"free" things to do in st martin, st john

dizzi

DIS Veteran
We booked an "extra" cruise to tide us over until the REAL cruise in 2013...

FOR JUST ME AND DH

sooo

WE need to see how little we can spend on this cruise....

need some suggestions about what to do in st martin, st john, obvioulsy we can just lounge and snorkel at CC.

We are not opposed to doing the same at the other stops but where??
HOw??

Or any other options you may have.

In St Maartin, walk, don't take the water taxi if you are both able bodied.
It look's far away but it's not a long walk, 10-15 min's.

The Greenhouse is a great place to eat, and not expensive, and drink's should be cheaper than on the ship!
Apart from that, try to get a few of you Guest's together to share a cab to a beach, then haggle with the driver over the price.

Hope that help's a little bit!

Ex Techie :)

In St. Maarten, visit a shop called "That Yoda Guy." Lots of movie stuff...really a fun stop.

WE HAVE BEEN TO ST MAARTENS A FEW TIMES AND ARE GOING aGAIN THIS FEB. WE HAVE ALWAYS CRUISED INTO ST MAARTENS. WE LEARNED TO TAKE A CAB FOR $8 PER PERSON TO MARIGOT ON THE FRENCH SIDE FOR SOME GREAT FRESH PASTRIES. I THINK THE FRENCH BAKERY IS CALLED SARIFINAS, NOT SURE OF SPELLING. YOU CAN WALK FROM THE SHIP TO THE BEACH IN PHILLIPSBURG. IN THE LAST FEW YEARS I THINK THEY REDID THE WHOLE BEACH AREA WITH A BOARDWALK. THERE ARE MANY SPOTS TO SIT AND ENJOY A DRINK BY THE BEACH, SO WEAR YOUR SWIM SUITS UNDER SOMETHING. I KNOW YOU WONT HAVE TIME BUT THE BEACH AT THE END OF THE AIRPORT RUNWAY IS VERY INTERESTING TO WATCH THE JETS LAND RIGHT ABOVE YOUR HEAD. THEY HAVE LIGHTS THERE SO THE CARS HAVE TO STOP WHEN A JET LANDS, PLUS YOU HAVE TO NOT BE SITTING ON THE BEACH UNDER THE JETS. ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE KNOWS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT. BY THE WAY YOU CAN GET A DRINK OF RUM OR BEER CHEAPER THAN BOTTLED WATER:rotfl2:

In St. Maarten, visit a shop called "That Yoda Guy." Lots of movie stuff...really a fun stop.

WE WENT IN THERE:rotfl2: I LIKE STAR WARS SO WE HAD TO GO THERE. HE MADE THE ORIGINAL YODA. HE WORKED WITH GEORGE LUCAS. HE HAS A SMALL MUSEUM IN HIS SHOP, BUT YOU MUST BUY SOMETHING TO GO THRU:rotfl2:. I BOUGHT MY SON SOMETHING AND WENT THRU THE MUSEUM. HE TAKES STAR WARS SCRIPTS AND TAKES COPIES OF PAGES AND GROUPS THEM WITH THINGS THAT RELATE TO THAT PAGE. ITS RIGHT ON THE MAIN STREET IN PHILLIPSBURG. YOU CANT MISS IT. ITS YELLOW AND YOU CAN HEAR THE SPWAKERS:rotfl2:

WOW!

I know the island is great, but please stop shouting at us! :lmao:

Ex Techie :)

Sorry I type with one finger and just leave caps on:rotfl2:

I forgot to mention THE SUNSET BAR AT MAHO BEACH!!! They serve drinks and food there. You can watch the Jets land and use the beach. Great around mid day!!!!! The Jets are so close you can almost shake hands with the passengers:rotfl2:

OMG thankyou for the video link that is awesome.

My Dh wants to go there.

Can we take a taxi to that beach.

besides the airplanes is there any decent snorkeling in that area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter