French Quarter Lounge (on the Wonder)

Seamama

DIS Veteran
We’ve sailed the Wonder before and are excited to experience the new French Quarter Lounge on an upcoming cruise. I was looking at the menu there (https://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/french-quarter-lounge-drink-menu/) and have some questions.

Do you get a punch/stamp on your Cove Cafe coffee card when you get specialty coffee at the French Quarter Lounge? (Or do they maybe have their own coffee card?)

If you consider yourself a “coffee snob” (I say that lovingly), what did you think of their coffee? I’m going to guess similar to Cove Cafe, which I find good, but not amazing.

Are there snacks there for no additional cost (like there used to be when it was Promenade Lounge)?

Thanks!

Yes, you get a stamp on your Cove coffee card. I actually got my card there before I even went to Cove.

I'm not a coffee snob but I do think the coffee from the cove cafe and FQL taste different. I couldn't say which is better. Cove has a more extensive menu. Cove has different sizes, and it could've been the way I ordered, but I only got one size (a small size, think maybe a Starbucks tall or smaller, but in a real mug) at the French Quarter. They never asked me what size I wanted. Also, they don't have the fun foam decorations for the top at the French Quarter lounge.

Honestly, I pretty much only drank lattes as a side for my beignets, lol. But it was good and I did it many times.

Yes, you get a stamp on your Cove coffee card. I actually got my card there before I even went to Cove.

I'm not a coffee snob but I do think the coffee from the cove cafe and FQL taste different. I couldn't say which is better. Cove has a more extensive menu. Cove has different sizes, and it could've been the way I ordered, but I only got one size (a small size, think maybe a Starbucks tall or smaller, but in a real mug) at the French Quarter. They never asked me what size I wanted. Also, they don't have the fun foam decorations for the top at the French Quarter lounge.

Honestly, I pretty much only drank lattes as a side for my beignets, lol. But it was good and I did it many times.

Cool, thanks. Appreciate the detailed info. I’m about excited the coffee card, lol!

Does this mean no more free snacks in this area?

We’ve sailed the Wonder before and are excited to experience the new French Quarter Lounge on an upcoming cruise. I was looking at the menu there (https://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/french-quarter-lounge-drink-menu/) and have some questions.

Do you get a punch/stamp on your Cove Cafe coffee card when you get specialty coffee at the French Quarter Lounge? (Or do they maybe have their own coffee card?)

If you consider yourself a “coffee snob” (I say that lovingly), what did you think of their coffee? I’m going to guess similar to Cove Cafe, which I find good, but not amazing.

Are there snacks there for no additional cost (like there used to be when it was Promenade Lounge)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

I heard the coffee in the FQL is great! (Haven’t tried it yet)

I’m wondering if the beignets are available all day/evening?

I heard the coffee in the FQL is great! (Haven’t tried it yet)

I’m wondering if the beignets are available all day/evening?
I think so. They were available every time we visited, anyway. We didn't visit after dinner, though.

I don't remember getting our Cove Card stamped, but we had coffee w/beignets there during their 8 AM - 9 AM Happy Hour for $5 a piece. The coffee seemed to be about the same as at the Cove but the beignets with the hot chocolate topping were great.

thumbnail (14).jpg

Last edited:
I'm not sure if the beignets are available in the evening but I do think we had these beyond the morning time. I also *think* i had my coffee card stamped, but I could be totally wrong about that.

Here's my "takeout" morning treat:
AP1GczN3fa6zfEJhW9YCKD6ww-x_M3nCnwpnvJYsw4j-IyZ1232QIPAvQCf9Egl9OnAi5prulGC8pAt0ck5iXgAtaIkkUHDKqF5uXN6MMyruxL3-dB01ACbZ=w400

They also have some sort of a special where you get one specialty coffee, one beignet, and a small macaron. Yum.
AP1GczMg7tsuj_OubUTyOeUVWrgZsB23Zifu3Wzr6JvPzWkJbSXmv8E8Cg6U1CjgZ59kuBIEMFyYfcNAWDL-UOiOAtXElrcWQMWj7W8KTZDC_SWY_7oGSAjp=w300

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter