French Quarter show pics here

Love the 360 photos. I've seen them before and always marvelled at how you managed to get them so people-free during daylight hours! Did you need to do anything special to take them, I might have a go at POR next trip.

Andre

Thanks for the nice words! Love doing the 360 shots, seems to give a real prospective :) I Try to shoot around people, and I shoot enough shots that I can stitch them together and sometimes get rid of the people that way. We are going to the CR over the 4th, bet I don't have that kind of luck!!!

wow! sdzman, those are great pics that I haven't seen before, especially the one of the dragon slide next to the river...I had no idea the pool was that close to the water...how beautiful!!! Do you have any more???

The similarity to the actual French Quarter is what is cool. The pic of the "riverwalk" in between the pool and the river reminds me of the riverwalk in NO between Jax's Brewery along the river to the Aquarium and the Riverwalk mall. Have stayed at POFQ and PORx2 and have never noticed that.:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for posting all these great pictures! :goodvibes I am so excited about our trip in January! It will be our first time and I have wanted to stay at this resort since my last trip to the WORLD in 1994! Thanks you Terk1 for the picture of the kid's waiting area! I was trying to find out if there was an area with a TV etc for the kiddos to hang out at while us parents check in! :)

Keep the great pics coming! Thanks to all who post! :cool1:

There is a T.V. in the food court also for the kids.:thumbsup2

Here are some recent pics from our stay at the beginning of June:

011_14.jpg

014_11.jpg

019_6.jpg

018_7.jpg

010_15.jpg

Thank you for all the pictures! POFQ is our favorite resort. We stayed there almost every year until the price jump/value resorts. I have so many pictures of me from my youth around the resort - especially posing with those gators ;)

Now that it's up to me, it makes me so excited to see the pictures and plan to go back to FQ. Woohoo!

Thanks for all the pictures! This is our first stay at POFQ- I'm so excited! I was a little leery about staying in a moderate, my last two trips (back in high school with my parents) were at BC and OKW, but now I really can't wait!!

OOOOOOO Y'all got me excited for my trip this weekend! I just found this forum and love it already!!!!!

Oh gosh I get goosebumps looking at this thread! We leave in 50 days and it's so exciting. My husband refuses to let me show him any pictures of POFQ because he wants to be surprised. I did all the research, planning and booking and he just wants to enjoy it all with our girls, whatever I have planned. These 50 days can't fly soon enough!

My first moderate experience was CBR, which I wasn't too impressed about, but after staying at CSR and now seeing these amazing pics of POFQ, I am amazed at the theming of the other Moderates!

we've stayed @ POR and as we were riding by the POFQ by boat taxi i told my dh i would like to stay right there!! i want to stay in the bldg. to the left or right of the pool facing the river. we loved staying @ por but now we want to give pofq a try. we are going may 09!
the pics are great!!
mousiemom

we've stayed @ POR and as we were riding by the POFQ by boat taxi i told my dh i would like to stay right there!! i want to stay in the bldg. to the left or right of the pool facing the river. we loved staying @ por but now we want to give pofq a try. we are going may 09!
the pics are great!!
mousiemom

Facing the pool from the river, Building #5 is on the right. We request that building each year. Good location for the pool, food court and buses.

oh thank you! i saw people walking down the walkway to the riverside and it didn't look like too far of a walk. yes, i will definately ask for bldg. 5 on the top floor!!
thanks
mousiemom

Love, Love, Love all the pictures! We're taking our 1st ever trip to WDW and staying at POFQ. This helps to reaffirm I made the right decision.

We are leaving in 22 days for our honeymoon, and this is the first time that both of us are staying on-site. Thanks for the pics- I can hardly wait until August 10th rolls around. I'll be sure to post some of my own pics on here when we get back! :woohoo:

Thanks for all the pics of POFQ. We're so excited for our upcoming stay there! The kids and I just finished our countdown sticker calendar (only 31 more days!). This will be my family's second WDW vacation (my fourth) and first time stay on-site for all of us.

I'm curious, has anyone taken the carriage ride around the resort and if so, did you think it was worth it?

Also, what did you think of the food at the cafes/restaurants there? Is it a long haul to the other restaurants and themed pool at POR?

Thank you for any tips!

Thanks for all the pics of POFQ. We're so excited for our upcoming stay there! The kids and I just finished our countdown sticker calendar (only 31 more days!). This will be my family's second WDW vacation (my fourth) and first time stay on-site for all of us.

I'm curious, has anyone taken the carriage ride around the resort and if so, did you think it was worth it?

Also, what did you think of the food at the cafes/restaurants there? Is it a long haul to the other restaurants and themed pool at POR?

Thank you for any tips!

Grin, we're a day ahead of you on the countdown front. :)

The carriage ride is fun, it lasts about 25 mins and is a relaxing way to see the resort. It sets off from the POR marina area and goes over to POFQ and back.

The walk over to POR is about 850 yards and is a very nice 10 minute stroll. The food court there is much like POFQ's in terms of food quality, but is a good deal bigger and has a little more choice. Boatwright's is the table-service restaurant at POR which serves food with a slightly cajun feel.

Andre

Does anyone have anymore pictures of POFQ? Pretty please! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter