Friday 4/29 Off Site Guests Corralled at Transportation and Ticket Center Until 8:45 am

Wraith1876

Earning My Ears
On Friday we visited the Magic Kingdom and experienced something I have not seen in many years. We arrived at 8am for a 9am Magic Kingdom opening. In the past when they have extra magic hours for resort guests in the morning we could get right to the front of the park and just wait there in between the scanners and the train station until 9. This trip we were corralled at the T&T until 8:45 when they allowed guests to take the Ferry or bus to the MK. This created a mad dash to the Ferry and in my opinion a dangerous potential for trampling. The express monorail opened at 9am and non-resort guests were allowed to board the resort beam at 9 am as well. I debated walking to the Polynesian and hopping on the resort beam there, but with 2 kids and grandparents in tow, I opted to just stay put and watch this play out. It was bizarre. I've been going to Disney the same week in April for a long time and like I initially said, I have not seen this in practice since the 1980's. Just odd and I could not figure out why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter