"free" souvenir cups?

rsjj

DIS Veteran
i've read (and not really paid much attention to...)that you can get souvenir cups at sail away parties...can someone tell me exactly what they are? and where do you get them? or what do you need to do/purchase, to get them? thanx in advance! :flower:

They walk around with them near the pools. We got two plastic ones, one pink and one green. They are the tall type with a small stem at the bottom and have DCL on them. I'm fairly sure that I saw glass ones as well (clear of course). We got ours at the first sail away party in Port Canaveral, but I think they were at all of them. They are of course not "free" as you pay for the drink that I don't recall enjoying all that much. HTH

thank you!

does anyone know...how much is the drink? and i assume they are alcoholic, correct? can you get it in non-alcoholic? :flower:

Wait until they have the BOGO drink of the day. Those are also served in the special daqueri glasses with the DCL logo.

rsjj said:
thank you!

does anyone know...how much is the drink? and i assume they are alcoholic, correct? can you get it in non-alcoholic? :flower:

I can't remember how much the drinks are, but I do remember that they do have both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available during the sail away party. I thought that was a nice touch since not everyone drinks.

At the sailaway party they come around with trays filled with drinks called Miami Vice (you can order a specific drink but they have the Miami Vice's already on a tray)...these are half pina coloda and half strawberry daiquri and they are very good....they start off virgin....if you want it alcoholic they add a shot to it!

Here is a link to a pic of what the DCL glasses look like.... My son is holding the tall glass beer mug (refillable program) and it has the DCL logo on it. My DD is holding the glass that you can keep as a souvenir which also has a DCL logo on it.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/249426676/249463342rHPlcO

The drink of the day is 3.50, but if you get it in the souvenier glass it costs more (can't remember how much). We each bought a souvenier glass with our first drink and then kept using that glass for our drinks the rest of the cruise.

Ok..Ok...call me cheap..but just so you all know...after the sail away party...there are empty glasses all over the top of the ship that someone paid for and just left...I went around after the party and "collected" one of each color..took them back to my cabin and cleaned them...when I got home cleaned them properly and now have a great souvenier...at $0 cost...thanks to those who left them on deck...

lbgraves said:
Wait until they have the BOGO drink of the day. Those are also served in the special daqueri glasses with the DCL logo.

I didn't know they had BOGO drinks of the day! When do they do that? This info will come in handy for our August cruise.

Thanks!

tawasdave said:
Ok..Ok...call me cheap..but just so you all know...after the sail away party...there are empty glasses all over the top of the ship that someone paid for and just left...I went around after the party and "collected" one of each color..took them back to my cabin and cleaned them...when I got home cleaned them properly and now have a great souvenier...at $0 cost...thanks to those who left them on deck...

You are definitely my kind of person!! Remember, we are not cheap, we are frugal!!!!! My family may say that "I'm so tight, I squeak when I walk". HA! But, who always has money in her pocket????? :rotfl:

Here's a close-up of the plastic "glasses". I love using them at home now :teeth:

D1940366.JPG

In this pic, you can see the different colors they come in, in the foreground. DH and I had just purchased our margaritas, and the CM took our picture. :earboy2:

D1940365.JPG

We wanted the glasses and got drinks of the day on deck with the special glasses - one alcoholic and one not, no problem. However, we got plastic ones and the ones my sister got in the restaurant were glass. The price was the same. When I asked our head server about that in the evening he "found" us a couple of glass ones. We had heard on here that if you get the glass early in the trip, you could get other drinks of the day for the $3.50 in the glass that holds more. A bargain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter