as a matter of fact, that is where we use our fast passes! The princesses (and all the characters) love to joke around with the adults; we both love it. Some of our best and most fun meetings happened when the princes were with their princesses. Great fun with Gaston and Navin.

As I keep telling my children who tell me not to stand in line with them - characters are for all ages! :) I love meeting them just as much as my kiddos. You should definitely meet her and give her a BIG HUG! :hug:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2...great post!!!!

My kids know not to ever say this to me because they know that I love to meet with the characters just as much as they do :goodvibes (I am such a kid when I am in WDW). If they are meeting with one of my favorites, or someone we have never met before, I will have the girls go up first and give their hugs/take pics and then I will go up alone :goodvibes. As for what to say to the characters? I basically tell them that I am their biggest fan which they always respond in a very big way (this works much better with non face characters), but when I am meeting Belle (my favorite princess), I either ask her if Beast is behaving himself today or I will ask her if she has read any good books lately. Just ask them anything that can strike up some sort of small conversation :goodvibes. OP, go for it and give your favorite princess a huge hug, no one will look at you weird for doing it either :thumbsup2.

Definitely give her a hug! One of my favorite pictures of all time is Sully giving me a hug at DHS. And I was in my mid-30s at the time.

Come up a question ahead of time that you would like to ask her so you aren't trying to think up conversation on the spot. For example, ask her if she'll share her recipe for gooseberry pie, or how often do the dwarves visit her at the castle? Or have an autograph book for her to sign. I know that helps my daughter be less shy about approaching characters.

By all means go, meet them and get/give a hug! I did this my last trip with all the princesses and had a great time! I especially loved it when Tiana gave me a "Who Dat" when I said I was from New Orleans!

I really think they enjoy the adults just as much as the kids, because we are just like kids with them as well! :goodvibes

BTW, I am 46yo single man! :cool1:

On my last trip with friends in April 2011. I had a great time interacting with Cinderella at the Princess spot where she, and the other princesses are at. She asked me where I was from, and I said, "Oregon." She says, "Oh, that must've been a long carriage ride." Playing along with her. I said, "Oh yes. A very long carriage ride." Although I had flown on an airplane with my friends, and not driven.

When I came back to Disney World over the MLK weekend this year. I didn't get to interact with the princesses at all even though I had always wanted to get a picture with Snow White, and talk to her. My friends that I was with was on a schedule of what park we had to go visit, and what times we had to do rides, shows, etc. So, I was disappointed that I didn't get to meet the princesses this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter