• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Freebie for DVC tour????

joe-aka-papabear

Mouseketeer
Doing a non Disney park vacation but staying at SSR. I was wondering what they offer for freebies for doing the DVC tour. I remember being offered fast passes before if we would go to the presentation.

I'm wondering what they would give, seeing that we don't need fast passes. Definitely wouldn't purchase a DVC but might do the presentation if it would be worth it.

Back in 2012, we received a $100 Disney GC. But the DVC market is a lot hotter today than it was then so not sure if they have lessened what they give.

Interesting, they haven't offered anything I would ever want in a very long time so I haven't gone back to look in a very long time; not necessarily a bad thing lol

They have a really nice ice cream palour at the end. Sprinkles and toppings! We got a lovely tote bag and some pins also. When you go in there is cookies and drinks.

We were mailed an offer (think it was $50 or $75 gift card) 2 years ago. Their offers are random that they send out and no one knows how they choose people, but I would recommend going on the Disney site and looking up DVC properties while signed on.

In January we were mailed a code number to mention for a $50.00 gift card. It had to be used by a certain date. There were juice, tea, coffee, cookies, and squares that we helped ourselves to. As I recall the hot water was not very hot for the tea. It finished at the ice cream parlour where we were given dishes of ice cream which we topped up however we wanted.

Quite a few years ago we stayed at OKW and did a tour. If I recall correctly we were given a continental breakfast.

Oh yes, we got the cookies and drinks too, but even nicer was free childcare for our 2 young ones during the tour.

Do you tour a specific property, or do they take you around to multiple? And how do you sign up for a tour? I'm planning to rent DVC points for our next trip, not really in the market to buy one but if they still provide free childcare it sounds like a nice way to spend a couple child-free hours touring resorts at Disney. I would love to visit more of the resorts but its not the easiest thing to do with two little ones when you don't have a car.

We stayed club level at CR in Jan. 2015 and 2016. Both times an invitation was in the room on the second day. We got a $100 gc, 3 fast passes and refreshments both years.

I took the tour in 2012. We only got a $20 gift card. We toured SSR and i seem to recall that they have standard ones set up at SSR as to how the others look

Do you tour a specific property, or do they take you around to multiple? And how do you sign up for a tour? I'm planning to rent DVC points for our next trip, not really in the market to buy one but if they still provide free childcare it sounds like a nice way to spend a couple child-free hours touring resorts at Disney. I would love to visit more of the resorts but its not the easiest thing to do with two little ones when you don't have a car.

In 2012, we toured BLT. We were staying there on rented points. We simply walked up to the DVC guy in the lobby and asked about how it all worked. He offered us $100 GC for the tour. Childcare was provided in their kid's club but only a couple of ours would go in. The other two sat in the tour/sales pitch with us. Most of the "tour" was just sitting in a small meeting room talking.

Hmm, not quite as interesting as I was hoping but it definitely doesn't hurt to approach the DVC desk when we're there and see if we get offered anything. I'd definitely sit through the presentation for a $100 GC (probably even $50).

Doing a non Disney park vacation but staying at SSR. I was wondering what they offer for freebies for doing the DVC tour. I remember being offered fast passes before if we would go to the presentation.

I'm wondering what they would give, seeing that we don't need fast passes. Definitely wouldn't purchase a DVC but might do the presentation if it would be worth it.
We toured the new POLY bungalows in August 2016. All we got was free childcare and 3 fastpasses!!!

We did the tour recently - we recieved 3 fast passes per person - and they had restrictions that they couldn't be used for certain attractions/meet and greets (like, you couldn't use them to meet anna/elsa)

We did the tour on 2/29/16 and got a $50 GC, ice cream, and juice and breakfast pastries (we toured at 1030 am and it was different stuff by the time we finished at 12). We had gotten a card in the mail prior to our trip and did the tour the day before we actually checked in. We toured at SSR and they had mock rooms from Poly, Aulani, and GF. It was pretty neat. If money were no object we would have signed up right then and there but we just did it for the free $50 gc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter