Fresh Mug Brewed Iced Tea - Yum!

missycj96

DIS Veteran
Hi - (I had posted this on restaurant board but realize all the mug info is here)

I love fresh brewed ice tea. This August I perfected refill mug brewed fresh ice tea. You have to try this - adjust it as you like but this is great and I had to share.

At the mug fill station, I take two tea bags and put them in the mug with the strings sticking out. I put in 2 splenda and a few inches of hot water. I swish the tea bags and wait just a couple of seconds. Then I fill the mug up the rest of the way with as much ice as fits and put the lid on and I'm done. After a few minutes the ice melts somewhat and I pull the tea bags out. Voila! mug brewed fresh ice tea. I found this so refreshing. Give it a try.

(I love the english breakfast - but also made earl grey, and even mint - Beach Club even had a great Darjeeling).

Enjoy!

Awesome idea. I hope I can remember this until our next trip. Thanks for figuring this out for everyone.

I used to do that all the time when I was teaching. I love fresh brewed tea and I dont drink coffee so I'd use the water dispenser on the coffee machine to brew my tea!

Thanks we will try in June it will be hot.

1977-Contemporary (13 months old)
1979-off Disney Holiday Inn (3 yr)
1982 Contemporary (6 yr)
1984-Treehoues (8 yr)
1986-Cabins FWR (10 yr)
1989-Caribbean Beach Resort (13 yr)
2010-Animal Kingdom Jambo House (33 yr)

The trip in 2010 was with my husband:cool2: my mom :cutie: and son Zack:wizard: was the best trip so far. We are going in June staying at Port Orleans French Quarter.

Me, :yay:

Hi - (I had posted this on restaurant board but realize all the mug info is here)

I love fresh brewed ice tea. This August I perfected refill mug brewed fresh ice tea. You have to try this - adjust it as you like but this is great and I had to share.

At the mug fill station, I take two tea bags and put them in the mug with the strings sticking out. I put in 2 splenda and a few inches of hot water. I swish the tea bags and wait just a couple of seconds. Then I fill the mug up the rest of the way with as much ice as fits and put the lid on and I'm done. After a few minutes the ice melts somewhat and I pull the tea bags out. Voila! mug brewed fresh ice tea. I found this so refreshing. Give it a try.

(I love the english breakfast - but also made earl grey, and even mint - Beach Club even had a great Darjeeling).

Enjoy!

Do this also as really dislike WDW new tea in dispensers they put in three years ago.:scared1: so make my own as well. like earl grey but the way it processed raises my blood pressure so I stick to the lipton...:surfweb:

let me know how it goes. btw, my mother corrected me - at the beach club I used Black Current not darjeerling.

Wonderful idea....I will have to try it on my next trip. We have been going in January the past 4 years and it has actually been cool enough in evening to do hot tea, but this would be wonderful for during the day! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter