• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends Don't Let Friends Do Karaoke - Eat, Drink, Pack (Day 13, Part 2)

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
The rest of...Thursday 7th November

After Haunted Mansion, we backtracked and rode Big Thunder before heading back in to Fantasyland to see Philharmagic. After that, it was time to eat – again! This time chicken nuggets and freshly made potato chips from Friars Nook. The kids wanted ice-cream sundaes too so we shared just one portion between the four of us. Service here was horrendous; we waited nearly 40 minutes for this. While I was getting the food, Daniel and Sian went to get a frozen raspberry lemonade slush.

We then had a choc chip cookie sundae and a hot fudge brownie sundae. Both were pretty good.

When we finished eating, we went back to see if Space Mountain was up and running – and it was! We had no problem using our FPs even though it was way past our window, presumably because of the earlier closure of the ride. After Space Mountain, I insisted we do Carousel of Progress. Now I’m not saying that the others were bored here but…

There was a woman who had to leave halfway through one of the segments with her son, who needed the bathroom, so we ended up seeing the same segment twice. That, of course, made me even more popular with the family. Next, we decided to ride Buzz again. This time Daniel didn’t fare quite so well on the score front but he was fine about it. He wanted a picture with Zurg afterwards though.

As we would be leaving to go home the next day, Gary and I were both well aware that we needed some time to pack, so we made the decision to leave the park. But first we wanted to have a look in the shops on Main Street – and Daniel, of course, wanted more pictures.

We also caught some of the parade.

Back at the hotel, we desperately tried to fit everything in to the suitcases but quickly realised we would have to leave more stuff than we had originally anticipated behind in the Owners Locker. As Sian and I were returning in March, we were able to leave some of our clothes behind and some other things, which we would be able to take home with us after our next trip. Eventually, we got everything packed. It was getting late though and the kids were desperate for dinner. But before that, we had plans to meet up with some DISers. I have been conversing on and off for years with a lovely DISer by the name of Brenda aka Oybolshoi, also known affectionately as ‘Bendy’ due to a strange habit of looking like she only has one leg in photographs. Brenda and I have been threatening to meet up for years and, for one reason or another, it has never happened. Which is why I was delighted to realise that she and her DH, Jay, would be at WDW during our stay. Since they were travelling with her parents and were only staying a couple of days before leaving on a cruise, our opportunities to meet were limited. As Brenda and her family were having dinner tonight in Il Mulino, we had decided to meet up beforehand. Originally, we were going to meet up and have drinks but the kids were starving and the packing had taken longer than we thought so I messaged Brenda to let her know we would just be popping in to say ‘Hi’ and hand over the wine glasses we had bought for them, before heading on out to dinner.

We found them sitting at the bar in Il Mulino and had time for a nice chat before we had to rush off. I hope we will get a chance to spend longer with them on another trip.

Tonight’s restaurant of choice was another new one. Ruby Tuesday. We were seated in a booth by a window and ordered drinks.

Lemon Drop Martini please!

Our server brought some warm garlic cheese biscuits to the table. I am not a fan of biscuits so I didn’t want to waste calories on these.

For appetisers we ordered some mozzarella sticks and southwestern spring rolls

I didn’t like the spring rolls but the others had no problem in polishing them off. The fried cheese was pretty good.

The menu was so extensive, it took us quite a while to decide. Bu we eventually made up our minds.

Sian – steak with baked potato and fries

Gary –steak with baked potato and broccoli

Me and Daniel – steak with fries and sweet potato fries

I ordered a Cosmopolitan too.

Daniel had asked earlier if we could go back to The Fountain for ice cream tonight. As it was his (pretend) Birthday, how could I refuse? For that reason, we passed on dessert and paid the check. Ruby Tuesday was another success and, again, we will be back.

Back at the hotel, Gary decided he didn’t want ice-cream so I said I would take the kids over while he went back to the room. I’d had a message on Facebook from a friend, Lori, who was also at WDW and wanted to know if I was interested in meeting up to say ‘Hi’ later. So I took the kids to The Fountain, ordered them some ice-cream and paid, then went to the Yacht Club to meet Lori and Catherine. It turned out that Brenda and Jay were also heading over to meet up too. Lori and Catherine had just come from Epcot and were in high spirits. We spotted Brenda and Jay approaching and hid behind a large plant. As they approached, Catherine started swaying the branches of the plant. Neither of them noticed. At one point, the plant was practically bent double, as if there was a strong wind and yet Brenda and Jay remained oblivious. We were in fits of laughter though. After a brief chat, I declined to stay and drink with them as I was pretty tired and felt guilty about the fact that Gary was stuck back at The Swan on his own, and I also knew that the last thing I needed was to have a sore head the next day.

I walked back over and got into the room, to find Gary was watching a boring film. Wished I had stayed out and got drunk.

Yay! I finally made it into your fabulous trip report! The potted tree shaking by Catherine has to be the funniest moment from that trip. It was practically walking over to Jay from the force of the shaking.

I am sorry you didn't stay for a drink with us too. I did enjoy or brief visit! :banana:

Great day Joh
We've signed up for Owners Locker for our next trip. Good to hear that it's working out well for you

how lovely to meet up with Brenda, I am a big fan of her food diaries across on the other boards.:goodvibes

Noooo :( Don't you get in that bed...means this TR is all over :( Which means you then must do your March one! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter